Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Surprised nobody's brought up her catching that rock that was going to level the car. I don't think we've seen her express anything like caring about regular people before.

I believe she was mocking him, as a few panels before he was telling her to be careful of endangering others. Then Saitama accidentally endangers the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
So is this version officially dead? It's been a while since the last update

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
was not expecting an actual update :krad:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

yum posted:

Speed of sound sonic is the diciple learning actual fighting techniques from Saitama while Genos is left with the philosophy

tbf Genos' upgrades as essentially freebies, so he has a lot of free time. While our boy Sonic is out there workin for it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
puri puri still believes in darkshine it'll be fine

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Terror Sweat posted:

ONE doesn't forget any plot hooks, he ties em all together pretty neatly

yeah that's part of what makes this manga so good. that plus solid pacing and bomb rear end fights

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
our boy Metal Bat just straight flexin' :swoon:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this comic is so good; so many shady characters. Plus we have multiple plot lines running in parallel and they're clearly going to intertwine but like how!?!

I'm betting on Bofoi helping the Neo Heroes and their cyborg suits

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
there's no guarantee that drive knight hasn't already been manipulated by bofoi due to that same tech that drive knight has been stealing

letting your enemy steal your poo poo to trick them is still in play. I think we are pulling genos away because he is dangerous to neo heroes overall game plan since hes a cyborg

Suiryu mentioned that the battle suits would overpower a weaker hero. I imagine cyborgs have better control over their bodies and wouldn't be controlled that easily

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
there are several moving pieces here. I'm not sure if we have dual plots of neo heroes & bofoi or if this is all the same one

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
holky fuk do I love this series. the simplicity of ONE's version really does it for me

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah Genos completing his goal and finding a new purpose in life would be a good end to his plotline. could start a school for the orphans that are going to come from multiple cities being by destroyed

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Hidden Series: Soul Punch

uses his aura to punch your soul directly

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I want to know what's been going on with Metal Bat and his adventures in the Neo-Hero building

Genos' plot feels like we're going to have a dark twist soon but Saitama won't let his mentee stray too far from the path

I stopped reading the Murata version back when the Psykos fight started getting drawn out. too much punching and not enough plot for my likes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
didn't help that at this point in the web comic updates were very few and far between. we're getting pretty close to the Neo-Hero's arc and that's going to be glorious

I just want to know what happens with Metal Bat

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I am so excited for the short Speedster arc, ESPECIALLY if they keep the same resolution where Flash and Sonic show up ready for a fight after having hyped up how deadly and fast their master is... only to find a bored Saitama sitting there saying some old slow guy was a jerk to him and tried to pick a fight so he one punched him, here's a bunch of cool stuff he left behind they can have!

I genuinely forgot that part. I do hope they really ham up how insane the ninja groups are supposed to be

they kinda have that now with Flashy Flash knowing about Saitama's strength earlier than the web comic but we'll see how far they take it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
you've got this Genos

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I feel that Saitama will come back during this fight but we'll be following Genos for a while. I read back a few chapters and this is clearly a pivotal moment for Genos' plot arc

what really matters tho is wtf is going on with Metal Bat

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I thought that had been heavily hinted at. Neo Heroes needed a showcase event to prove they were capable nay even better than regular heroes

we clearly have a secret bad guy, in charge, who wants to body jack everyone but we gotta get through the mooks first

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
those last two panels :black101:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
considering the SJ version is pretty close to where we are I kinda wonder if ONE is going to end theirs or just do full split continuities. we're pretty much there as is but it's not really been explicit

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bucswabe posted:

The last webcomic hiatus was pretty long. With so much changed in the Monster Association/Garou climax, and the Psychic Sister arc, I really thought ONE would never return to the webcomic, thinking that the two stories had veered too far off.

But then it came back and there has been a pretty decent amount of content coming out. Plus the manga has gone back to following most webcomic chapters pretty closely. I'm sure ONE is in it for the long haul at this point.

to be clear I hope ONE continues. their artwork has improved a ton since the beginning. I'm sure it helps to work with other artists and see their process and improve your own. plus I really enjoy this story and the growth of a lot of these character have experienced

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

guess my question of ONE's commitment to his run is moot. the man is a machine

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
it's finally loving happening order 66 initiated

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003