Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

I am having a deja vu. Pretty sure someone said the same thing when the Garou arc started. Let's hope it never goes there, because it is kind of a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Obviously, the need some kind of master of ESP powers, a mentor figure if you will.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

There will probably be a point were Saitaman's inappropriate reaction will stop being funny, but this isn't it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

They probably produce a couple of sample clips, show them to Murata, who then proceeds to tear them apart and starts to reanimate everything by himself.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

God, I am anxious for Saitaman to competently no sell everything. I don't know why, but even after 100+ chapters, it never fails to crack me up.

e X fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 1, 2015

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Second part of the chapter got translated:

http://imgur.com/a/6qlbi

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Elentor posted:

Calling now that this fight is gonna end by the two realizing they had too much fun going all out and becoming friends/training buddies.

That doesn't really sounds Tatsumaki. Or Saitaman for that matter.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Is she actually pushing him or just destroying the ground?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Looks like Sonic is blasting off again!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

People are way overthinking the jokes in this manga.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Man, somebody ask in the anime thread how successful the OPM actualyl is, but I guess when they decided to adept One's even more obscure comic, that doesn't have Murata's art to boost popularity, the anime must be a pretty big hit.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Serious Frolicking posted:

Uh, Mob Psycho is great so I dunno what you are talking about. Now, if they were adapting makai ossan or whatever the name is I would be surprised.

Not quite sure what you are talking about, but I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that Mob Psycho is less well known than One Punch Man.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

There seem to be a lot of tribes with powerful kings around.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Speaking as someone who thinks the whole King joke has been a bit over-played by the fandom, this was still a legitimately great chapter. It's good to be reminded that the joke around King is actually funny when written by the actual writer of the series.

The chapter illustrates pretty well how to actually sell the whole running gag with King (or Saitama for that matter). Namely by making the antagonists the actual main focus of the story. The entire chapter is told from their perspective, we only hear their voices and interpretations of the events taking place, King himself is essentially a side character. That is pretty brilliant, because by making these one-off characters the focus, the series almost turns into an anthology of loosely connected short stories, with characters like Saitama or King only being recurring story elements the bind the different everything together. And as a result, it is not boring or too predictable when Saitama one-shots another monster or when King bluffs his way past another enemy, because that is the recurring element in every entry. It isn't import if Saitama wins, it's important how he wins, or better, how his opponent reacts to it and what consequences result from it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

You don't talk about the whole limiter thing, do you?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

This thread kinda fell off my radar, has there really been no new chapter in the mean time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Honestly, I kinda growing cold on the Murata version. The latest chapters was pretty boring and all this backstory and additional material really kills the pacing.