Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

What the hell is a SolForge?
SolForge is a digital lane combat TCG. It is made by a bunch of well known Magic pros (Brian Kibler, Patrick Sullivan, Justin Gary) Magic creator Richard Garfield has also collaborated on the game. The game's website can be found here

What does that mean
In SolForge you build a deck of 30 or more cards (but you should limit yourself to 30). Each card has 3 levels. Some cards are front-loaded with powerful level 1's and relatively weak level 3's. Others are awful at level one but devastating at level 3. Each turn you will drawn 5 cards and play 2. When you play a card, a copy of that card one level higher is placed into your discard pile. After 4 turns, you shuffle you discard pile into your deck and start drawing higher level guys (hopefully). Your goal is to play creatures and spells in order to reduce your opponent's life total from 100 to 0 before they can do the same to you.

This guys is currently the biggest meanest creature you can play.

TCG huh? How bad is this going to ream my wallet?
Well, the game is in paid beta on Steam right now (http://store.steampowered.com/app/232450). So, you get to play with all the cards, but they'll eventually be taken out of your account when Beta is over. For buying into the Beta, you will get 20 booster packs (retail $2) when they wipe the Beta collections. You can also play for free on iPad. Currently Steam is ahead of iPad in terms of features (it has deck building and online play; iPad only has local and AI play and no deck building). The game will launch on iPad and Steam. Android support will follow in the future. You can also buy pre-constructed decks at $5 each. This is really important if you're playing on the iPad and less important if you're on Steam. You will keep all the cards in the precons when the game goes live. When the game goes live, it will follow a league of Legends model where players can earn cards from playing (either vs. opponents or in the vs. computer campaign). You will be able to get any card by grinding but there may be pimped versions that can only be obtained with cash (think LoL or DotA skins).

So, the game's in paid beta, huh? How buggy is it?
Right now it is a little finicky, but very playable. Most of the bugs are related to the menus and deck building functions (occasional freezing during deck building). The actual cards all work as they should. Online play just went live in the last patch, and the main issue is that you can't delete people from your friends list, and every random opponent is automatically added to your friends list. Thankfully, any real friends you add will stay at the top of the list, so they are easy to find. There are enough players that you can find a random opponent within a couple seconds at most hours.

This is an Echowisp, prepare to see about a million of them

I want to play with goons! Can I play goons?
You sure can. Open the game, click "Create Game" and pick your deck. When the opponent selection screen pops up, select "Online Friend." Click "Search" and enter a player's name to find them and add them as a friend. Right now, SolForge doesn't know if you are online. So if you actually want to know if the guy you're challenging is online, you should contact them via Steam. You can play asynchronously if you want - there is no time limit for games in the Beta.

NOTE:there is no in-game chat at this point. If you want to chat with fell SolForge goons, I suggest adding them as friends on Steam.

List of SolForge Goons - post your Steam and/or SolForge id to be added
Allan Assiduity - (SolForge)WoWSkulls
Call Me Abey - (SolForge)Caylen - (Steam)Caylen
DiscoUkulele - (SolForge)DiscoUkulele - (Steam)DiscoUke
DonnyTrump - (SolForge)DonnyTrump - (Steam)NonSketchyName
En Fuego - (SolForge)RevEnFuego
g0del - (SolForge)g0del - (Steam)g0del
GonSmithe -(SolForge)GonSmithe - (Steam)GonSmithe
guppiehaus -(SolForge)nativehand
HatfulOfHollow - (Steam)HatfulOfHollow
Here is Stovetop - (SolForge)fleshmsyth - (Steam)Helicopterhair
Jerkstores - (SolForge)Jerkstores - (Steam)Jerkstores
Karnegal - (SolForge)Karnegal - (Steam)Karnegal
King Burgundy - (SolForge)Kingburgundy - Steam (King Burgundy)
LeafHouse - (SolForge)Funkwich
Merauder - (SolForge)Skinner
Ninkobei - (SolForge)Lubanja - (Steam)Lubanja
Noi Albinoi - (SolForge)KaiusO - (Steam)Jimmy
pixaal - (SolForge)pixaal -(Steam)pixaal
precision - (SolForge)zerodrone - (Steam)zerodrone
retro sexual - (SolForge)lobo - (Steam)lobo
rinski - (SolForge)rinski - (Steam)rinskithehero
schwein11 - (SolForge)schwein11
Sigma-X - (SolForge)SigmaX - (Steam)Sigma-X
skateboardjesus - (SolForge)skateboardjesus - (Steam)skateboardjesus
SomeNumbers - (SolForge)??? - (Steam)SomeNumbers
SpanishMatlock - (SolForge)SpanishMatlock - (Steam)SpanishMatlock
thegreatcodfish - (SolForge)thegreatcodfish - (Steam)thegreatcodfish
Thurm - (SolForge)Razar - (Steam)Razar
Verno5x - (SolForge)Verno - (Steam)averno
What a Judas - (SolForge)Cthulhuhoop - Steam(Cthulhuhoop)
xboxpants - (SolForge)xboxpants - (Steam)xboxpants

STEAMGROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/solforgegoons

List of Goon Streamers
Do you stream SolForge? Post your channel and general times to be added to this list.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Starting Tips

Key Words
Armor X – Damage dealt to creatures with armor is reduced by their armor score.
Breakthrough – Creatures with Breakthrough deal any “extra damage” to the opponent. If you have a 7/7 with breakthrough and it is opposed by an opponent’s 4/5, the 4/5 will die and the remaining 2 damage will be dealt to your opponent.
Defender – Creatures with Defender do not attack when you battle. They will deal damage to any creature that attacks them.
Move X – Creatures with Move can move a number of lanes left or right up to their move score. They may be moved before or after you battle as long as they don’t have summoning sickness.
Regenerate X – Creatures with regenerate heal for a number of defense points equal to their regenerate number at the beginning of each turn (they cannot regenerate beyond they base defense number, although that number can be augmented by other cards).
Poison X – A creature that has been poisoned takes damage equal to the poison number at the beginning of each turn
Swiftness – Creatures with Swiftness do not have summoning sickness and can attack and use abilities the turn they are played.

Strategy: 101

Make good trades – As a general rule, a good trade is one in which your creature lives and your opponent’s creature dies. Trading one creature for another is generally good as well.

Remember, all creatures attack on each turn – As long as they don’t have summoning sickness, creatures will attack on both player’s turns. You can use this to ensure that you kill troublesome creatures by placing creatures with sufficient power in front of them before you battle.

Be sure to kill “trouble” creatures quickly – Some creatures have abilities that make them get bigger when certain conditions are met (Grimgaunt Devourer gets bigger whenever a creature dies). These sorts of creatures can snowball if ignored for too long. You often want to kill these creatures even if it takes you two cards to do so. Similarly, some creatures have activated abilities that can be used to gain advantages on each of a player’s turns (Uterran Packmaster increases the attack and defense of all your opponent’s Uterra creatures).

Pay attention to where to place your cards – Some creatures have move. If you put a Move 1 creature on the far right lane and put another creature to its left, there will be nowhere for it to move. Echowisp creates a copy of itself in a neighboring lane. If you don’t have 2 open lanes next to each other, the card is nowhere near as powerful.

Figure out what your opponent’s strategy is – Are they trying to kill you quickly by playing strong level 1 cards? Are they playing a of Synapsis Oracles and Technosmiths to level up crappy cards in order to have a lot of massive level 3’s in the late game? After a few games, you should be able to tell if you opponent is trying to win in the early, late, or mid-game. Once you know your opponent’s goals, think about which of your cards will be important to level for the future.

You can replace cards – You can place a card on top of another card you control. Significantly, doing this does not count as killing the creature. This can be relevant when you opponent has a creature like Grimgunt Devourer.

Totally not ripped off from Minority Report

Deck Building: 101
There are 4 factions:
Nekrium excel at clogging up lanes and killing creatures. They don’t have many tools for aggressive decks. None of their creatures have any of the keywords mentioned above. Grimgaunt Devourer is an incredibly scary creature of face down, and some people consider Grave Pact to be the best removal spell

Alloyin are good at leveling up extra cards and clogging up the board with armored creatures and have 1 solid move creature. Synapsis Oracle is a hard creature to get through and can help you level up cards that have weak lower levels. Brightsteel Sentinel can totally blow your opponent out in combat if you have a robot or two out.

