Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

I could've sworn there was a thing about how S-class heroes were stuck in ranks far below their abilities. And I thought Murata had redrawn it too. Was it just a ONE thing and if so, what chapter was it?

Chapter 67: http://bato.to/reader#910351530c4b8345

hasn't been redrawn yet, but yeah it is a pretty cool parallel to what Saitama is going through. The funny part being that he is so ridiculously above even the S-Classes that basically everyone refuses to believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gotcha. I haven't watched the anime yet, I was pretty confident that both manga versions took the "cheating/error with the test" route and just didn't believe that he could be as strong as he actually is.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

EDIT: Then again, Senior got killed, so Murata's version is diverging from the original a bit, I guess.

Just speculating, maybe "senior centipede" is a title or a ranking, and not a name?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

After rereading the Garou arc a few weeks ago, it also feels like his power level shoots up out of nowhere. His biggest boost comes when he is fighting Darkshine, where he goes from losing badly to winning easily. Then in the next scene he is handling multiple S classes with ease. I think showing him fighting/adapting to more S classes would help explain how he gets so incredibly powerful by the end.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I hope to hell you guys aren't forgetting the Ultimate Hellfire Wavemotion Cannon

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I kind of got the impression that the King of Monsters was just a puppet that Psykos was controlling and using to cement her rule. Similarly to how she is already using the alternate form to pretend to be more of a monster. That might be super redundant tho.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

"Super redundant" is how I'd describe a lot of manga version, sadly.

Now that you mention it, I thought the addition of Fubuki to the dine and dash scene was really redundant and pointless. It muddled an otherwise simple and classic joke

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I just want to see Murata's take on that panel reveal where the two of their heads are still talking while actually pierced by the sword. If we don't get that I'll be slightly disappointed (but not really cause this is a rad fight so far)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I am trying to remember, but in the original didn't we have essentially the same joke for the Monster Association leaders? I.e., we see a single panel of each S class defeated to show how these guys are absolutely next level. So maybe they'll do these prelim fights as big epic things to establish that S class are power hitters, only for the MA guys to take them down quickly, then segue into the next part? (more likely we'll also get big battles for those tho)

I do prefer the original's pace and silliness but also like the new pretty art. For this arc I am not worried about it since we have both versions to enjoy anyway, I am going to feel somewhat sad when we get past the ONE stuff and have no original reference for his quick jokes as opposed to just Murata's excess.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Him just easily slapping a gassed Garou is a high point for me

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Nanigans posted:

It’s not great compared to season 1, but that was a once in a lifetime passion project by all of the director's friends.

So as someone who knows poo poo all about this: what prevented this same team of people to just do the same thing again? Like if they were passionate enough to make it the first time, why not just keep going, instead of letting it* turn into poo poo?

*obviously not blaming any of them because I doubt they had any control, just genuinely curious how this kind of thing happens in the first place but then quickly becomes untenable

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Flashy Flash is an awesome name, it has the word redundancy, the multiple meanings ("flamboyant fast guy" and "burst of light-like burst of light") and it flows really well and is fun to say; it's pretty much the whole package. They're also obviously already evoking speed by using things like light and sound to name fast ninja men, the argument there doesn't really sway me tbh.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Fleshing out the characters more makes their interactions so much more meaningful.

Ahhhhh yes these 100 extra angles of Tatsumaki and Psykos' breasts are really providing character depth most manga can only dream of

I'm not even near the top half of people who complain about Murata's over indulgence, but at some point it does get hard to defend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy gently caress Metal Bat about to gently caress poo poo up