Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The probable fight between Saitama and Garou might be interesting, since Garou is sort of similar in that he's a "regular" person and has a tendency to always surpass whatever obstacle he comes across. I mean, it's not like there's any chance of Saitama losing or getting hurt much, but he might at least be somewhat challenged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Someone doesn't understand how shaggy dog stories work. (There is no chance anyone will seriously challenge Saitama, ever)

I mean "challenged" in the sense that a grown man fighting a 5 year old is more of a challenge than a grown man fighting someone who is in a coma.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm curious as to whether Garou will "ascend" more as a result of getting beaten up by Saitama, since he has done so after getting beaten up by other heroes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

AnonSpore posted:

Well, it's mostly because Sweet Mask is easily S rank, and everyone knows it, so his word has a lot of weight behind it. The problem is that Saitama makes S rankers look like leetle babbies.

Garou is also able to make them look like little babies once he's pushed far enough. As a side note, I wonder how Garou compares with that intergalactic dude.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Terror Sweat posted:

We didn't see a bunch of the alien's fight. Not to mention the fact that Saitama was toying with Garou from the start, and never intented to seriously hurt or kill the guy.

I seem to remember Saitama saying that he enjoyed the fight with the alien guy, to the point where he mentioned it being a challenge (even though the alien guy knew this was a lie, it still shows that he at least had Saitama's respect).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I think this fight with Tornado might be a turning point in turn of him being acknowledged by the S-Ranks. Tornado will have no choice but to acknowledge his strength after this (and doesn't strike me as the type to deny it even after being in a long fight with him), and she's #2 and has a lot of influence as a result.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Voted Worst Mom posted:

That's fair. I guess I just think the monsters are pretty decent things who are currently too obsessed with power or were so obsessed they literally turned into a monster. It'll be nice to have spermdude and evil puppy around.

There isn't really any definition of "evil" more useful than "knowingly does evil/harmful things." Virtually zero* evil people actually think "I am doing this because it is evil!"

You seem to be trying to project some morally ambiguous element to this comic that simply isn't there. Some of the heroes aren't the best people, but they're still clearly not portrayed as equivalent to the villains in any significant way.

If I had to guess, I would say that the corruption within the Hero Association is more of a commentary on the competitive nature of modern society/employment (the "rat race"), but it's not entirely clear. It's the structure of the Hero Association and the motivations it creates that are the problem, not the heroes themselves.

*Pretty much the only example in real life close to this is wealthy people who commit white collar crime (or take other actions that economically harm others), since they're well educated and in a position to easily understand the results of their actions. But even they are operating off of a distorted sense of morality. Pretty much all other crime is the result of socioeconomic factors or mental illness rather some innate immorality.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 29, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

tsob posted:

He's obviously just trying to consider how he should proceed from here, since force isn't an option and trying to get her to defer the fight didn't work.

Force is an option, he's just going about it the wrong way. The correct option is to grab Tatsumaki's hands and make her slap herself with them while saying "stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
He's gonna kiss the one with the three-piece staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nahxela posted:

Dogs have coats of fur, not coats of paint.

Maybe your dog doesn't have a coat of paint