Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Steve2911 posted:

That's like saying 'I thought Carmella Soprano was a pretty horrible person, so I skipped those bits'.

I'm sure a lot of people could say that. Everybody on The Sopranos is a horrible person, but Carmella is horrible in the most boring way possible. Its not even a woman thing because Andrea and Tony's sister were interesting characters who did interesting things whereas Carmella was just a stupid, selfish pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Irish Joe posted:

I'm sure a lot of people could say that. Everybody on The Sopranos is a horrible person, but Carmella is horrible in the most boring way possible. Its not even a woman thing because Andrea and Tony's sister were interesting characters who did interesting things whereas Carmella was just a stupid, selfish pain in the rear end.

It's just the idea of skipping scenes that gets to me. If you're going to do that then why watch at all?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I do the same thing with any scene with Danyerys Stormborn in GoT.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Don't feed Irish Joe. He does this poo poo in every thread.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The idea of being in a prison makes me uncomfortable so I skipped all the scenes where they are in a prison.

I still feel like I got the gist of it, great show!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Steve2911 posted:

It's just the idea of skipping scenes that gets to me. If you're going to do that then why watch at all?

Because 99% of the show is great, the writers just dropped the ball on some plotlines that are so uninteresting, boring, and completely divorced from everything else going on that watching them makes me want to stop watching the show entirely. Like anything involving Betty Draper after season 2 in Mad Men.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I listen to NPR for the BBC world news service. It's like getting spoilers for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Azhais posted:

Because 99% of the show is great, the writers just dropped the ball on some plotlines that are so uninteresting, boring, and completely divorced from everything else going on that watching them makes me want to stop watching the show entirely. Like anything involving Betty Draper after season 2 in Mad Men.

Alright, that's totally your decision. It's something I will never be able to understand though. It's not like a drama series is a sketchshow of unrelated scenes that you can pick and choose from.

I can't even bring myself to go for a piss during a film.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 4, 2014

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Just posted on the OITNB Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=472495119563665

Two more days - hells yes am I pumped for some unhealthy TV binging!!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Irish Joe posted:

The problem with NPR is that it tries to hide how shallow its programming is beneath a veneer of intellectualism. The only objective difference between NPR and Fox News is that Fox News wouldn't waste precious airtime on a guy who married a convict because "his" story is not, in fact, some wonderfully twee misadventure that would make a great Zooey Deschenel movie.

Also I just rewatched the episode where the warden vp girl learns of the interview and she had literally the exact misunderstanding as you seem to have, that things on NPR are always factual news. Piper tries to correct her in the episode. The fictional program it aired on was called "Urban Tales," literally just stories from town, not news.

Fox News has that poo poo too and the "N" in NPR doesn't stand for "news" either.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I think the Larry/Other Outside Prison stuff is supposed to be completely disconnected from Piper and absolutely infuriating, underlining the contrast between Piper's life on the inside and Larry's privileged whining about how much it sucks to be him while he watches Mad Men without her and makes bank publishing stories about Piper that make her life harder/actually endanger her.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

bubblelubble posted:

Just posted on the OITNB Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=472495119563665

Two more days - hells yes am I pumped for some unhealthy TV binging!!

Embed your videos please!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLvddzxlV8

1st AD fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 5, 2014

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Netflix has a countdown!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So who wants to make the season 2 thread?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Oh I'll do it yaaay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640450

• Locked thread