Tempys offer many good damage spells that can kill opposing creatures. They have many good cards with swiftness or movement and one of the best buffers in the game in Rageborn Hellion. They also have (arguably) the best “big” creature in Scorchmane Dragon which is excellent at levels 2 and 3.

Uterra is all about throwing a mass of creatures at your opponent and buffing your guys. Their removal (Toxic Spores) is pretty bad. Echowisp, probably the most played creature in the game, is a great Uterra card. Uterran Packmaster can make your army even scarier, and if you can drag Chrogias to level 3, he is a 40/40 Breakthrough Regenerate 5 nightmare.

Don’t use 10 “3 ofs” – Because you’ll be drawing so many cards, it’s often beneficial to have 1-2 copies of a situational card in your deck as opposed to playing 3 copies of everything in your deck. Save your 3 of’s for essential cards for the deck.

Never use more than 30 cards – The fewer cards in your deck, the greater your odds are of drawing the card you want.

Use 2 Factions – You can have up to 2 factions in a deck. Use two. Even if you’re playing a deck that wants a lot of one faction (like a deck utilizing Uterran Packmaster or one that uses a robot strategy), you still have room for some top cards from other factions. In the future, there may be bonuses for playing single faction decks.

Have a Plan – Don’t just throw 30 cards you like into a deck. You’ll get beat, and it probably won’t be a lot of fun. Pick a couple cards you like and figure out what you can do to utilize them. Do you want to play giant creatures? Pick some cards that will help kill aggressive creatures in the early game. Do you want to abuse Grimgaunt Devourer? Maybe you should dip into Uterra for some buff spells to help him live longer.

So metal :black101:

Sample Deck – here’s a sample of a deck I made that will guide you through the building process (it’s a solid deck, but I’m still tinkering with it)

Grim Dryad
The goal if this deck is to create synergy with Spring Dryad and Grimgaunt Devourer to provide more giant threats than your opponent can deal with. This going to be a mid-game deck. It doesn’t have enough aggressive creatures to win quickly and it will eventually be outclassed, although it can play the long game if it has to.

2 Chrogias
1 Cull the Weak
3 Death Seeker
1 Deepbranch Prowler
3 Echowisp
2 Ferocious Roar
3 Fleshfiend
3 Grave Pact
3 Grimgaunt Devourer
2 Grove Huntress
2 Spring Dryad
2 Scourgeflame Sorcerer
3 Uterran Packmaster

Most of the creatures in this deck are designed to give multiple bonuses to your Grimgaunts and Dryads. Fleshfiend, Death Seeker, and Echowisp all either come back when they die or put duplicated into play. This means that they can trigger your gaunts and dryads multiple times.

Uterran Packmaster offers an alternate line of play. If you have an Uterra heavy hand, pumping your Echowisps can make them very hard to deal with because it makes them too tough to die to equivalent level mass burn spells. Ferocious Roar fulfills a similar role if your creatures are really split or heavy Nekrium . Grove Huntress is a more focused version of this ability. She can sometimes trade with an opposing attacker while pushing what would be an even trade into a favorable one by saving one of your creatures with her +X/+X

You have a few removal spells in Grave Pact and Cull the Weak to help you kill troublesome creatures. Scoureflame Sorcerer supplements this role and has good synergy with Fleshfiend and Death Seeker. The sacrifice effect can also push your grimgaunt a little higher to live through an attack.

Deepbrach Prowler is in there in case you run into an aggressive deck. Very few level 1 cards can kill him straight up. A single Blight Walker is also a reasonable addition to the deck. The 2 Chrogias are there in case you feel like you’ll need to go long.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 22, 2013

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Nice first post! I'll probably pick this up as soon as I get bored with Card Hunters. I've made about $10 dollars selling cards on steam and don't really have anything I want to buy right away so I might as well pick this up.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Nice op.

Steam - Helicopterhair
solforge - fleshmsyth

If someone wants to set up a game hit me up on steam first. I've been a bit disillusioned with the game lately so maybe some pvp will change that. If I don't respond to your message it's probably because I'm at work and still logged into steam @ home, or I'm playing swtor, so don't take it personal if you don't get an immediate response.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
I also really hope they improve the deck builder, oddly I really prefer to see the card art instead of the card name when building, I'm usually much more familiar with the card art than the name when it comes to card recognition. I think this game can be a little fun, and I see some potential, but their development rate has been really slow, and this is the kind of game where due to the limited play style, and the limit of 3 cards of the same type per deck, and only 2 factions per deck, they are going to need to get on the ball and get some more cards out. I'd also like to see some sort of "rarity" notification on the cards, which I hope is coming, if cards are even going to have a rarity. It's kind of a fun little game, but it can get old stale very quickly, and with the current rate of development, I think they are going to need to push faster harder to keep momentum.

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn
Is this going to be on available on iPhones as well? I have Ascension and it is a great time waster but Solforge looks much more fun.

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
I am Jerkstores on steam and SolForge.

Springdryad.dec is extremely good so far. My off faction is Tempys - it's primarily a rush deck but spring dryads are tough to deal with at any stage.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010
OP looks great Karnegal!

Ith posted:

Is this going to be on available on iPhones as well? I have Ascension and it is a great time waster but Solforge looks much more fun.

Yes it's going to be on the iPhone. It might be a few months or more before it gets released though.

Steam and Solforge ID's are DonnyTrump. I'm pretty bad at solforge but it's still a really fun game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I can't stop laughing at that skeleton, it's like he's to busy trying to figure out why he has feet for hands to care about the death knight in front of him.

Sounds like fun, think I'll test drive it on ipad before buying the steam version.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 19, 2013

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004
I've got the same username in steam and solforge as here. I'm not always on my Windows PC to play, but I'm down for games whenever I am.

We have a groupme for the game, not sure if I can invite people though: https://web.groupme.com/groups/3790697

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
How will this handle on the shittiest of lovely computers? I have a 4 year old Asus G51 that has devolved in to a overheating pile of rear end that can barely handle the 8-bitiest of games before crashing.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Sweet. Solforge is a lot of fun, but deck building is pretty bewildering in any new game.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Kjermzs posted:

How will this handle on the shittiest of lovely computers? I have a 4 year old Asus G51 that has devolved in to a overheating pile of rear end that can barely handle the 8-bitiest of games before crashing.

I don't see why not, it's not a convoluted 3d interface or anything. Here is the spec list from steam though:

Minimum:
Memory:1 GB RAM
Graphics:256MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card
Hard Drive:200 MB HD space
Sound:DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended:
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:512MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card
Hard Drive:500 MB HD space
Sound:DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
That Vista minimum is wrong, even. Stone Blade got it to run on XP's thirteen year old rear end after a bunch of whiny, entitled Kickstarter backers pitched an absolute fit at them on the official SolForge forums. It should run on your PC, my man.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I've been in on this since day 1 of the kickstarter but haven't played much since the demo. Mostly an iPad player but maybe I will grab the steam version to tide me over.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

JoshTheStampede posted:

I've been in on this since day 1 of the kickstarter but haven't played much since the demo. Mostly an iPad player but maybe I will grab the steam version to tide me over.

If you kickstarted, you have a free Steam pass, just message them through kickstarter

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the thread, Karnegal! SolForge is a good, interesting game, providing you get used to its unique brand of swinginess. I currently have two lists: one like Karnegal's sample list and a tempys/alloyn aggro/ramp list. I'll post both later. In the meantime: Steam & Twitch—rinskithehero, SolForge—rinski. I don't have set times I play or stream, but both tend to fall around 8pm on weekdays.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

DonnyTrump posted:

Steam and Solforge ID's are DonnyTrump. I'm pretty bad at solforge but it's still a really fun game.

