Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molly Bloom
Nov 9, 2006

Yes.
Jeffery's look was also...er...borrowed. As pointed out on another forum, Martin Margiela sent it down the runway in 2008-9.

http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2008/02/paris_fashion_w_16.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Ew. I am always amazed by contestants on reality shows who copy another person and somehow expect not to get found out at some point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Still, the judges hit him with all the wrong critiques, and he shot back with all the right responses. Booting him for plagiarism is a lot more legit than booting him for the model's inability to drink a martini, but none of them seemed to recognize the look.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Propaganda Machine posted:

Still, the judges hit him with all the wrong critiques, and he shot back with all the right responses. Booting him for plagiarism is a lot more legit than booting him for the model's inability to drink a martini, but none of them seemed to recognize the look.

This. And plagiarism in an avant-garde challenge bothers me ten times more than in any other challenge. It's the ONE time you can (or should be able to) do whatever the gently caress you want, and copying an existing look in that situation just shows an alarming lack of creativity.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

To be fair, you're talking about something that went down the runway 5 years ago. It's easy to have things subconsciously be remembered as new things in the creative process. Especially when you're on the spot.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

toadee posted:

To be fair, you're talking about something that went down the runway 5 years ago. It's easy to have things subconsciously be remembered as new things in the creative process. Especially when you're on the spot.

Yeah, you're right. But the collar AND the one-legged pants? It's just...a bit fishy and kinda lame.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I guessing no one posted about PR:AS because, like me, they didn't have any strong feelings about any of the looks besides maybe Viktor's.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Korto is driving me nuts. Her personality is SO.drat.GRATING.

Granted, I always gravitate towards the "crazy insecure but wickedly talented" bunch more than the "steady, solid, and bland" performers.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I would've picked Christopher's over Victor's for the win. Goth Barbie was a good auf though.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I too preferred Christopher's dress, and it did look more expensive than it was. The whole challenge was pretty good, though not spectacular in any way. I'm surprised at the poo poo Jeffrey has been sending down the runway so far, really not worthy of a former winner.

What's up with the guest judges this year? Why the hell would they even choose an interior designer as a judge?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I don't understand how Korto's model wasn't the same size as the mannequin. Wouldn't the mannequins be adjusted for their model to begin with?

I can also appreciate the seaming on Elena's dress, but I feel like she put too many cutouts on the top and it reminds me of a lotus pod.

KIT HAGS fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 9, 2013

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005
I don't understand why seth aaron did not win.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
We did not see a reason to boot anyone, especially seeing as this is the third week in a row Jeffrey has been in the bottom and given the "I didn't realize it was supposed to be wearable hurr" explanation. :wtc:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It wasn't a wearability issue. It was a poontang issue.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005
Is it me or does Irina look and sound like she was just done crying whenever she is on camera?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I want to see an All-stars with every crazy Eastern European contestant and Ken.

And Josh's eyebrows.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Victor's dress was an ugly piece of crap, I have not the slightest idea how it got praised that much.

chellesandcheese
Jul 12, 2005

I really feel like they're playing favorites this season. I also feel like they're literally saying crap just so they can edit it in to throw off the viewers. What's the point of having a conversation about feeling manipulated by Josh's story when you then give him the win? It all just feels so forced.

I seriously wasn't going to watch all stars this season until I saw Seth Aaron was back. I just haven't been as excited about them as the regular seasons.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I really liked Irina's dress, actually. Then again I'm a huge fan of cherry blossoms.

I think Victor's would have been better without the yellow parts.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

chellesandcheese posted:

I really feel like they're playing favorites this season. I also feel like they're literally saying crap just so they can edit it in to throw off the viewers. What's the point of having a conversation about feeling manipulated by Josh's story when you then give him the win? It all just feels so forced.

It's really obvious they do not want to kick off Jeffery. It's also not obvious he is not taking the competition that seriously so I don't know why he's still there unless they had to give him a lot of money to get him on. Also I cannot stand that whining manipulative Christopher.

Tupping Liberty posted:

I really liked Irina's dress, actually. Then again I'm a huge fan of cherry blossoms.

I think Victor's would have been better without the yellow parts.

agree on both. I think she was just safe because of the "fabric-like" material or lack of manipulation.

Coconut Indian posted:

I want to see an All-stars with every crazy Eastern European contestant and Ken.

And Josh's eyebrows.

I want Josh, Elena and Ken to be roommates - then an hour before runway the twist is revealed: this is a Thunder Dome challenge. You have 1 hour to make any weapon you wish.

