Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Still haven't seen that dog hero in action yet either.

closest we have seen is in chapter 67 where Guard Dog Man is ripping the freaking head off of a monster with the most nonchalant look on his face.
Guard Dog Man is my favorite S-rank hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Is his hero name Guard Dog Man or Watchdog Man? This is important.

Depends on your translator. The Murata translation by Boon calls him Watchdog Man (My preference). The ONE translation by HellMuT calls him Guard Dog Man (I'm using that because this is the ONE tread). Either one seems to be correct but I can't read japanese so I wouldn't know which one is the literal translation.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

zerosix posted:

I can't wait for this rant to get translated.

It's up on Batoto

Finally someone asked him this question. The tank top bros almost got to this point but didn't follow through.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Favorite panel from ch. 92

I'm not saying the world will be saved by absolute evil but...absolute evil

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bisse posted:

I'm most interested in finding out what the hell the deal was with Hobo King's vision.

Also, the art ONE does may be technically poo poo, but his characterization, expressions, choreography in the action scenes, it's strangely beautiful. Saitama vs Garou was one of the most intense things i've seen on paper.

If you compare the ONE comics to the Murata redesigns you'll find that the panel layouts and poses are almost 1:1 across the board. All Murata has really done is make a better looking OPM, but ONE has a really strong grasp of how to design a comic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Thankfully Bang is sound enough of mind to realize that nobody stands a chance against Saitama. I'm not sure how he plans to defuse this situation but I don't think killing Garou is going to help anyone. All he has to do is create a situation where the other heroes feel like they got what they wanted.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Translation for the new chapter is up on Batoto. Looks like Saitama's list of roomies continues to grow.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

The most professional S class there is

I like this new view of Pig God. He was really quiet throughout the first couple of appearances but once the whole Monster Association fight started he started coming into his own.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Another update, this time with more action
http://bato.to/read/_/319119/onepunch-man-original_ch100--v2-_by_anonymous

The poo poo Saitama puts up with

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This is going to be epic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The gently caress you call me midget?
This is going to be awesome.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Really not used to updates the frequent. Also Did King just walk in on Garou under a waterfall? What was the deal with that corpse in the shed?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Compared to most anime out there airing weekly, season 2 looks fine. Not spectacular, but OK.
It's baffling how the OP from the first season really stuck out, had great visuals, and did something more unique than normal by not just lifting scenes from the source material and instead decided to just convey the strength, loneliness, and hype of Saitama. Then Season 2 decided that they needed to be like everyone else and just show you what is going to happen and who is going to show up through mostly static of incredibly short snippets.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Even more bold of you to assume an s3 would get to the good Garou bits, that poo poo would be like 3 cours from where this anime will end at the earliest
You say that, but I've been watching VOLN try and cram 38 volumes of story into 24 episodes, and somehow have an entire Cour dedicated to the last 5 volumes of Karakuri Circus. There's no logic to pacing for an adaptation, whoever gets Season 3 you can be sure they will have to make a blitz for any and all the good fights and cram the rest into it however they can. The 2nd episode of Season 2 already felt like that honestly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Elentor posted:

Although it's a joke that's kinda buried under a lot of other gags in that chapter, I love how Genos just, without contest, buys into the premise that they will repair a sword with tape. Genos, who has a very visceral, personal relationship with metallurgy, smithing and repairing, and also has probably enough money to cover for Flashy's sword.

I think the best line was Flashy Flash just telling Saitama to either repair the sword or pay him after getting tired of him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So what was the point of orochi.
Just another wall for Garou to underdog against?
Because for all that setup he got done in pretty quickly. And not talking about being one punched, its how for all his setup he got less pages than pheonixman.
Among other things, he serves as a better reason for why the association manages to keep all these monsters united under a single banner since the threat of dying to him is very real so even the Cadre are kept in line despite Black Speem, or more specifically Golden Sperm, being of a similar tier. And with Psykos running everything else it keeps her in a leadership role while having some actual muscle to bolster her position.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Being mean to Genos and urging Saitama to kill an incredibly strong guy who claims to be a monster and said he's going to kill a small child and everyone in the Hero's association aren't exactly the worst things a person can do. Like he's kind of a dickhead sure, but that's hardly beyond redemption.

