Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I spent the last five hours reading everything that's after the redraw's current point. Holy loving hell this is an amazing manga. The fight with Garou when Saitama kept almost getting it was frustrating and awesome as hell, I can't possibly imagine following that with some pages every few months tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Chain'n'Frog is the best hero

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

What if Watchdog-Man isn't wearing a suit, then?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Rodyle posted:

Can we please just get to the part where Saitama punches her

After the whole Garou thing I'm expecting the next Saitama punch to arrive in 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Oh god, I just realized why she's so powerful she's drawn like Saitama but with a wig

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Wait a minute, if she's adopted, does that mean Fubuki isn't her actual sister? .....could she be related by blood with Saitama??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

The most specific thing I love in fiction is when someone wonders if a strong character is actually a wizard. There's something I just can't put my finger on that makes me adore sentences that are like "Maybe he's a Wizard??"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

This is the power... of Fubuki's acquaintance!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Possibly the best single chapter on this whole series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Not that it likely won't happen anyways, but Sweet Mask could really easily just let Saitama sidestep him in the rankings. Fubuki showed up to intimidate Saitama, but nothing really came of that and now he's A rank anyways.

Well he sorta gained her respect before ascending to A-Rank IIRC. Sweet Mask, however, has some beef with Saitama with the whole letting Garou escape thing, along with being consulted about this sorta stuff with the ranks, so that could easily lead to a big conflict. Though it's hard to imagine that since we're literally in the middle of a Hero vs Hero fight that's leagues above what Sweet Mask should be able to dish.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Garou's power was how long it took Saitama to show up against him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Pig God will get his true moments deeper into the Garou arc (and a lot at the end of it) and everyone will give him the love he deserves.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I bet Watchdogman has some heavy poo poo going on that'll carry the story for a bit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

gnome7 posted:

Regarding the Metal Bat chat in the other thread right now: I have a strong feeling that the current Murata-version arc is going to end with Metal Bat in the hospital. Because going off of everything we've seen of the guy, Metal Bat is one of the most reliable people the Hero Association has, so it's really weird that he didn't show up for the Monster Association battle. If Garou took him out here, that'd explain that - he can't show up if he's still in the hospital, after all. I can't imagine any other reason he wouldn't show up, so I'm glad Murata is adding more to the Hero Hunt.

Agreed, specially after

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Well, to be fair the initial invasion was just the minions. Given that that Stinger was able to take out 10 of 'em, I wouldn't consider an individual Seafolk to be particularly powerful.

Apparently, One noted in an interview that Sonic with his weapons could beat the dry Sea King (clown form) but not the true Sea King (fish form). I don't know how accurate that is cause I can't read Japanese myself and am relying on what other people have deduced from the interviews.

http://onepunchfun.com/archives/2485554.html (Spoilers regarding ONE's version.)
(Apparently this says that Zombieman couldn't beat the Sea King)

Daxing Dan posted:

Here's what it says.

-The current Sonic [1/21/2015?] could defeat the Sea King in non-rainy weather, if he were armed.
-Sonic will have further appearances
-A fight between Sonic and Genos would have no clear winner.
-Sweet Mask is 1st place in citizen popularity polls. King also places high.
-Even Prisoner can defeat the bird that rammed into King's house.
-Boros's name comes from a game One used to play.
-Genos is rather strong for an S-Rank.
-If Metal Bat had been present during the Monster Association, things would have gone down significantly differently.
-In some cases, Metal Bat can fight dragon-level monsters.
-King is about 187 cm tall.
-Tatsumaki at full health could have defeated golden sperm.
-Golden Sperm is about as strong as Tadashi from Makai no Ossan.
-Normally, Tatsumaki is stronger than Mob. If they got serious, then it's unclear.

On Zombieman:
-He can fully regenerate a lost arm in 15 minutes
-He would die if he were rendered into ground meat.
-His physical abilities are the lowest among all S-Rankers
-He would have a hard time killing the Sea King.

So Metal Bat must be taken off the table for a bit with the whole worm thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

So, some fanart just made me realized we haven't seen Genos in a long while. When was the last time we saw him? a quick glance over the ending of the Garou arc shows me he wasn't even there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

He was yellin' at the people who were yellin' at Saitama to kill Garou, tellin' them that they should respect Saitama's choice to spare Garou.

