Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adelheid posted:

I don't know how Murata's going to handle this. His design for Tatsumaki just doesn't convey her perpetual, barely-contained murderous rage. "Tornado of Terror" means something in ONE's version that is unfortunately lost in Murata's.

Obviously, he'll just redraw all the parts that she's in so that it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sharktamer posted:

So who's in the list of people who know how powerful Saitama is? Before the Garou arc wasn't it just Genos, Bang and Speed of sound Sonic (lol)? Now it seems to include practically every S-class hero as well.

At least one of Fubuki's followers are aware after the Demonic Fan fight and there's also Dr. Genus. Common Rider as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I'm so hopeful that the anime will get all the way up to the fight with Garou and the Monster Association. That arc was super rad with ONE's art, it's gonna be amazing to see it done out in full.

JosephWongKS posted:

Not even Murata has gotten there yet in his redraw of the manga. I highly doubt the anime will get to that point.

Yeah, that's like 3/4ths of all the progress this series has so far. At the latest, this isn't gonna be finished until like 2019. And that's just for the ONE version.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could've sworn there was a thing about how S-class heroes were stuck in ranks far below their abilities. And I thought Murata had redrawn it too. Was it just a ONE thing and if so, what chapter was it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tsob posted:

The anime episode where Saitama and Genos join the hero association kind of ruined that a bit from my understanding, since they gave him a really low C class rank because he did so badly on the written test while acknowledging that he annihilated all the physical tests to an unprecedented degree with them noting that he'll be one to watch in future. I haven't read the manga in a while but I was sure there was something there about how the association flat out didn't believe the scores Saitama achieved in the physical tests and assumed there had to be some cheating or mistakes going on so they gave him just about the lowest rank possible. If they knew what his strength was there's really no reason he shouldn't be an S class, even with Sweet Mask's concerns.

Saitama's powers are refusal to be acknowledged, obliviousness and one-hit kill in that order. Most people, when confronted by the man who looks like a lovely napkin drawing of a person recoil at the thought he's actually the strongest hero in the series that we've seen. Until he starts playing up serious threat fights and just bouncing back after been punched through mountains and then leaping back into the arena and making it look like he's really trying, no one will be able to comprehend that he's freakishly powerful. Don't forget that Fubuki's reactions are basically the same as everyone's in response to him 'Why is an S-class hero working under a B-rank hero? Why does this B-class know King!?'

So people will do everything they can to rationalize away the fact that he outranks almost every hero shown because he doesn't look impressive.

Guy A. Person posted:

Chapter 67: http://bato.to/reader#910351530c4b8345

hasn't been redrawn yet, but yeah it is a pretty cool parallel to what Saitama is going through. The funny part being that he is so ridiculously above even the S-Classes that basically everyone refuses to believe it.

Also thanks for this, I'm glad I wasn't insane.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

. gently caress doublepost

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Death Bot posted:

considering catching up on the one version, have only read the redraw. is there a chapter i can jump to?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nahxela posted:

No A/C in the summertime when it's hot is a big deal.

He was poor, no one cares.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Xarbala finally convinced me to jump aboard the ONE train so I spent the whole evening catching up on the Garou arc.

Wow.

I know right? Who would've thought the art would progress so well? It starts from 'Am I looking at some napkin doodles?' and then it gets 'Ok I can understand what I'm looking at here' all the way to 'I could unironically recommend this to someone because it finally looks decent'

Bad Seafood posted:

And now I'm all caught up.

That cliffhanger.

And now you can suffer along with us.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kissmanga?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's not that bad of a cliffhanger.

Waiting for Saitama's response to Garou's question was much much worse.

Having to be patient for a new chapter, episode, or movie to come out is suffering. Alternatively:

Having to be patient for a new chapter, episode, or movie to come out is suffering.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Honestly, I just expect him to punch out of it like he did with Ground Dragon.

I'm hoping for more comedy too. They'll have forgotten about him and another meeting will be taking place and then on their way out someone pauses mid-step to see his face in the floor.

Staring.

Weird thing I noticed about the manga recently: We haven't really gotten any names of the heroes so far. We've got Saitama, Genos, Tatsumaki and Fubuki but everyone else is still going by Hero names so far right?

Or Speed of Sonic Sound (lol)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

There's also Metal Knight, whose name is Bofoi.

Yeah, Bang seems to be a unique case cause he prefers to be called by his name instead of his hero name. When Genos referred to Metal Knight as Bofoi, Bofoi stated that heroes should be addressed by their hero names, not their real names.

Tatsumaki and Fubuki are also different because their hero names contain their actual names.