I think that's my take as well. The worst thing Sweet mask has done is kill prisoners who had surrendered. He's still an rear end in a top hat, but everything he's done has more or less just been an extremist form of justice which is still logical. I don't even object to wanting to execute Garou just on the principle that he could potentially retry his attempt at destroying humanity. I know he won't because Saitama has given him a lecture, but still none of the other heroes have any reason to think that. The current chapters give us more insight into his mentality which lets me feel bad for the guy since he's literally grappling with his humanity and trying to basically leave a successor before it's time for him to die.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Only thing we've seen is pripri prisoner's rape jail and all the monsters locked up in the hero association beside psykos that Saitama killed

Prisoner's boyfriends aren't monsters technically.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Also Garou turning back from monster to human in front of him.

Garou always had a surface level transformation. Sweet mask has been a "monster" for some time just with the benefit of being able to mold his features. I don't think he'll ever be human again.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Well with the new aspects of his story its quite obvious that he would never actually harm people.
Monsters are a completely different thing though.
But that's the thing. He was definitely going to kill the mercenary crew had the disciples not intervened. So it's not that he won't harm people, it's just that this time someone managed to intervene to stop him. If he would do it now, he's inarguably done it in the past as well and either had the benefit of no witnesses or a good enough context to brush it under the rug.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Kinda stretching the definition of human there.

#neanderthallivesmatter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm glad Saitama is making friends.

More like getting along with his coworkers for a change.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

aww I wanted Suiko to get a better showing than that.
Especially after she shotgunned a fuckin four loko she should have won what the fuuuuck

A mere 9% isn't going to give her the boost she needs.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

i flunked out posted:

this is a cooler blast outfit than the murata version imo.

The impression Blast gives off in the Tats flashback doesn't make it seem like he's a flashy kind of guy. Much like Saitama he's more down to earth, so an outfit that's got those massive pauldrons seems a bit extravagant.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

He does think strength is beauty after all

They would be jacked like how Darkshine envisions Tatsumaki and King then.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Wow, they really aren't wasting time on the whole takeover plan are they? Couldn't even try and rope in a few more S-class heroes and implant these newfangled mind control chips and super suits huh?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

Ahaha, why does everyone underestimate Metal Bat? Even some of the readers!

hey do not respect the power of the pompadour. They will all learn the errors of their ways. Also, Metal Bat is one of those heroes that really doesn't advertise his strength, even WDM has the reputation of being the sole protector of an entire city despite being being a guy in a fursuit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sensing the fanbase having dwindling interest in the rampant escalation of the manga, ONE delivers something to keep us happy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I could have sworn there was a panel of him in a suit after giving up the villain life

There is, he was being followed by some B or C class heroes who were monitoring him the same time he was going for a job interview. Odds are they arrested him later.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

There's absolutely 0 tension lmao

I really wonder why ONE decided to remove escalation of things where most of the S-class were defeated and barely making it to the surface for this current setup.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I feel a little bad for the publishers who have to sort through that mess. And the people want to buy every volume.

I believe the Child Emperor fight hadn't been collected into a printed volume yet despite there being like 5 months of redraws. All the recent redraws have been for the latest volume that came out as well.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

graham cracker posted:

Translation up: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1174896/1

Edit: Why doesn't Suiryu recognize Saitama? Another Edit: Really? They only met in the manga version? Wierd!

Yeah, manga continuity and webcomic branched off pretty hard so they are their own stories at this point.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

10 points to Gryffindor for weaponizing a wall of text.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Blastís design is cool.

The massive Toriyama shoulder pads don't work for me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I would not be able to handle this betrayal

I do find it hilarious when juxtaposing the recentish manga teamup of these two guys and Genos falling for such obvious bait in the webcomic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Imagine Endless Eight, but it is the Phoenixman fight.

Why imagine when we lived it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Used to be a rule that the only characters that got really mangled were cyborgs or Zombieman. Not so much this go around.