Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Funny how his lovely hero name has become what feels like Saitama's first concrete motivation in the entire series to date outside of things like sales/food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
NGL that's a redraw that I'd like to see, at the very least.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
ONE's technique has gotten so good over time. Seeing some parallels between the Saitama becomes so strong he time travels to become Blast theory and ONE gets so good at being a mangaka that he time travels to become Murata. Maybe the current iteration is ONE's way of rewriting history to stop an infinite timeloop.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
"Dead-serious punch"

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

bees x1000 posted:

1. wasting a bunch of heroes and threatening to kill a kid, or

Garou could have killed that kid at any time, his threats were clearly empty and Saitama remarked as such. Protecting the kid is what the redraw and original have most in common. I thought this was fairly obviously stated but the fact that it went over some people's heads might be exactly why they are opting to be more obvious about it in the redraw. Garou has always had his soft spots in both versions and when he tried to make himself "darker" it only made him weaker.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

bees x1000 posted:

that's kinda my point. Webcomic Garou's actions, while hollow, convinced a bunch of heroes that he needs to die. There's nothing for any of the manga characters to see through because manga Garou is very obviously a good guy. The whole scenario lands differently, and IMO, is less interesting.

At this point in the webcomic there weren't any S class heroes able to challenge Garou and after his clash with Saitama Garou disappears and is next seen by Suiryu when working for the Neo Heroes. While the events of this fight have changed somewhat I'm not sure what effect it would have even for the webcomic. Pretty much the only S rank hero that has seen Garou's soft side is Metal Bat and while he seemed confused he didn't forgive him or anything. I'd imagine any future clash between Garou and the HA in the webcomic would still be 100% live in the redraw.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Saitama is wearing Crocs in the redraw, settling once and for all that it is the superior version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Never seen Kuseno and Drive Knight in the same room....