Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Schwarzwald posted:

"Secure the fatty tuna."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Law Cheetah posted:

in the murata version it appears that its some kinda flower/orbit thing

Looks like an atom symbol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

whatever you think is lost in extending certain sequences ive gotta say Murata's art just makes everything sweeter. One's writing x 100 extra pages of lovingly rendered art? Sure.

I read all of One's version and the art holds it back so much. I can still enjoy the composition and obviously its "tighter", which is generally but not always positive in media, but poo poo man give me 20 extra pages of phoenix man.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

hell yes King

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

it's extremely bad op, it sucks extremely at being an animated tv show. the story and characters are of course still good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

no idea whats going on but flashy flash getting the business is good

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

the mangas are converging!! I like this development

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

skaianDestiny posted:

It's actually Suiryu's little sister!

bottom right great panel

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Gotta say, one of the strongest appeals of One's mangas are just the constant parade of new ridiculous characters.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Bucswabe posted:

The one thing that makes the change hard to assess is the fact that we've all now seen both alternatives (Sweet Mask killing the Mercs and Sweet Mask not killing them) so we have the advantage of knowing the bigger picture here. In the future only one version will exist, and I don't know if the new one is better than what we had.

The new one is better because the atomic disciples save human people who are being mind controlled, which is more heroic. And they are saving them from Sweet Mask, which keeps his ridiculous murderous rage in the manga without him actually doing it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I really disagree with your take in the other thread. OPM web is a funny gag manga, but the Murata re-draw is the ultimate OPM. Fleshing out the characters more makes their interactions so much more meaningful. The background cast goes from being one notes to legit actors in the manga. I think One himself realized that advantage too because he is spending a lot more time in the post Garou chapters on other characters.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mulva posted:

Nah, the art is better but the pacing is dog poo poo. Most of the added material hasn't meaningfully enriched the experience, it's just there. Like the entirety of that martial arts arc, it wasn't funny or interesting. All it did was pad out the time to the cool bits. And this arc, it has too much going on, it robs the emotional intensity. In the web comic it's basically The S-Rank show up, think they have it handled, get dumpstered. Short and to the point. Also the overall focus is tighter because there's less time between appearances of Garou, who hey? Remember him? The guy who is the actual emotional climax of this entire thing?

If you just want to look at pretty pictures, the manga is fine, but I haven't been excited about it in years. Whereas I always go "oooh cool the web comic updated".

Again, I disagree. The things I like about OPM are obviously the funny stuff like the ridiculous names and hero gags and Saitama one shotting every threat no matter how wild, but there is also the pathos in the story of what it means to be a hero. The fighting tournament looked like it was going to be dumb filler but the entire end bit with Suiryu was amaaaazing and One obviously thinks its important since they're central characters to the current arc now.

And like yea OFC you're excited by new web manga chapters, you're getting more story of stuff you've never seen before.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Guy A. Person posted:

Ahhhhh yes these 100 extra angles of Tatsumaki and Psykos' breasts are really providing character depth most manga can only dream of

I'm not even near the top half of people who complain about Murata's over indulgence, but at some point it does get hard to defend

You'll never understand the depths of Tatsumaki's character in the post-Garou arc if you don't see her dress ripped apart by psychic power!!! Basically I love the redraw because of scenes like Common Rider and Tank Top Master having mutual respect and being cool heroes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

We are only like 60 chapters ahead of the web manga and that's with an entire extra arc in there!

I think most of the slowness comes from the multiple redraws.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

that last panel... Always Sunny title card: Metal Bat Goes On a Rampage

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

The junk collector posted:

Yeah, King vs all Cadre's is kind of borked because he was forced into that situation on account of being the only person on the surface between them and the kid. I don't see how we get back there since every Hero is in the same spot, except Flash and Saitama who are currently being teleported there.

If I were them I'd just change the order a bit. Have all the S-Class get incapacitated and then have King do his last stand and then have Saitama show up. Or just engineer a different scenario where you need King to bravely delay the bad guys for a bit. It should not be hard

I expect we'll get it in some fashion.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Bucswabe posted:

Excuse me, he is a dog-MAN.

Actually given his human face and dog body he is technically a MAN-dog.