I am a week behind, did any one watch this week?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Ima Giraffe posted:

Yeah, although I was watching while working so only half-paying attention. It was a Bonnie and Clyde challenge in honor of some new tv show/movie that's airing on a couple different cable networks, which they also showed about 30 commercials for. For the most part the looks were all pretty solid I thought.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Ima Giraffe posted:

Yeah and I had to look it up to see who went home. I just remember feeling sort of bored and confused. Jeffrey's winning look :psyduck: and Viktor's jacket were hilariously bad. Seth Aaron really deserved the win if you ask me.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
TLo isn't even recapping it. Did they say they were no longer to to recap Project Runway or just All Stars?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Coconut Indian posted:

TLo isn't even recapping it. Did they say they were no longer to to recap Project Runway or just All Stars?

Just this season of All-Stars for now. 6 seasons in 3 years and all that.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Definitely getting burned out on Project Runway. Though this last challenge was nice. I wish they'd just do some 2 day challenges, no dumb twists.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I don't understand how Elena was safe. I liked her jacket but nothing about it fit the challenge. I also think that a lot of the pieces were good but the necklines didn't fit the period. Weren't the 30s all about challenging sexuality and making things boyish rather than I HAVE BREASTS LOOK AT THEM?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Jeffrey's winning look :psyduck:

Really? I thought the coat was MAGNIFICENT. The minute it stepped out on the runway I just knew it would end up in the top three. I'll admit that I get most of my fashion news from reading TLo, so you must take this with a grain a salt, but looking over their posts of recent menswear runway show, there were tons and tons of slightly oversized coats in that vein.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

DominoDancing posted:

Really? I thought the coat was MAGNIFICENT. The minute it stepped out on the runway I just knew it would end up in the top three. I'll admit that I get most of my fashion news from reading TLo, so you must take this with a grain a salt, but looking over their posts of recent menswear runway show, there were tons and tons of slightly oversized coats in that vein.

I loved the coat, but wasn't a fan of the trousers. I also didn't have any issues with Seth Aaron's look and laughed when he was on the bottom 3 despite Alyssa saying how she wanted to kiss him because she loved it so much.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

DaisyDanger posted:

I also didn't have any issues with Seth Aaron's look and laughed when he was on the bottom 3 despite Alyssa saying how she wanted to kiss him because she loved it so much.

I'm not really sure how he ended up there either. I looked other stuff less, although it was actually a pretty strong week without any obvious catastrophes.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

sup

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.
Somebody watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and got really inspired.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This AS season is pretty cool and Elena owns even if she needs to learn a new way to do necklines.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Jeffrey's bodice looked like a dissected chest.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Coconut Indian posted:

Jeffrey's bodice looked like a dissected chest.

"They're celebrating in the Treehouse of Horror!"

It's too bad his construction got so rusty. He's deserved the boot for a while, but he's always been a worthy designer. Godspeed, heterosexual male designer. Now it's up to Seth-Aaron.

(Nothing against the other dudes of course, but I appreciate the guys who don't entirely fall prey to stereotypes.)

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

I wish this could be the thread title.

I feel like Julie Kavner would have brought a wealth of insight compared to Abigail Breslin. A real missed opportunity, that.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

The funny thing is that once he is old and regretting this he can't grow out his hair to cover it.

Irina's was quite cute but Korto's was better. Elena is killing it this season

Ugh Jeffrey… thank you judges, 2 episodes late, but thank you

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I read that his cancer came back a few months ago, so I feel like he can rock that if he wants it. I'm not a fan, but it's not my head. v:shobon:v

Also agreeing that it took way too long to kick Jeffrey. His coat from two episodes was the only good thing he made this entire season.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Speaking of season winners getting eliminated, they made the right call on Irina. She couldn't have given them something less red carpet than that nakedly bridal and rapidly disintegrating dress. I enjoyed this ep quite a bit, and the competition is starting to even out in my opinion. Hopefully things don't get as boring as this thread :v:

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Speaking of season winners getting eliminated, they made the right call on Irina. She couldn't have given them something less red carpet than that nakedly bridal and rapidly disintegrating dress. I enjoyed this ep quite a bit, and the competition is starting to even out in my opinion. Hopefully things don't get as boring as this thread :v:

Regarding the decisions on the runway, there's really not much to talk about, if only because the judges pretty much got it right.

I don't want to sound too cynical, but Victor's confession... I wish him the best, but it was a calculated grab for screen time that came about much less organically than Mondo's revelation a few seasons back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

DominoDancing posted:

Regarding the decisions on the runway, there's really not much to talk about, if only because the judges pretty much got it right.

I don't want to sound too cynical, but Victor's confession... I wish him the best, but it was a calculated grab for screen time that came about much less organically than Mondo's revelation a few seasons back.

It really felt crazy calculated it. At one point I was thinking he'd have a different illness or situation because it was so ham fisted.

• Locked thread