Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

That was basically perfect, and nicely avoids feeling like giving either series too much weight.

I liked that Vegeta wasn't super Saiyan either; it says they were both holding back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Surprised nobody's brought up her catching that rock that was going to level the car. I don't think we've seen her express anything like caring about regular people before.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I believe she was mocking him, as a few panels before he was telling her to be careful of endangering others. Then Saitama accidentally endangers the family.

I just reread it and now I'm not sure anymore. It's not super easy to tell from her face there.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Davinci posted:

It just occurred to me that since Sweet Mask is guarding the position of #1 A rank, and that since Saitama is in the A ranks now after the Garou arc, those two are eventually going to clash if Saitama keeps climbing the ranks and we'll likely see just what Sweet Mask's powers actually are. It impresses me how ONE manages to keep sliding all these plot threads in throughout to hook onto whenever he needs them.

Not that it likely won't happen anyways, but Sweet Mask could really easily just let Saitama sidestep him in the rankings. Fubuki showed up to intimidate Saitama, but nothing really came of that and now he's A rank anyways.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Then you have all the heroes who are teetering on the edge of heroism and narcissism, like Genos, King, Fubuki, Superalloy Darkshine, and Pri-Pri Prisoner, who could all wind up total shitbags or noble heroes, based on who they wind up listening to. And then there's plenty of bad influences, like Tank Top Master who leads a small army of superpowered shitbags, Dr. Bofoy who has absolutely no interest in human life, or Handsomly Masked Sweet Mask who uses his position as the most popular and influential hero to tell all the other heroes to never show mercy or understanding in any situation.

Tank Top Master's followers all seem like assholes, but that's based on like one scene, and nothing about the main man makes him seem too unpleasant.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I'm so hopeful that the anime will get all the way up to the fight with Garou and the Monster Association. That arc was super rad with ONE's art, it's gonna be amazing to see it done out in full.

That'll be at best 2 years from now, and it's really more likely to be 3 or 4.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Anime Blu-rays.
If it's not selling BD's, it's not getting a second season.

And they don't give a poo poo about sales outside of Japan so not even those would save it if they're good.

E: It's second on the list though, so there's hope.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

They might actually sell blurays if they didn't make them $70 for 4 episodes.

Go the Steam sale route of "we make a lot more money than usual by selling huge amounts for much less"

They're selling them sufficiently for most series in the market they care about, so why should they change?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

What do you reckon Garou did after he disappeared?

Thought over things and decided he'd rather be a true hero

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Actually I kinda like it that they're not power levels, just threat levels. So yeah Garou has a lower threat level than most of the random monsters just because he's not interested in anyone but heroes.

His level was probably below Tiger, even.

For all the poo poo he spouted about murder, Garou never killed anyone that wasn't a monster, did he?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Has the idea been brought up that Blast doesn't actually exist by himself, and he's Bang and Bomb doing the fusion dance?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Where would the story go from there?

The S Ranks can acknowledge him without the world at large acknowledging him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So Zombie Man would get absolutely murdered by the Sea King.

I always thought they would tie, honestly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

We've already been given a reasonable explanation why he's so strong, at least from an in universe perspective. He trained obsessively for...was it 2 years, and he became what he was obsessed with: a hero. He's a hero monster because he was obsessed with becoming a hero and pursued it so diligently. This is a universe where people can transform in to crabs if they're obsessed with them, so it makes perfect sense. The difference between Saitama and Crablante is that Saitama never let his obsession control or define him, so when he noticed his obsession had changed him, he backed off and just made it a hobby instead. Even then he was losing his humanity until Genos came along and he started actually connecting with people despite himself.

I know people keep saying that they hope the real reason is never told and they wanted the "100 situps, 100..." joke to always be the explanation but as far as I'm concerned it has already been detailed, the explanation is fine and is just as good a joke as Saitama's internal explanation for it while also simultaneously being a rather neat explanation thematically. I could not ask for more from the manga, because that explanation is basically perfect.

