Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

"The back-ups serve to set the stage for a story we've got slated for Spring/Summer 2014"

Oh my god does that mean they're going to do a crossover with X is the Classic series? Awesome! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dr. Buttass posted:

They actually did a pretty admirable job of retconning the shitpile Penders left behind into something that wasn't total poo poo, but I think the continuity reset is probably the way to go.

What did happen with that Penders poo poo, anyway? I'm sort of surprised that even went anywhere...

Archie were idiots who somehow lost his contract (although they had a photocopy but that wasn't enough for the court), Penders sued claiming that he wasn't on work-for-hire and trying to reclaim his characters (apparently so he could make the 'Lara-Su chronicles' because apparently he thinks people will buy the adventures of ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL), as well as a prelude to suing Sega/Bioware for ripping off his Dark Legion in Sonic Chronicles. Archie settled out of court, and we have no idea what the nature of it was, but they seem to be removing most if not all of Penders' work.

If and when Penders' Sega lawsuit falls flat on its face (because really, considering the games are the frigging source material for the comics, 'a whole bunch of evil echidnas' is not really that revolutionary-anyone got that picture of Knuckles and all the other echidnas that are the same pose copy and pasted and slightly altered), Sega should let Archie use the Dark brotherhood as a new antagonist. Hell, the fact the Penders Echidnas conga-lined into another dimension provides a sly link to penders' work to them, just have time move differently there to explain the change in their society.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Ther character in the lower right corner is property of SEGA, the rest are ORIGINAL CHARACTERS that Ken Penders created. Ken Penders still claims he created Evil Sonic (Sonic but with a leather jacket, and bad) but the court said "No, that's stupid. You're stupid. Get out."

Genius.

There's another one where it's literally all the Echidnas in exactly the same goddamn pose. I wish I could find it. I would try google, but really that opens the floodgates to all the...fanart. Ugh.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

Speaking of Sonic, how pissed are you now that Sega went and redesigned the central characters right after the soft reboot when that would've been the prime chance (for you guys on the comics side) to introduce redesigned characters like you did with the entire rest of the cast? Also I wish you luck on your storyarc about Knuckles' struggle with steroid abuse.

I don't really think he's at liberty to say.

But that really was some unfortunate timing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Glad to see the reboot is keeping it relevant.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

Sooo, Worlds Unite?

Not just a Sonic/Mega Man crossover.

:staredog:

I have no idea what else is there. I think I saw Godzilla in the top left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Holy crap, the last issue of Mega Man actually showed The Elf Wars from the backstory of Mega Man Zero! I don't think that's actually been depicted anywhere before!

• Locked thread