Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yo gently caress metal knight, gently caress him up genos.

I don't really think Metal Knight has much to do with the cyborg genos is hunting, but still gently caress him up genos.

e: you guys ever think about how silly it is that there are S Class heroes with the names "Metal Bat", "Drive Knight" and "Metal Knight"? The Hero Association is bad at many things, but naming things is not their strongest suit

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I need to see Homeless Emperor and his God Murata'd or else why are we even here

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 28, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
genos is my strong good boy and he's very cool, I believe in him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah, a kiss

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't like what happened to that apple

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Christ you wrote an awful post, bud.

I mean something had to cancel out that good chapter but yikes-a-roonie

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think Genos is a legit hero. Yeah he gets his head handed to him all the time and he's repaired just as easily so it's not easy to get that soaring feeling in your heart when he steps up like it does for Mumen Rider and he's only really motivated by revenge so that's not interesting, but man the guy steps the gently caress up and tries all the time. which is way more than can be said for other S Class heroes. I honestly think Genos coulda beaten the Sea King, cause yo he was loving working that dude out, but he just had to be my perfect boy and he took that acid spit for the girl, and helped win the day along side Mumen Rider. He even helped out King and took out that G4 robot that wanted to kill him. I even kinda remember him being able to keep up with Garou but he was part of an ambush with Bang and his brother so whatever.

also the anime made Genos constantly look like the coolest motherfucker ever, genos rules

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 19, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Xarbala posted:

Genos was always a generally decent-enough sort and while his tutelage under Saitama seems futile wrt his original intent of becoming stronger, the lessons he's learned from Saitama have made him a better person and that's what's really important. He went from a guy who carelessly almost blew up a bystander (who thankfully was Saitama himself) to someone who was willing to take a potentially-mortal blow to save a life.
hey that's not true, he scanned the area for life before fire nuking the city, Saitama just happened to run into the blast zone chasing the mosquito. being with Saitama has really just taught Genos how to be more chill, and he's still not very good at that.

There were a lot of cool Genos threads after the Boros arc with like, Sweet Mask, Metal Knight and even Drive Knight, but that's been swept real far under the rug after like a million things happened

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 20, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah the whole point of One Punch Man is that the emptiness in Saitama's heart is filled with cool friends and not fights that are utterly meaningless to him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Homeless Emperor's "God" that gave him his powers to eradicate humanity and then killed him after he lost is one of my favorite things in OPM and part of me hopes it's ever fully explained.

Like look at this thing what the gently caress

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my favorite part of that page is the insane looking God in a field of horribly crude flowers that devolve into just lines

ONE's art is fun and he knows his style very well

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Mob Psycho 100 anime was so loving good that it made me less excited for Season 2 of One Punch Man

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I have no idea what's being teased in the Murata thread at all. Like my memory of the events of OPM completely vanishes after the Boros arc outside of big stuff like King and the Monster Association fight

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kild posted:

you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kild posted:

If you want consistent updates from ONE you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sorry if you in fact do read mob psycho, but ONE is like so close to finishing it so might not be any original OPM for a while

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
still, a lot of story arcs are wrapping up and it's coming full circle so it

the highest decimal he's done has been like .13? If he actually does Chapter 100.99 tho that'd be just fine tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RC Cola posted:

Ok but for real. Or where is a good place to read it?
Mob Psycho is a story about a boy born with extraordinary psychic abilities that operate on his emotions. As such, he has had repress them and keep them in check lest he hurt those around him. Now resents his power that prevents him from living a normal life. Mob wants to be buff and popular and date his crush, not be a godlike entity that he has to constantly keep contained

Mob's world is also filled with paranormal spirits and demons as well as other people with different psychic power. Outside of being an eighth grade student, Mob works a side job at the Spirit And Such Agency exorcizing and dealing with those spirits under his mentor Reigen, who claims to possess far greater power than Mob himself.

The story follows Mob growing up and trying to become a more fully realized and mature person and the people in his life that he meets and helps and who help him. It's a great story about self improvement that blends high action with humor and slice of life. The anime that aired last year is fantastic and covers about half the story

I like it, it's good

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 13, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

sharktamer posted:

But yeah, mob psycho is definitely worth reading. I'm seemingly among the few that prefers OPM, even the original ONE version, but some of the moments in mob psycho are just jaw dropping. You won't have to wait long for them either.
i mean it's true, reigen does claim that

and i believe it

To me, Mob just has 100% of it's heart in it. While OPM is certainly no stranger to being sincere, Mob is constantly sincere, even when it doesn't exactly seem like it. Like all of the slice of life moments set up the action scene either through establishing the reason for the conflict or Mob's emotional state or way of thinking now.

it rules

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I extremely need to re-read both versions because I had to go look up this King thing and also I just don't remember poo poo in the new version after Boros dies at all

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if anything, tatsumaki is tsundere to genos, turning him down when he was the only who offered to attack boros' ship with her

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
genos is like the only other guy with any kind of long range, the S class really specced hard in phys builds huh

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've been kinda lovely and dismissive about OPM in the other thread but im laughing at everything in this and am excited to see what happens every update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
reading mob psycho will teach you that one has always been a great artist. his style can convey brutal action and charming sincerity and gives every a joke a x5 multiplier