Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

saitama is taking the child outside so her tantrum won't bug other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The entire Garou arc is perfection. I hope the redraw doesn't change a single thing once the fight at the Monster Association HQ starts, because while the filler is fun so far, I don't think they should add or change anything about it at that point.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zombie Man is really loving cool when you think about it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

He's wearing a tank top :colbert:

that's the opposite of unpleasant.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharktamer posted:

So who's in the list of people who know how powerful Saitama is? Before the Garou arc wasn't it just Genos, Bang and Speed of sound Sonic (lol)? Now it seems to include practically every S-class hero as well.

if sonic actually knew how strong saitama was he wouldn't be trying to beat him. or, i guess he really is that big of an idiot

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shicchi is Blast

i have a strong feeling this is it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think a true god level threat has appeared yet, not even Perfect Garou.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

who would win in a fight, Master Roshi or Bang?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LostRook posted:

I clicked on the link now it's hours later and I've reread the entire manga again. Worth it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If they truly do the animation in the style of ONE's art, it will surpass the OPM anime

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

but it messes with the zombieman joke. who cares about the plot points

how does it mess with it? its the same joke, we just get it earlier in the anime

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

He's gonna kiss Fubuki

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Poor Saitama is about to become a very busy man.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Also who knows what kinds of scenes the new version will add. It could be years until we see garou vs saitama

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Was the thing with elder centipede and blast something that was mentioned in the ONE version?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Flashy Flash getting a really cool fight here is going to make the part where Saitama saves him later even better

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

With the Murata version starting to approach the later stages of the Garou arc, its interesting to see the webcomic picking up this much steam to lay the groundwork for the next arc.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the past few chapters have been the funniest the series has been in a long time

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i don't like it personally. i thought everything about saitama vs garou was more or less perfect and I feel like Garou spilling his heart out to Saitama directly only to have his delusion shattered is way better than building that motivation as early as the redraw just did.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

watchdog man will never be explained

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As long as Murata makes the fight from King's arrival to Saitama's decision to let Garou go essentially unchanged, I'll be happy. Just let all the character beats from that part happen without interference, because in my mind that whole section is perfect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It is absolutely essential we end up with the Saitama vs Garou 1v1, and a perfect recreation of the "it's a hobby" scene with the rest of the S-class knocked out/on the brink of death around them

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dislike the comical portrayal of Garou at this point because I want the Saitama fight to be the thing that breaks his persona down. We have too many characters clued in to his true nature as someone who just wants to help people.

I also am sad we probably won't get saitama's casual punch destroying ENW as he enters the scene to ask "who the hell are you?" But the surfboard military ship makes up for it at least

Maybe I just have too high of an opinion of the webcomic's portrayal of events, and unfair expectations of them being translated faithfully

Edit: i realize im just retreading points already made but I think that just shows how this might be a real problem (i dont read posts before mine)

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 29, 2022

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Remind me, did the Murata version include any Fubuki vs Psykos fight where she uses the technique she developed to fight her sister on her? That was one of my favorite moments in the webcomic

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheGoldenSmurf/status/1506714880052711425?t=rhB54R13MkntpwVSXo7IpQ&s=19

I am sad that, at least for now, this bit is gone

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

None of those posts seem completely incorrect to me, nor is it really a bad thing to be a dweeb about criticizing a thing

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

One of the best parts of the WC fight for me was how a lot if it is framed from Garou's POV and we see Saitama as something kind of terrifying and hopeless to fight against. I just hope we get to that point in the next couple chapters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah this is basically an entirely new story at this point. I wonder what will happen with the rest of the webcomic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This version is a bit closer to the webcomic and honestly I like it a lot better for that. One of my favorite moments in the webcomic is Garou calling Saitama the "embodiment of unfairness" and the entire vibe of that fight is starting to pop up here which is what I want.

Garou's final transformation didn't need an explaination like this but as long as Saitama completely no-sells it and gives him the reality check that he's weaker than he was before (because he's no longer even using his own power) I think it can come together. I think overall this is a better direction to go in