Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

There's also "The Organization" with all their robots floating around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

I was thinking a bit about Saitama. Forgive me if these thoughts aren't original. His reason for his training was that he wanted to be "a hero as a hobby". To enable this "hobby," he trained for three years, not taking even a single break, to the extent that he lost all of his hair and his body underwent a number of horrifying changes. I'm not saying that people this dedicated don't exist, such as Olympic athletes, but they make what they are dedicated to their life's work, not just a "hobby". Why is Saitama so obsessed about a "hobby," and why does he consider it a "hobby" and not "his purpose in life" or somesuch?

Monster patrols were a hobby. As for working out:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

More chapters retconned in the Murata version. Do you think they contribute much to Child Emperor's parting with the Hero Association?

They almost do the opposite with him having genuine comradery with Zombieman.

But at the very least, we're totally going to have Phoenixman in the doghouse with Rover, Black Sperm, and Manaco.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

All of those things can still happen though.

And though the relative proportions of humor to action are different, it's certainly still there.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder if the wolf mask incident happened in this timeline. Because this was the exact fight redraw Suiryu wanted.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

King's bluff against Golden Sperm is pretty neat too.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It'll take like 2 new or rewritten lines to fix it in the manga. I really think all the talk about the stories being completely different is overblown.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Remind me, are the Neo Heroes and their suits related to the Organization? Because as far as I can tell that's the last hanging plot thread from the first part of the series that hasn't been addressed (assuming Drive Knight isn't lying out of his rear end).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Monkey's Paw: Watchdogman gets fleshed out, but only in the Manga, in the 4th redraw of the Phoenixman fight.