Yeah, I agree the real problem would be if they told us just how strong he became.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Didn't all of the obsessive humans just sort of wake up one day to find they had transformed? Saitama progressed gradually from failed salaryman to living incarnation of power.

I'm almost certain he says at one point that he woke up one morning to see that all his hair was gone

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Xarbala finally convinced me to jump aboard the ONE train so I spent the whole evening catching up on the Garou arc.

Wow.

It owns owns owns

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I for one eagerly await the battle between Fubuki and crippled Tatsumaki

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Where can I read the chapter where Tatsumaki dumps Saitama down a fissure?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Saitama lets himself be treated like a ragdoll sometimes.
See: boros.

Tatsumaki also is probably just that powerful.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably this.
He doesn't give a poo poo, he tried to stop her being an rear end but he's out of fucks to give.

This is not remotely how Saitama works.

If he is waiting, it'll be so Fubuki and Tatsumaki can sort this poo poo out on their own because him stepping in won't do anything to solve it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Eventually Saitama will have to land somewhere unless he's coming out in Brazil. Then he can jump back the way he came.

Tatsumaki could break a lot of people's bones in the 30 seconds that might take.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Unless Saitama shows up and this doesn't get settled by Fubuki and Tatsumaki this'll actually be the first fight Saitama's technically lost.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 6, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Not how I thought everything would go down at all, but it's still nice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Popo posted:

The one thing that actually seemed to hurt Saitama; being reminded of his alienation. Poor chrome dome.

The sad part is it's all in his head at this point.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Saitama and Genos originally joined the Hero Association under different circumstances than they find themselves in now. Saitama wanted recognition, Genos wanted Saitama's approval. Saitama has since discovered/decided that fame isn't all it's cracked up to be, Genos finally has Saitama's acceptance (as a friend if not an equal), and both of them are very acutely aware of the petty factional politics and corruption rampant throughout the system.

Saitama may or may not care, but I don't think that's going to stop Genos fhttps://forums.somethingawful.com/usercp.phprom making the switch if he wants to.

Saitama completely accepted Genos as an equal from the start.

Saitama doesn't accept him as a friend, though, because Saitama doesn't think he has friends.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I think Flashy Flash (lol) is going to start stalking Saitama to train him, which is going to be pretty funny when his little brother gets salty as poo poo. Dunno what Atomic Samurai was talking about, it was kind of vague.

We're almost certainly getting Atomic Samurai vs. Saitama in the near future is what it looks like.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Did he even get to see Saitama fight? I was under the impression that only the guys who tried executing Garo saw him fighting.

I don't think he did but that doesn't mean he couldn't be wanting to test Saitama.

Or maybe he's talking about Genos, or someone else entirely :shrug:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

So as someone who knows poo poo all about this: what prevented this same team of people to just do the same thing again? Like if they were passionate enough to make it the first time, why not just keep going, instead of letting it* turn into poo poo?

*obviously not blaming any of them because I doubt they had any control, just genuinely curious how this kind of thing happens in the first place but then quickly becomes untenable

They don't have the same director, therefore they don't have the same freelancers the director knew

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

The old Berserk thread was active for twelve years.

Yeah I think the posts about that are what got it closed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
E: Wrong thread!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

What I don't get is how merging together creates gold. I thought it was a moniker for the ultimate, final form, but it turns out it's also literal?

He turned super saiyan smegma

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also the pacing would probably be fine if Murata stopped redrawing things

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm just glad Garou got a big fight with Bang.

I'm more bummed Fubuki didn't really get to do anything. That feels weird.

Yeah she got a cool moment that cemented that she was truly S-class only to have it subsumed here by everyone vs. Murata’s giantess fetish

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
God Murata just needs to do one whole chapter of Fubuki panels

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Tedious is posting this random twitter user and expecting anyone in the thread to give a poo poo, hth OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

This redraw is cringe, I'm moving on to watching the RWBY anime

This, unironically