Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I read through both OPM and MP100 recently, and I think I like OPM quite a bit more. MP100 wobbles between being a satire and just being a superpowered action series. Not necessarily in an indecisive way or anything, more like it just takes way too long to get to the punchline (or emotional climax, or whatever) sometimes. For that reason I enjoyed reading it much less. Reigen's a good character though.

By contrast, even when OPM is doing the absurd action setpiece stuff, everything about it is still fundamentally ridiculous enough that it's always funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She's not a very nice person, but she at least knows what the job of a hero is supposed to be. She's not gonna let bystanders get hurt for no reason.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's not like prison rape jokes aren't a huge part of American pop culture anyway. Actually, he struck me as oddly American in that sense.

Two wrongs don't make a right, of course.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

He's psychically "heavy" for some reason. I don't know exactly how that works and I doubt they'll explain it, but you can chalk it up to him being generically awesome.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

RatHat posted:

I don't think this works for physical merchandise.

Depends on what the mark-up is. Printing discs in bulk isn't exactly expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, I never got the impression that Garou was stronger than Frieza either.