Okay found that, thank you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not strictly related to this thread, but Mob Psycho 100 is getting an anime next year too.
https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/671706906067472385
http://mobpsycho100.com/

Well, Guess I'll see the anime first and then read the manga. Get in the opposite way I got into OPM.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Blast is actually the fusion of five of the hero association guys, including Beard guy, Agoni (the butt-chin guy), Stich and other two yet to be revealed (probably glasses guy when they show his name)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

The only thing more powerful than the might of Fubuki's acquaintance, the power of her friends. until Saitama gets out of the hole and punches Tatsumaki

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

This is the thread title made into art.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I think Blast is all the friends we made along the way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

That interaction was amazing. I am hoping so bad that she isn't even talking about Blast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I think if Genos does join the new association it'd probably go like this

Genos: Sensei, I have been invited by another hero, a man known as Drive Knight, to join a new Hero Association that is focused on becoming more efficient in eliminating evil. Now, I know you are confused, even though i've sworn to become heroic you are full aware that my duties as a Hero were never so strong as to switch sides, however I was made further aware of circumstances that paint Bofoy, aka Metal Knight as the prime suspect for the murder of my village, which included my family, and that has been my mission all these years: to avenge my family by bringing the robot who killed them to justice and finally bring peace to their memory, but it appears I cannot do that while I am still in the Hero Association, so I must join the new association. The old association is now realizing your power, has given you a place to live and surely you are close to becoming an S-Rank hero, so I do not wish to force you into joining the new association, as I am still somewhat suspicious of their true intentions, it would be best if you remained here, finally enjoyed some respect as well as a comfortable place to live, yet that means we will have to go our different ways for the time being. Please do not see this as a betrayal, I still have the most profound respect for you, Saitama Sensei, and I know your wisdom is vast, but I must do this for myself and if this association is as honest as they claim perhaps you can join us so we can more efficiently save people and be heroes, but for now my mission, what I truly must do, is to avenge my family and this new association is the key to that, even if it means fighting the S-Rank Hero Metal Knight. I am ready for such a fight, I have been given new weapons and a new body by doc-

Saitama: Can you still come over and walk my dog once or twice a week?

Genos: Yes, Sensei.

Saitama: 'Kay, i'll get you a spare key.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

For some reason that made something click on me. I think Blast is almost Saitama level, but when he saw that he was starting to lose hair he immediately stopped the training and was content with the power he had, he wasn't serious enough about his hobby to let it really affect his life (which is why he probably has a job as well)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

That was amazing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I read it pretty much right after waking up and for a minute I thought Reclusamurai had been stuck in an elevator or something for ten years before I realized what kinda person he was.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

It's like, the current redraw stuff might be bad, might not be, but my views are utterly blinded by the fact that we are right next to the stuff that's comparable to the Boros fight, i'm literally Milhouse crying because Itchy and Scratchy aren't at the Fireworks Factory yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Genos

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Oh, well, okay.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I need the biggest for this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Man, the KING'S ENGINE is roaring so loudly, he must be excited to show how he stops Atomic Samurai's sword with mere chopsticks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I don't like what happened to that apple!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

this is wonderful, i can't stop smiling

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

This is so loving tense

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

That got had me rolling. I entirely believe that ONE just came up with that technique joke a few weeks ago and had to write it asap, and that's why we got so many updates so fast.

Okamaitachi is super bad tho and jeez. At least i'm glad her name only comes up at the end there, but I wish ONE wasn't so... like that with LGBT stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I wasn't buying into the finale talk until last chapter with the graduation talk, that seems like a decent point and Mob's grown a lot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I feel like the pacing is fine. It's a far larger product in general, but it allows for a more shonen-esque attachment to Your Favorites, which isn't bad. The only issue the loss of tightness will bring is that baiting us with Saitama-Is-Almost-Here won't be as effective.

...unless the redraw dedicates 12 updates or more on that segment.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

So, the strike for the monster base has pretty much begun in the Murata redraw. I forget, but Genos is completely out of the picture after the centipede in the original, right? If so, I think the Murata version is gonna have him literally sit out the entire final battle by just sitting in the apartment, waiting for Saitama with his new shiny limit-break super armor.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

TheLoneStar posted:

I don't think ONE is going to continue his own version, honestly. Now that he's working on a manga version with someone like Murata, there's not much reason to continue the webcomic.

I get that exact same impression. He could write ahead alone, or just keep cooperating with Murata the same way he's doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Kild posted:

maybe madhouse will get s3

Bold of you to assume OPM will get more anime.

Even more bold of you to assume an s3 would get to the good Garou bits, that poo poo would be like 3 cours from where this anime will end at the earliest.

But boldest of all of ONE to put out such a terrific chapter. I missed this stuff.