Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Pikmin 1 is one of those games I wish I got into earlier... I'm pretty terrible at strategy games, so I didn't really like the forced 30 in game day time limit when I played the original GCN version. However, I did fall in love with the Wiimake mostly because of the great controls, but the ability to reverse time (at the cost of losing any items you got between your last save and the day you revert back to) made the game a lot more fun for me even though I only had to do it once.

I haven't played the remake of Pikmin 2, but I remember the GCN game being pretty fun. I might have to pick that up and give it a playthrough since I've heard good things about it.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Gamepad displays a real-time map with unit movement that lets you quick-jump all over the place and do other useful junk; you can use it in conjunction with the other control schemes, or turn it off entirely and have some of the HUD stuff displayed on the TV. You can also use the Gamepad as a sensor bar for the Wiimote, too, I think.
I actually had the idea of doing Wiimote+Nunchuck with the touchscreen on the gamepad as an off-screen map for planning (much like the Tingle Tuner in Wind Waker) when the Wii U was announced and Pikmin 3 was confirmed being worked on by Miyamoto, so I'm happy to hear that it'll actually happen. I don't have a Wii U yet, but Pikmin 3 is one of the games that will make me want to get one if it's as good as it's looking so far.

Speaking of Wii U games coming out, Olimar is coming back in the next Smash Bros. There isn't any info about if he'll be any different than he was in Brawl, but the pictures make it look like he'll be pretty much the same or mostly similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread