Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I just finished catching up to this. Holy poo poo, it only took me a few moments to adjust to ONE's art and it was so worth it. Now I just need to know when/how often ONE updates this.

It's not very often/consistent, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Yeah, I watched the anime for Mob and absolutely loved it.

Timeline went like this: Started watching the OPM anime and finished it>>Started reading the Murata version of the manga until I was caught up>> Watched all of Mob Psycho>>Started reading the ONE version of OPM.

The only thing I have left is to catch up to the manga for Mob at this point.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Watch the beautifully animated TV show too. It's on Crunchy Roll.

I'd say it's as well animated as the OPM anime, just different.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

It's been so long since I've looked at ONE's version. His art is...good?

I mean, it's not Murata (a once-in-a-lifetime talent), but then, who is?

Also glad to see my goodest boy Metal Bat is back.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

It’s not great compared to season 1, but that was a once in a lifetime passion project by all of the director’s friends.

Compared to most anime out there airing weekly, season 2 looks fine. Not spectacular, but OK.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Animation is stupidly expensive and ROI is the king concern. OPM is popular, absolutely, but so was Dragon Ball Super and it had legendarily bad animation. But people still watched.

OPM season 1 (and both seasons of MP100) really are outliers.

Bones to me reminds me of Arc System Works—they obviously have decent budgets, but somehow produce stuff that seems like they had triple the resources.

Would I love a studio like Bones to handle OPM? Of course. But I’m also aware of how super high quality shows are definitely not the norm, so I’ll keep watching OPM and supporting ONE and Murata and hope that season 3 in 2025 will look better.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

You can only be around Murata for so long without picking up a thing or two.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Is this the most detailed view of Blast that we’ve seen?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ah, okay. Thanks. I know I've read all of the webcomic, but it's been so long I honestly don't remember much of this part of the story.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Onepunch-man....

is good!!!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

MorningMoon posted:

Sweet Mask is the best.

I wanna slap all the murata version readers for doubting him.

I mean, prior to like 2 chapters ago, was there any reason to think he was anything but a huge, possibly evil, rear end in a top hat?

Genuine question. I haven’t re-read the webcomic in forever.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shugojin posted:

Saitama definitely teaching this guy to get over himself and just be a hero

It's too bad Saitama is so good at helping people with their issues, but can't get over his own existential crisis. Poor Caped Baldy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Do you think about the person when you name someone "Caped Baldy?!"

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The art in this chapter was so good.

It really was. ONE has become a loving awesome artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Jerkface posted:

that last panel... Always Sunny title card: Metal Bat Goes On a Rampage

lol

God, new chapters are always such a treat. And hey, PPP didn't do anything gross this time!