I thought you found people on steam through account names, but apparently not. My username on steam is NonSketchyName if anyone wants to play.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

thegreatcodfish posted:

We have a groupme for the game

https://groupme.com/join_group/3790697/Iyr7AP?source=Copy

My Stone Blade account name is the same as here, but I'm a Macfag waiting for the iPad build to catch back up to the Steam one.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I am also playing this as Imazul. All of my attempts at beating decks built around spring dryad are proving fruitless.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Imazul posted:

I am also playing this as Imazul. All of my attempts at beating decks built around spring dryad are proving fruitless.

What's your decklist?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Heh, pretty funny I got you as a random opponent just now Karnegal. Especially because I'm basically playing your deck with a few tweaks. I got super ridiculously lucky with my draws, though.

Steam name is GonSmithe and so is my Solforge name.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

GonSmithe posted:

Heh, pretty funny I got you as a random opponent just now Karnegal. Especially because I'm basically playing your deck with a few tweaks. I got super ridiculously lucky with my draws, though.

Steam name is GonSmithe and so is my Solforge name.

Ha, yeah that was a beating

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Ha ha!

https://twitter.com/SolForgeGame/status/359393138730741760

Hi, Stone Blade dudes. :glomp:

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Now that I have time, here's what I'm currently running:

Golgari Jellyfish
3 Echowisp
3 Spring Dryad
3 Grimgaunt Devourer
3 Deathseeker
3 Uterran Packmaster
2 Deepbranch Prowler
2 Scourgeflame Sorcerer
2 Corpse Crawler
2 Flesh Fiend
1 Chrogias
1 Blight Walker

2 Grave Pact
2 Ferocious Roar
1 Cull the Weak

Red Robots
3 Ashurian Mystic
3 Rageborn Hellion
3 Synapsis Oracle
3 Scorchmane Dragon
3 Flameblade Champion
2 Windcaller Shaman
2 Technosmith
2 Magma Hound
2 Alloyn General

3 Uranti Bolt
2 Firestorm
2 Lightning Spark

The first is similar to the list Karnegal posted, because those cards are pretty much the best cards. For a while, my Red Robots list appeared to be unbeatable, but it appears to just be really swingy: if they get out Packmasters and make a wall of meat, it's pretty hard for me to get into the game. I think the Golgari Goodstuff (Uterra/Nekrium for non-Magic people) lists are just the best things in the game right now, because it gives you a good number of options. I know there's a good Uterra/Tempys list that Kibler runs, but I couldn't really bring myself to play it.

Both lists are works in progress, and I've been swapping a lot of cards and tweaking numbers. I liked running some number of hydras in the first list, but I can't really find room for one now. I was originally running 2 Dryads, but she's so important I think you want 3. One card I was trying out and wound up cutting from that list was Darkshaper Savant. I like him, but I'm not sure he was doing enough. Part of why I'm interested in finding new, good people to play against is because it's pretty hard to tweak your deck once it's "good enough," partially due to the card draw system, partially due to the skill level of a lot of the random opponents.

rinski fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 22, 2013

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

There's a pretty good community tool for sharing decks on forums over at forgegamers:
http://www.forgegamers.com/sfcarddb/Decks/build

I helped beta test it, and it turned out fairly solid.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
I found the card art instead of card name button for deck building, so consider that gripe me being an idiot.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

There's a pretty good community tool for sharing decks on forums over at forgegamers:
http://www.forgegamers.com/sfcarddb/Decks/build

I helped beta test it, and it turned out fairly solid.

It's good, but it churns out HTML instead of BBcode.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Just got into the Steam client finally. Steam name and Solforge name are the same as my name here.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Just a quick question, are Uterra packmaster, wisps, and spring dryad considered really unbalanced at this point? The majority of the opponents I've faced online are using these fuckers and I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to deal with them. I'm trying to use Alloyin/Tempy but it seems near impossible to keep up with the rate at which these players are able to drop multiple creatures AND buff them to unkillable status.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Mavric posted:

Just a quick question, are Uterra packmaster, wisps, and spring dryad considered really unbalanced at this point? The majority of the opponents I've faced online are using these fuckers and I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to deal with them. I'm trying to use Alloyin/Tempy but it seems near impossible to keep up with the rate at which these players are able to drop multiple creatures AND buff them to unkillable status.

