Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

So my friend read the newest chapter and apparently Child Emperor has a mech buddy that looks like the G-Self from Gundam Reconguista in G?

Eh, a tiny bit, if I'm thinking of the right mech. (The shoulders are more Jegan, for example.)

But maybe I'm forgetting something.

Child Emperor has a lot of robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

OPM has stopped being the webcomic I think. Might be a case of too many cooks as editors and the publisher try to get their wants in.

So im just going to relegate myself to waiting for ONEs next project after MP100.

But... we already have the next thing. There's a Reigen and Tome manga. It's ongoing right now. Updated just last month.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

reading mob psycho will teach you that one has always been a great artist. his style can convey brutal action and charming sincerity and gives every a joke a x5 multiplier

ONE's interesting early on, because a lot of the things artists look for in great art? He's a one-in-a-million natural. Composition, focus, prospective, timing, conveying motion? Crazy good grasp on it. It's why Murata heard about him in pro circles, because holy poo poo, this guy got it.

He just also had most things he drew look uglier than homemade sin. It meant that, depending on what you were looking for, it was simultaneously the Mona Lisa and something a kid drew in poop on a wall.

ONE hasn't lost what he was good at, but if you look at his raw figures, it's gone from "What is that? Is that meant to be a person?" to "Oh. Okay, that looks fine." And it's not just from assistants. The rough storyboards he sends to Murata look much better than the older comics.

Just goes to show that even the best of us have room to improve. Like Saitama.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Oh, so the improvement is mostly him hiring more artists and being more focused? That's a shame. I thought it was a "fake it til you make it" in regards to drawing story.

It's pretty clear there's real improvement. Again, the no assistant storyboards he sends Murata are head and shoulders above his early work from a character art standpoint.

The other things help, but the main one still seems to be good old fashioned practice.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

It's been so long between arcs that I forgot how this comic works and was legitimately surprised

I was expecting it eventually, but the timing was just perfect. The contrast with the Murata version being in the middle of a super long arc just makes it funnier.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, Saitama listened and his big takeaway was that Sweet Mask should be himself. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if Saitama thinks that Sweet Mask thinks of himself as a monster metaphorically, rather than noticing that Sweet Mask is indeed very much literally a monster.

Kinda wondering if keeping Black Sperm and the dog around is important. Saitama accidentally heading a movement of how not all monsters are bad.

Superalloy Darkshine had basically the same thing happen as Sweet Mask. The difference is that Darkshine went "Oh, cool. Workout's going good.", and just went on with his life. And Zombieman is a product of the House of Evolution, same as Carnage Kabuto.

There's several heroes and civilians who would be easily categorized as "monsters" if they weren't on the side of humanity. The thing is, they just kind of roll with it. Meanwhile, Sweet Mask makes it a big deal, obsesses over it, and therefore thinks he's at the edge of a cliff all the time. Saitama's advice not to worry makes a lot of sense in that light.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

I mean I do like the development and redemption of Sweet Mask but he is still an rear end in a top hat that murdered a bunch of alien prisoners that had surrendered and also humans that were under mind control.

Like now we understand he had his reasons for doing so, sure, that doesn't change he's a contemptible piece of poo poo.

Eh...

I think he's still a major rear end in a top hat, but now that we know his reasons, I'd stop short of full on piece of poo poo. He was doing horrible things because he thought of it as the one way to keep his humanity, and while it's a dick move, the aliens were (as far as we know) willing participants in a massacre of civilians, while the mind controlled humans sold out the heroes to save their own hides even when they still had free will.

Given his position, I can see the argument. Doesn't make it right, but I can afford a little sympathy, especially since he's planning on someone doing the same to him once the time comes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

Does he still have to workout like this to maintain his god-like invincibility, or is it like flicking a switch and now he's locked into this state permanently?

He broke his limiter, which means it's not just a temporary condition.

That said, from his talk in one of the audio dramas, it seems like keeping up his routine makes him even stronger every day.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Sounds lame tbh

Anything that cuts Manako isn't worth doing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tatsumaki's whole philosophy doesn't even extend past Fubuki anyway. It's not like she cares enough about anybody else to worry about whether they can handle themselves. This probably just reinforces her belief that she could've done all this by herself and everyone else sucks and was only in the way.

Well, she thanked Genos this time. And King obviously is too powerful for Tatsumaki to second guess him.

But yeah. Most people are useless in her book.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

As pathetic as it may sound, one of the things keeping me going in this pandemic is the excitement from the idea of seeing a Murata-drawn depiction of Silverfang killing Fuerer ugly, Gums, and thousand Black Sperms...

Nothing pathetic about it being one of the things keeping you going. This year's been a shitstorm and a half, and anything good is worth clinging to.

Next year's going to be better, but as long as you aren't putting One Punch Man as your only reason to keep going, it seems like a pretty reasonable way to handle things.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Seems even Saitama's getting suspicious.

People beating him on the scene just shouldn't happen ...unless they set things up in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sefer posted:

Does anyone know a non-MangaDex source for 138 and 139? I was behind and now that MangaDex is down I can't catch up.

138 is up in the Jump app, if you're in a country that supports it.