Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

So does this mean another transformation is coming up?

It looked like his energy escaped him from the hole in his face though, I would be surprised if he managed to level up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

AnonSpore posted:

How does Saitama have such smooth legs but a hairy rear end
Apparently 100 push ups and 10km running per day makes you bald but preserves your rear end hair.

EDIT: Although seriously where is the next update, I want to know what nonsensical comeback line Saitama gives to Garou's speech before he one-punches him for the 5th time.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Terror Sweat posted:

There's still a bunch of stuff ONE has to go through. The prophecy that May or may not still be on, the Organization, the true nature of metal knight, genos's cyborg enemy, the identity of Blast, and maybe some other stuff on the way. All of this Garou stuff started from one just one page in the aliens arc.
I'm most interested in finding out what the hell the deal was with Hobo King's vision.

Also, the art ONE does may be technically poo poo, but his characterization, expressions, choreography in the action scenes, it's strangely beautiful. Saitama vs Garou was one of the most intense things i've seen on paper.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Shieldhill posted:

Of course I'd love to keep getting more, but it's hard to imagine how to top the Garou arc. I hope I'm wrong!
Seeing the way this chapter is going:

- Saitama might have to make the choice wether to kill Garou or not, perhaps Garou powers up again and rampages again, perhaps he has to stop the other heroes from doing it.
- Saitama could end up on bad foot with the other heroes, making it interesting when Lady Shibawa's prophecy comes true (I still don't believe it has). Other heroes start opposing Saitama and making things worse?
- Basically I think the story is going to become more conflicts between heroes, I have a hard time seeing it becoming "Saitama became S-rank and everyone was happy".

There's too many loose ends to quit at this point - Geno's arch-enemy still isn't revealed, Lady Shibawa's prophecy still hasn't come true (in my belief), Hobo King's vision has to be forshadowing for an epic villain..

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

I mean I just feel like this arc has been building up towards something that we haven't seen yet. The whole Garou thing is too well-thoughtout and interesting to just get resolved and done with by 'wepl Saitama punched him'

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

gnome7 posted:

Didn't he kill all those underworld guys who jumped him at the hero association meeting trying to recruit them?
No he just hurt them very badly.

That's his whole schtick in the end, he doesn't kill anyone because he's actually a pretty nice guy.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Ethiser posted:

So what are the odds the the Earth is in trouble prophesy is about Saitama because so far in the comic he is the most dangerous thing in existence.
Super low, Saitama is naively good, he punches bad guys for fun. He responded to a 10-page monologue about 'why are you a hero' with 'its a hobby' and after further inquiries elaborated his answer to 'its a hobby you loving idiot'. He watches heroes fight for life and death, revenge, watches them fight the biggest battles of their lives or what they believe to be fate-deciding showdowns of destiny, he then calls it 'squabbles' and comes in and onepunches the bad guy whenever he feels like it.

To become a threat to earth he would first have to have a basic level of care about, well, anything at all, and other than today's sale, he doesn't.

Basically I can not see him in any way 1) become evil, or 2) become involved in any sort of drama. Without either of those two I can't see him being a threat to earth in any way.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 14, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Kegslayer posted:

I think it's quite telling that he didn't jump in the fights sooner. They were life and death battles for the people involved that could have been ended in a matter of seconds.
Except they weren't. Garou was purposely not killing them. I guess the water monster was more serious business though, but he was repeatedly told to stay out of it and at the end he did wreck the monster when things started to look bad.

When you're at Saitama's level, letting people act out their hero hobbies is just being a nice guy

Bisse fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 14, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Terror Sweat posted:

I wonder how and when Pig god is going to save the world.
How: by eating the threat.

Alternatively, by momentarily eating the world thereby somehow protecting it against something.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Wittgen posted:

Garou survived more hits than the alien dude. Also, Onepunch-man is a brilliant inversion of basic shounen plot structure. Instead of the protagonist's power jumping every arc, the villain's power jumps every arc.
This is one of the best things. Now with Garou, i've literally been cheering for the villain to land a hit. I mean, I don't want him to win, but just get a few shots in before he gets sent to orbit. When Garou started dodging Caped Baldy's attacks and counterattacked him first with a backfist and then a roundhouse kick, I cheered out loud.

Then kind of followed along with Baldy's disappointment as he started tripping loser flags and going crazy.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I thought all the powerful heroes were basically just monsters that didn't decide to randomly start attacking people? They still have gimmicks based on being so utterly obsessed with something that they've transformed.
Not really, Genos is a robot, Bang is just really good at martial arts, Pri-Pri Prisoner is A Huge Slab Of Beefy Muscle, King is King... sometimes a strong guy is just a strong guy.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

gnome7 posted:

Hoooo poo poo, this is going to be good. It was only a matter of time before Tatsumaki and Saitama inevitably came to blows. She is the closest thing to someone on his level we've seen in the entire comic, possibly even including Garou.
Actually, Lord Boros was potentially the strongest being in the universe at that point in time and i'd peg him as the strongest character in the series (besides Saitama) before Garou had his showdown with Saitama. Boros vs Tatsumaki would not have even been a fight to be honest, this was a guy on Frieza level. In the Murata comic this is even more the case as he was even more ridiculous there, he punched Saitama to the moon and then he survived being literally torn to pieces.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 22, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Daler Mehndi posted:

Saitama misses out on one sale too many.
Oh god Evil Saitama would actually be the most scary thing imaginable.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

I really wonder how she's gonna react to defeat
"W... what happened? I must have gotten hit by a car or something. Man, that lucky B-class guy sure is cocky."

Oh and "We sure are lucky all those escaped monsters had so much gas in their stomach that they literally exploded."

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

TheKingofSprings posted:

I just reread it and now I'm not sure anymore. It's not super easy to tell from her face there.
She is definitely taking the opportunity to mock and insult him. It's not like saitama wouldn't have caught that rock, she is just being a bitch.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Kegslayer posted:

Garou and Boros definitely felt like God level threats with Garou many levels above a monster who travelled halfway across the galaxy for a fight.

I doubt any of the S Class heroes there could have touched Garou when he was all leveled up which is what made his fight with Saitama so unfair for him.
Yeah I don't know, I think Boros is actually the strongest being in the series so far besides Saitama. He (apparently) had the power to blow up a planet, which Garou did not. And he knocked Saitama to the moon.

Of course when Murata redraws the Garou fight who knows what he will come up with!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Powerful enough to kill a man with his bare chopsticks

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

Wrong thread lol

Bisse fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

*gets hit by truck*

A jargogle posted:

For those who dislike the pacing, what would be your "editor's cut"? Which chapters could go or be massively truncated without seriously damaging the redraw?
Ok this is exciting

- Would completely cut Orochi. His Garou fight was cool but he A) distracts from Psykos as the actual main villain, B) distracts from the main focus of the arc which is the S rank heroes and Garou.
- Would reduce basically all 1on1 hero-vs-villain fights to one or a few pages.
- With the arc shorter, cut all Saitama scenes so far, he adds nothing to the arc yet and him being there and kind of just fumbling around isn't working well for comedy either.