Its not so much that any one of those cards is out of whack as that Uterra as a whole is really dominant right now.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mavric posted:

What is your deck list right now? Perhaps we can offer some tips. I think U/N is the best deck at the moment, but I've had some success with A/T and U/T builds

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
I keep adjusting my deck because nothing seems to be really working, could you suggest a deck that focus on robots?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mavric posted:

I keep adjusting my deck because nothing seems to be really working, could you suggest a deck that focus on robots?

My feelings on robots is that there are about 3 worth playing in significant numbers: Forgeplate Sentry, Ionic Warcharger, and Brightsteel Sentinal. Scrapforge Titan is the least impressive "big guy" right now. For robot decks, I think you want to play hold off in the early game, solidify in the mid game, and take over in the late game. Here's a potential list that I haven't tested a ton yet.

Alloyin/Tempys leveling robots
3 Forgeplate Sentry
1 Windcaller Shaman
1 Scrapforge Titan
1 Magma Hound
3 Firestorm
2 Synapsis Oracle
3 Uranti Bolt
3 Brightsteel Sentinel
3 Ionic Warcharge
3 Scorchmane Dragon
1 Sonic Pulse
2 Rageborn Hellion
1 Wind Primordial
2 Tecnhosmith
1 Alloyin General

The idea is to try to use a Synapsis Oracle or Technosmith in order to avoid ever playing a dragon egg or Scrapforge at level 1. However, you want to make sure with this sort of deck that you are proactively dealing with trouble cards. This is why you're running Uranti bolt and Firestorm. It's Rageborn hellion lets you apply pressure if your opponent is also playing the leveling game. It's important that you keep some number of bolts leveled because outside of a couple cards you need removal for trouble creatures since you don't stack up favorably until level 3. I think the most important thing about playing leveling decks is learning when not to level and instead just play a solid guy who will trade with an opposing creature. I often see people get greedy and try to run out 2 technosmiths or a bunch of oracles and then get crushed because their opponent sits out 1-2 rageborn hellions or Uterran packmasters and starts snowballing.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
This is my robot deck. The Brightsteel allow for a lot of favorable 2 for 1s, the munition drones are super deadly late game, and Titan is a good win condition (and not bad if you upgrade him with drones at level 2). Basically stall and try and block as many lanes as possible until you have just better stuff overall.

3xSpark Bot
3xScrapforge Titan
3xForgeplate Sentry
3xSynapsis Oracle
3xBrightsteel Sentinel
3xMatrix Warden
3xMunitions Drone
3xTechnosmith

3xLightning Spark
3xUratani Bolt

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Do you find those 1-ofs are worthwhile in this game?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
How does the future of this look? I know they're still working on actually releasing it, but have they said anything about support for future expansions and things like that? I'm rather tempted to buy in now. It looks weird, but fun.

Man, there's a lot of these online card games coming out, huh. SolForge, Hex (which I backed), and Hearthstone all in the next few months! I'm okay with this. I'm a whore for card games. :(

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How does the future of this look? I know they're still working on actually releasing it, but have they said anything about support for future expansions and things like that? I'm rather tempted to buy in now. It looks weird, but fun.

Man, there's a lot of these online card games coming out, huh. SolForge, Hex (which I backed), and Hearthstone all in the next few months! I'm okay with this. I'm a whore for card games. :(

They are pretty much all in on it, so they certainly plan many expansions, drafting, sealed, all the things a thriving CCG has. Of course, there's no way to tell how much of that will happen, since its all based on the game being popular to begin with.

It's a low buyin to entry right now, though, 20 bucks and you get temporary full card pools to play with so you can see if you like it enough to buy cards when it comes out.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Do you find those 1-ofs are worthwhile in this game?

The question I ask is "Is this card good enough to play at level 1 when I have level 2s and 3s?", because 1-ofs probably will get to level 2 if your lucky in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ulta posted:

The question I ask is "Is this card good enough to play at level 1 when I have level 2s and 3s?", because 1-ofs probably will get to level 2 if your lucky in a game.

I can see only rolling with 1 of your big guy in a deck full of levelers, but anything you might actually want to play at any other point in the game seems like a waste as a singleton.

• Locked thread