Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Der Shovel posted:

Liverpool supporters: what kind of role do you think Lucas will have this season? He seems criminally cheap, probably because he was out for such long periods last year.
This is a shout.

Also, tip for this year: Do not pick Robin Van Persie

I don't know anything about the teams that have come up. Might try out Zaha and see how many games he gets for United. Other than that, same strategy as the last few years: Depth is meaningless.

edit: Javi Garcia for £5m? Good plan?

Hoops fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Popehoist posted:

people say this and get proven wrong every single year
This year will not be his year.

Not counting bonus points, you can get more points from allocating the money elsewhere. Bonus points might mean it was worth gutting the rest of your squad to get him, but it would take too much effort to work that out so I'm just going with my gut.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Cech and Schwarzer one-two keeper combo. Mourinho's Chelsea conceded bugger all last time.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Spiller posted:

I've never tried this before and don't know what I'm doing.

But I believe in Dzeko and Giroud.
Good squad this, gonna steal some of it.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Is there any way to look your results from past years? There's a dispute in my mates' league about who won in 2011/12.

(it was definitely me btw)

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

return0 posted:

This is Borini's year
nope

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Reasonably happy with that, but I'm not feeling the magic this year.

[edit]Tried to have a look at cheap tasty Championship strikers, and might get this Glenn Murray guy if he recovers from injury, but in the course of that I saw Cardiff won the Championship last year with a top scorer who scored 8 league goals, how did that happen

Hoops fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 21, 2013

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

ForeverBWFC posted:

My first time making a team for this, but seeing as I won't get to participate in any real Premier League Football Talk I may as well give it a go!

Actual Bolton fan, you should post more in TRP.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

gibsonisacripple posted:

I made TRP H2H 2 because 1 was full.
I think we're up to H2H4 or something by now.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I set my whole team around the Chelsea Villa double week and I've made a terrible mistake. I don't even have Benteke, what was I thinking. Now trying to fix it will cripple my team for the half the season so I think early wildcard is in order.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Beaten the average both weeks without doing especially well, glad my FF mainstay Branislav Ivanovic is serving me well.

This Zanuzaj boy isn't going to play any league games for United is he?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

5 of my first team didn't play this weekend, including my captain. I've lost the ability to care enough, the last two years I was tinkering every couple of days, this year I haven't even changed up my starters since the first week. End result: 25 points.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I brought in Ramsey and Mertesacker just the other day, because I am a genius.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

What strikers are City starting with these days? Aguero and Dzeko?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Cup starts next week. Definitely my favourite bit.

• Locked thread