Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

We also have not seen #1 S rank hero.

There is the possibility that Blast is just the name the hero association gave to the guy who saved its founder's son a few years before the story started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Completely erratically. A new chapter only comes out when ONE feels like it; this is just something he does on the side for fun.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

didnt one specifically say that she wasn't as strong as mob at 100%? like no contest if mob was serious?

I think the phrasing of his answer was "there's no answer".

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Jintor posted:

man, re-reading the villain association assault is so much fun. I hadn't picked up the first time through that King accidentally disabled Evil Natural Water because Water reacts to killing intent, and King not having any neutralised it.

The moment where he tells Homeless Emperor to watch his footing, sending him into this panicked inner monologue about how amazing King is, kills me every time. Maybe my favorite chapter in the series.

It honestly kind of bums me out that the Murata version is doing this "filler" arc. I have no doubts it's going to be quality, of course, but man I just want it to get into the Monster Association arc already.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Speaking of Murata-original stuff, the whole PriPriPrisoner extra chapter was penned by him, right? The character's so much more palatable when he's not a literal rapist and I can just pretend that chapter doesn't exist.

I don't have any hard evidence, but all things considered I doubt that Murata wrote any original content for One-Punch Man. I'm pretty sure ONE wrote all the extra chapters for the redrawn version.

I agree with you about Pri-Pri Prisoner, but I think the implications are still pretty clear even discounting the extra chapters.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

jwang posted:

I want to say that Blast is the leader of this new Hero Association, simply due to how often he's absent from meetings (or implied to be frequently missing). Chances are he's off setting up this new association when he became disenfranchised by the current system, and now the split is going full swing.

I suspect Blast is absent just because he prefers to keep himself busy with whatever's going on in his day-to-day life rather than hero work. Maybe he's even retired as a hero by this point, who knows - he seemed like the kind of person who might be cynical enough to quit.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

LostRook posted:

The dude with the eye-patch and glasses looks familiar. Did he show up in an omake?

Holyeskimo posted:

Yes, he wanted the police to beg the HA help when they were being attacked.

Which is kind of neat. I think he's another character who first appeared in the Murata version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
There's also the fact that the series has adapted an odd chapter numbering scheme seemingly for the sole purpose of delaying hitting chapter 100. That combined with recent events in the manga (plus the apparent upcoming graduation) seems to suggest that it's nearing its conclusion.