Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I think it's the joke that she respects King a lot despite being so quick to judge everyone negatively.

I don't even think that's a joke, I think that's just how the manga works. Aside from Puri-Puri Prisoner, I don't think there's any romance in it. You've got respect, like everyone minus Saitama with King and Blast but with Tatsumaki not really caring either. And you've got admiration like with the Blizzard Group to Fubuki and Genos to Saitama. And then there's just respect in general for when heroes encounter an S-Class or Mumen Rider towards Saitama.

Personally, I think the closest thing to love in this series is Metal Bat with his sister. He's so drat supportive and proud of her. What a great big brother. And character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I agree, I don't think the joke is that Tornado is secretly in love with King, just that she chose King (of all people) to be worthy of her respect.

To be fair, he keeps being in the wrong place at the right time, taking credit for Saitama's kills. Finding a guy in the ruins of 3 city blocks with Devastator-sized monster chunks splattered everywhere constantly seems like a reason to respect him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No, she just realises he's utterly useless.

He's had a better track record than Sneck.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

genos is like the only other guy with any kind of long range, the S class really specced hard in phys builds huh

Tank Top Master showed that throwing large things is always an option.

Plus, considering Bang's skills, I wouldn't be surprised if he could do that 'punch a candle flame out' thing but more powerfully.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

No, which is why this conversation is insane.

No, but see, she doesn't hiss like a cobra at him, unlike everyone else. Which means that obviously she wants to bone King just like the Murata thread with Fubuki.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grim posted:

I don't recall the King of Monsters at all, I'm just waiting to see how Murata handles Homeless Emperor and his vision of "God"

I'm 80% sure he's new.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blizzard is Big.

Tornado is tiny.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

HAhahahah holy poo poo I forgot those two existed in the ONE version

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just wanna see Flashy Quick's special technique. Everyone but Tatsumaki and Bofoy seem like they've got one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Thatís a pretty funny joke thatíll almost certainly be cut in the redraw when it arrives in 4 years

You will see Bang and King's reflection in that floor and be able to track each of his toenails panel by panel.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Murata will draw Bang and King's reflections in each of the toenails as they are being cut.

There will be more reflections in the nail clipper itself as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zerilan posted:

I want this to somehow end up with Garou training King.

I forgot that the ONE version was past the Garou saga and this was really funny at first.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thank god ONE is back to save us from the hell that is shonen manga.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's gonna be the best 11 months of manga updates.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Page 5

https://i.imgur.com/f42xu6k.mp4

ChronoReverse posted:

Saitama's trying surprisingly hard again Flashy Flash. I mean, he's not actually trying but he's actually moving too.

Having good technique does wonders compared to whatever the gently caress Speed of Sound Sonic (lol)'s been doing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So what was the point of orochi.
Just another wall for Garou to underdog against?
Because for all that setup he got done in pretty quickly. And not talking about being one punched, its how for all his setup he got less pages than pheonixman.

He's a parallel to the House of Evolution and their gigantic failure of Asura Rhino.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Posting some murata Psykos

young

R.I.P. this nerd

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heavy Kong and Bone are back!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still waiting on Murata to redraw and replace the webcomic so you can't even read the ONE version anymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still can't tell if Sonic can match Flash's speed now or if he's holding back like he did with those two ninjas back in the Monster Association.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

They are definitely going to both fight Saitama moving forward just to get stronger, now that they realize their improvement was from fighting him.

Their smugness evaporates as they realize all those attacks that they 'dodged' caused craters to appear where there used to be mountains.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I reread the manga from Ultimate Garou to beyond and man, I forgot how many things got set up for the future. The ninja village, Neo Heroes, whatever the hell's wrong with Sweet Mask, Garou and King possibly talking if he didn't run away at the sight of him.

But you try and ask ONE what's gonna happen next and all you can get is

So many interesting plotlines

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Donít forget God, Blast and genosís story

gently caress, man. Don't do this to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well poo poo, looking at the Murata version of the redraw it looks like things are gonna be going in a different direction.

poo poo's gonna start popping off

https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1190605468118351873

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 14, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Parrotine posted:

I was actually legit expecting another Sea King or Garou situation but nope!

With all the hype I was just worried about if he was going to end up being stronger than Flashy Flash or not.

The solution we got was still great, and now Saitama is less stressed out about one thing at least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is Mangadex dead or is my roaming internet Garbo?

My laptop just crashed and restarted and I also can't get on there either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah right, I'll be back in three days Mangadex you ain't keepin me away from my boy ONE

Oh, well if you meant to read the thing then just use this place https://manganelo.com/chapter/read_onepunchman_one/chapter_118

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Volume warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cm2iFmASBc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's such a paradox to be beloved and famous and yet no one listens to a word you say. I hope it turns out that he's not a monster, it's just a ton of stress he's under.

Why he was able to just reattach his arm will be another story though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Fine and dandy war criminals.

Man, Fullmetal Alchemist was so good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy gently caress, Saitama flipping the Monster Association over is going to look absolutely nuts if Murata keeps managing to dodge the virus.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, this last chapter must be a doozy if it still isn't translated yet, considering how quickly they tore through the other ones.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Oh I see the problem. It's 126 on the raw site but 125 on mangadex.

Yeah that was it! I was like 'oh poo poo, Blast's son! ... Man, this last chapter is taking a real long time to finish it must be dense'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I always liked to think of it as saitama being kind of weak and cruddy and standard training was all it took to push him to the brink of death and the edge of his ability and break his limiter

Yeah, but even before he started training he was strong enough to defeat the mighty Crablante, so he was basically Cloud Strife From the beginning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

I feel like his defeat of Crablante was more a matter of bravery and cunning than strength.

It was still a Tiger-level threat and he still got the poo poo beat out of him while doing it. So in his base form he was already at Mumen Rider levels of durability.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pyrus Malus posted:

I think the webcomic is really funny and ONE's art style legit conveys some things in its simplicity that Murata's cannot but daaaaamn I find it pretty common for manga readers to get mega offended when you say they should read the webcomic. what's up with that?

Repetition, same reason people get mad about being told to read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lolling at ONE's super speed characters being named Flash and Sonic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nothing but complaints on page 69 cements this as a bad manga.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

I love both the webcomic and the manga and am grateful both exist. At a certain point when these threads become endless complaints it sort of forces the question: if you don't like the manga, why not just stop reading?

It's just a cycle that we go through. About 116 years ago- give or take how long 2020 has lasted- people were excited for the Murata version because in just 9 months we'd be seeing the Garou fight in ultra HD 4K and here we are eight decades later and Homeless Emporer still has no idea who Tatsumaki is. So now people are overcorrecting in the opposite direction of wanting Super One Punch Man-Kai where there is no story or characters and it's just the panels of Saitama's fist and nothing else. Because none of us can do anything to stop Murata from embracing his gamer instincts and going on sidequests like getting a better rank on the Flashy Flash fight or elaborating on Zombieman's arsenal.

So we're all trapped in here together screaming like Timmy in the well about how we'd all fix Murata's attitude if we were in charge of keeping him moving the story forward instead of illustrating the life leaving a monster's eyes as it's crushed to death by an olympian's thighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Where I'm at, it really doesn't matter that Murata's version ain't is great as it could be. The webcomic still exists, ONE's still producing new material for it, and the new story arc is looking solid.

It is kind of wild that the super-professional redraw is sort of the lesser take on the story, but that's not a problem. It's just what it is.

Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that things aren't perfect and could be better in this manga. I don't have any idea or plans of how to make that happen in any way though but I'm aware that it's not perfect at least. I've come to terms with everything I like being like that.