Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

She was pretty traumatized herself since she was used as a science experiment for being a natural esper. And Fubuki tried to bully Saitama as well. Sometimes it takes a random hobbyist to show you that you take your profession too seriously and there's more to life. Tatsumaki is just protecting her sister from people so she doesn't have to be vulnerable or w/e. There's no real villains in this manga, just a bunch of people taking this poo poo too seriously.

Hey Saitama showed Fubuki she wasn't taking her profession seriously enough. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A bunch of them seem to enjoy murdering monsters at least, but those monsters were usually already murdering other people. So it's fairly understandable.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A bunch of those monsters are menaces though who are talking about destroying humanity and poo poo though. And I don't think we've really seen enough of the lower classes other than like Mumen Rider to say oh they just love to kill monsters. If anything most just seem concerned with ladder climbing but other than like a few tank toppers even those who just want to improve their rank seem like fairly decent dudes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Like I dunno, pretty much all the heroes no matter how weak they are have egos the size of planets but I don't think that makes them unheroic. Like say all those heroes who try to fight the sea king and his goons, they all brag about how they'll improve their rank and that this is a piece of cake but they're still protecting people. And I vaguely remember Stinger at least only going all out once all the civillians cleared out so he wouldn't hurt them. So I think most heroes do want to help people even if they're all kinda selfish.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

He just needs to use his long tongue for good. For example, he could become a world-class painter and inspire millions with his striking tongue strokes.

But doesn't the fact that he is not using it for good and instead using it for evil make him a bad guy?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mabels big day posted:

He's gonna kiss Fubuki

I don't think Saitama is the type who goes around kissing his acquaintances.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Thunderbro posted:

saitama's going to give tatsumaki some warm milk and tuck her into bed because that's how you deal with lovely brats

He's going to lecture her about what it means to be a hero.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe Saitama just kicked Genos out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Genos no, that is rude.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

Translation has been updated.

I think they're just going to stand there until Genos or Saitama comes in but on the other hand, I kind of want to see Atomic Samurai just kill him in one hit.

I don't.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Not only powerful, but so intelligent! And thoughtful!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Licenseless and KING are true heroes in spirit.
And also ability.
And appearance.

It's a nice contrast to the likes of Tatsumaki who is crazy powerful but has a lovely attitude but is also a good person, or Sweet Mask who is also really powerful and has a lovely attitude but is not an especially good person.

I don't think Tatsu is really that good a person. She's certainly an asset to the world because she's always on the job and very effective at saving people and everything, but she also has a hell of a lot of issues and can be kinda horrible honestly. Not quite a bad person though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Did you guys miss when Tatsumaki was about to kill all of Fubuki's group because they were weak/a bad influence?

Yeah, it's pretty interesting because the reason she acts like that is seemingly due to an overly literal interpretation of what Blast told her the day he saved her life. And that same outlook kinda explains just the way she acts entirely, both the good and the bad. Tatsumaki's a surprisingly intriguing character, I want her to show up more often.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Blast saved her life? Did they reveal Blast?

Gotta get in on that chapter stat

http://bato.to/reader#6242907fb00fc847

He's only in like one page, but yeah he showed up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I keep seeing people say that Mob Psycho is reaching its conclusion but is there actually anything to that beyond people theorising that the recent Dimple/Broccoli arc was just tying off a loose end?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wasn't buying into the finale talk until last chapter with the graduation talk, that seems like a decent point and Mob's grown a lot.

The graduation isn't for Mob though right? Tome's a year older than him isn't she?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just because Saitama got that strong through his training regiment there's nothing to suggest it'd work the same for everyone else, so it's kinda pointless to discuss whether other people have trained an equivalent amount. They very well might have, they just didn't become Saitama strong.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kild posted:

But we just saw that a similar thing made Alloy go from a scrawny kid to his current state.

Yeah training definitely makes someone stronger. I just don't think that necessarily means following Saitama's training regiment will make you reach Saitama strength.

If there's one thing that sets Saitama apart from the rest, I don't think it's the training but the understanding of just what being a hero really means. Because he really gets that a lot more than most other characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There are several individuals Tatsumaki treats with a vague sort of respect. Usually among the top of S class, King's not exactly the only person. I kind of remember her having some respect for Bang and listening to him and such.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You sure you're not thinking of Tornado there? Though, I don't know if i'd call her all that heroic. Reliable certainly, but she's not really that good a person.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spare me the 20 pages of Phoenix man and give me 40 pages of Homeless Emperor's God.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's so strange that saving this kid is like the whole point of why the heroes are infiltrating monster headquarters but all these recent chapters still just feel like treading water to me. A lot of it is definitely hindsight since I know where the story is going but manga OPM has gotten kinda boring lately and it doesn't feel like everything that's happening really matters. I'm usually super down for getting some time with characters outside the main cast but I haven't been interested lately, the pacing's just been really off.

It's still looks really drat good though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The last few chapters of the Murata redraw have kinda brought me back but for a while there it was really losing me.

I'm so glad the real deal is back to remind me why I enjoy One Punch Man

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think it's been much of a deconstruction since like Boros, or Sea King maybe. It's just been a lot slower to get to anything interesting.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So what was the point of orochi.
Just another wall for Garou to underdog against?
Because for all that setup he got done in pretty quickly. And not talking about being one punched, its how for all his setup he got less pages than pheonixman.

How long are the cadre fights going to be im saying. Black Sperm is going to be a year long fight lol

He gives Saitama something to punch which is a lot more important to the Murata comic because it sells itself more heavily on Saitama looking cool as he punches things.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mangadex has all the new chapters translated i'm pretty sure. Where are you reading them?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think it’s pretty clear the new antagonist (of a sort) is the Neo Heroes organisation.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad Saitama is making friends.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The latest chapter which is largely just heroes interacting is pretty alright. But things like Child Emperor fighting Phoenix Man for 4 chapters and then 4 chapters more in redraw are very lame because who could possibly care.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tatsumaki's whole philosophy doesn't even extend past Fubuki anyway. It's not like she cares enough about anybody else to worry about whether they can handle themselves. This probably just reinforces her belief that she could've done all this by herself and everyone else sucks and was only in the way.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm hype for Blast showing up soon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The next arc is really good tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man the Tatsu and Saitama fight owned. A multi-chapter fight that was just a vehicle for constant gags. So rad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Murata and ONE just liked the Metal Bat and Garou fight and wanted to do a chapter of call backs

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm just glad Garou got a big fight with Bang.

I'm more bummed Fubuki didn't really get to do anything. That feels weird.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah she got a cool moment that cemented that she was truly S-class only to have it subsumed here by everyone vs. Murata’s giantess fetish

I feel if Murata was truly writing for his fetishes he would've had something for Fubuki to do.

Perhaps much like the rest of us he is tired of having Psykos bounce back for one more round only to get crushed again in a chapter or 2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's still worse though because it doesn't have a panel of King actually shooting a giant laser before showing what actually happened.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah weirdest thing about this is despite a good amount of differences and changes on the lead up we're basically ending on something that's seeming real close to the original conclusion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everyone's nicer in the manga.

I miss how cutting and mean Saitama was in the Garou fight. He's almost playful now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

Really? how? I don't remember him to be particularly mean in the fight.

I remember his vibes with Garou from the webcomic being less "You're not a monster, you're secretly a good guy" and being more "You're not a monster, you're just a loser faking it" and his remarks seemed to hit deeper instead of just being little jabs.

Like, he's not exactly mean or anything but I remember him being way less friendly.