Hardly anyone refers to Saitama by his name I think. Bang, King, Genos, and Fubuki do, but they're close to him (for a loose definition of close). Saitama isn't really that well known and (like Genos) received his name during the Garou arc, which was the previous arc, so his hero name probably requires time to set in.

Thanks, I totally forgot about Bofoy/i. Bang I remembered but I didn't think that was his actual name for some reason. Totally forgot about his brother; Detonation.

I dunno if I'd call them special (Aside from having real-deal acknowledged powers. That's pretty rare) but yeah I guess the esper siblings are kinda different.

No one talks to Saitama besides people who know his strength it seems.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

its cause he hired assistants

I didn't know that. I honestly thought it was still a one () man job still.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could've sworn the title was Hero Hunter and not Hero Killer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if Saitama could look at someone so hard they die.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Avulsion posted:

Maybe if he blinks really hard.

Serious Glare

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kild posted:

he's not king

King just makes them surrender tho

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Speed of Sonic Captain Falcon Sound?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tsob posted:

Is this the first time we've gotten a name for one of the members of the Fubuki group within One's version?

Eyelashes and Mountain Ape didn't come from ONE?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I know that Mountain Ape and Eyelashes were part of the original, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time Lily has appeared in the webcomic. They were all male until now, no?

I remember a woman as an assistant helping as like a secretary/accountant when they were all pooling their strength together to buy a bigger car but I don't know if that was A) Lily and B) not just something new Murata was doing.

Edit:Mountain Ape was Mountain Wolf at first.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Ch-047-Read-Online?id=167315

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 1, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

That chapter was not in the webcomic but yes, that is where Lily was first introduced. That's what I was getting at. Lily is a Murata character who has now showed up in the webcomic. I suspect that the wolf thing is just a bad translation, because look at that guy.

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't remember where Lily even showed up really. But her getting some acknowledgement in the webcomic is pretty cool.

Mountain Ape should obviously have always been his name.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Tatsumaki reads very differently in ONE's version and feels a lot more weird and intimidating. Can't imagine this having the same tone if it ever gets animated. I hope Murata manages to get the weird side of her across properly, since she's been turned into a fanservice character.

You mean Fubuki right?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See, I had to ask because Tatsumaki and fanservice character just don't really mesh together that well to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's actually just still falling. You can't jump off of nothing, after all! He's strong, but he can't double jump.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Popo posted:

If he can kick so fast that the air can't move from beneath his foot fast enough he might be able to... It's the same reason things entering the atmosphere break up, the air can't move aside as quickly, gets compressed and heats up before getting shoved out of the way. If Saitama could move fast enough he could literally jump on air and have the bonus of leaving glowing foot prints behind him. Possibly. It might be like trying to jump on very soft ground.

Sir, I'd like to believe that One Punch Man, the series in which moderation is king and obsession turns you into a monster, is still more grounded than One Piece.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 2, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's like something out of Lisa the Painful.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's gonna chastise Tatsumaki for threatening her sister and opening her wounds up again because she refused to take a chill pill and put a pin in this before she was healed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lily and Tank Top Chick are going to get married.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kild posted:

Lily is 14

Tatsumaki is 28

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's Metal Bat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

"Secure the fatty tuna."

I can't wait till 2028 so I can see Murata make this line buff as all helck.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'll turn out that no one's living in the other room beside Saitama so Forte just moves over two rooms.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

I think they're just going to stand there until Genos or Saitama comes in but on the other hand, I kind of want to see Atomic Samurai just kill him in one hit.

Instead of 'Fatality' block lettering saying 'Bushido Bladed' is gonna drop down afterwards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fellis posted:

Has Atomic Samurai's sword hand-guard always been a swastika?

No, that's Bleach.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm convinced King could make money playing Pocoloco at poker.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Me, realizing this conversation is starting to chase its own tail

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ironically this convo would end if people would stop posting how much they don't care.

Crazy how nature do dat.

Rodyle posted:

King has literally stared supervillains to death, he's a legit hero.

Who? I remember that lizard pervert surrendering but who died?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

owl milk posted:

Do you guys think Saitama will ever find the really good fight he's looking for? I can't imagine "God" being a match for him but maybe Blast is.

Yeah, I think once S-Class gizmo wiz kid is in on his strength and how it's tormenting him, he'll make some kind of virtual reality thing for him to wear.

Because honestly, his other option is something that requires such an incredibly minuscule amount of power that he doesn't have to worry about accidently blowing someone's arm off. Like some kind of trading card game. He crushes controllers on accident as is, so even video games are kinda tenuous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Didn't Darkshine Whats-his-face have a tougher training regimen than Saitama but not even a fraction of his power?

I thought it was just lifting weights.