Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Zerilan posted:

Are they inside the monster group's hideout yet?

No, Garou just got kidnapped by the Monster Association after being beat up by Bang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

I think there haven't been any updates to the webcomic because it's just ONE's hobby and he's got other things to worry about like updates for the manga, season 2 of the anime, and whatever thing he'll be working on after Mob Psycho.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Terror Sweat posted:

Cant wait for Phoenix man, the man who got his powers from wearing a furry costume, gets 3 issues of him trying to murder a child

I mean he's gotten significantly more backstory and characterization in the manga than most of the webcomic characters so. :v

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

I honestly think the manga is worse off because the webcomic exists. Everyone knows how the story goes, thus every new thing added feels like filler.

I wonder what manga-only readers think of the pacing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

I mean if ONE wanted Murata to shorten the fights, he definitely would tell Murata to do so.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

TheLoneStar posted:

I'm just surprised ONE is updating the webcomic again. Don't get me wrong, it's a welcome surprise, but I just assumed he decided to drop it since there's the manga for him to work on with Murata.

It's a hobby. Sometimes you have to drop it every now and then because of other obligations, but it's still something you'd like to do.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Exploitable

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Literally look at Reigen from chapter 1 of MP100 and Reigen from the Reigen manga to see how he improved.

Like, it's such a marked improvement saying that he remained the same level of skill is utterly insulting.

In terms of composition and such he's always been great, but he's also taken the time and effort to improve his anatomy, proportions, and so forth. While it's not going to be conventionally pretty, it's still unique and much more refined.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 29, 2019

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Terror Sweat posted:

It's pretty crazy how the past like 10 chapters or so are all just 2 chapters of the webcomic

Yeah and I think it's dope.

If you want brevity then the webcomic's perfect.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RareAcumen posted:

Heavy Kong and Bone are back!

And then they're gone!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Soon:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah he ordered his drink for him
how rude can a guy get

If some random stranger ordered your drink for you without asking what you'd like would you really think highly of them?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Also Saitama did listen to Sweet Mask's whole spiel.

He just reacted no differently than he did with Garou. Sweet Mask is still human, in Saitama's eyes, regardless of outward appearances. Ironically, Sweet Mask was the one who didn't listen.

EDIT: From someone else:

quote:

Mask is just feeling increasingly withdrawn from people, a byproduct of upholding a fake image of himself to remain relevant to the public. Showbiz and public relations have these effects on people, losing respect, depleting empathy and stoking anger issues. He mistakes it for inevitable monsterification. But Saitama sees through it.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 26, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RatHat posted:

Well anyway, about the new chapters.

Is that Shiryu?! I guess this new character is his little brother or something. Looks like the next arc will be about the new heroes association.

It's actually Suiryu's little sister!

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 3, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Whooping Crabs posted:

I like how a new chapter is coming out every 4 hours

They were released as a batch of 3, the translation was just catching up.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

The junk collector posted:

Pretty sure those are the new versions of the suits that Sonic and Saitama busted up waaaay back when. The question is did Drive Knight steal it from Metal Knight or the other way around.

Those suits are definitely the Organization's work. However, Metal Knight is also highly likely to be opposing the Organization, given the poo poo talking Drive Knight does. Child Emperor thinking the suits are Metal Knight's work I feel is a red herring.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mr. Lobe posted:

The bottom line is that Crablante had a weakness a fairly athletic normal person could exploit, though. Saitama didn't need to be superhuman then, and he probably wasn't.

Saitama got sent flying through the air by claws that could shatter concrete and didn't immediately get his face pulped into a bloody mess. That's pretty loving superhuman.

Caidin posted:

Isn't Mumen Rider's level of durability about at "regular dude who cares a whole lot"?

Mumen survived getting his face repeatedly smashed into concrete hard enough to shatter the concrete. Do that with a regular human and you'll just have a gorey mess of shattered bone and brain matter.

Mumen's also strong enough to beat a monster who was explicitly bullet proof in an audio drama.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Getting into a pissing contest about whether manga or webcomic is "better" just makes you look like a loving idiot. They both have their merits and they both are good.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Sounds lame tbh

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

He's not actually in jail for destroying a building, he got caught jaywalking.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Translation: https://guya.moe/proxy/imgur/QsybNuK/1/1/

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

New chapter

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=142

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Drive Knight is absolutely suspicious especially if you take into account his actions in the manga.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

I think Golden Sperm is taking the place of Multi-Cell Sperm, and we'll be seeing him either powering up more through fusion or a stage beyond that for the "9 trillion etc." fusion (Platinum Sperm???).

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Terror Sweat posted:

. Although this point is probably lost in the murata version, where multiple a classes and b classes have died lol

When the gently caress did that happen? No hero has died yet.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Oh gently caress

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kuseno's dead, they buried him.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Brought To You By posted:

So I'm guess we'll get a multi-cell sperm to try and fight against King and an injured Tatsumaki breaks their neck. Because jumping straight to Golden Sperm was made to make sense but just feels wrong to start off showing off the super form right away.

I'm betting the manga will have a form above Golden Sperm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

It's clear at this point ONE and Murata are using the online published chapters as drafts for the printed volumes. So if you're confused on the plot then just wait for those to release.

I also guarantee the pacing is much better.