Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to play this year, last time I played Fantasy Premier League I was top 20 Everton fans in October and crumbled under the pressure and never looked at my team ever again. Not this time.

The Stone Cold Stunners

Duncan Sperguson fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Vegetable posted:

These leagues are a goldmine for digging up your real names. Just look at the names of the managers in each league. You're not really going to be #1 in the world, just put a pseudonym.

Who cares?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

92 points. Woof.

Many lols at the guy complaining that only bad players picked Benteke because he got all the goals and he didn't bother picking him.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Mills posted:

Most people don't pick him because he has a horrendous opening draw for the first three weeks and showed an almost complete inability to score against Top 4 sides last year.

:shrug:

Guess that was a bad call!

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

*pores over numerous dusty tomes, pours concoctions into beakers*

Hmm yes, I think, through the power of sabermetrics, I have devised the ultimate fantasy football soccer team for gameweek 1 of the fantasy football game. Benteke cannot, nay, will not possibly score.

*Benteke scores all the goals*

Mama mia! My spreadsheets!

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

No I would say the stupid people are the people who think they can use one season of football matches and draw anything from it, if you care about probability, variance and expected value so much maybe the first thing you should research is the concept of a proper sample size.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You sound pretty insecure. Well done on your week. :tipshat:

lol I don't know I'm not the one who had to come in and assert some false superiority because people did better than me in a fantasy football game.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I put Zabaleta in this week and then changed my mind and put in Aguero instead and chose not to take the points hit.
*walks down the street in a haze shouting KUN WAS A BAD CHOICE*

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Decided to drop Sigurdson and Dzeko for Ben Arfa and Giroud.

I dropped Lukaku for Benteke last week. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me now that Lukaku is at Everton.

Lukaku is ineligible today at least so you're okay

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

My only players playing in the 3 o clocks (and vidic)-

Vidic captain clean sheet
Two Spurs clean sheets (jinx)
Benteke goal
Giroud goal + assist
Whittingham goal

Sabermetrics please

Duncan Sperguson fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 14, 2013

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Glad I took the 4 point hit to get Ozil in as captain :getin:

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Smart players will have Suarez (c) at the weekend too IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Conor McNamara, BBC commentator
Man City v Crystal Palace (1500 GMT)
Interesting Manchester City team news. I'm told Yaya Toure, Negredo & Nasri all rested. Boyata at right-back.

My.....my fantasy team...no..

• Locked thread