Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They smoked Real Madrid in one leg last year as well. Sucks they lost Gotze, but hopefully they can still surprise some people. Speaking of which, where did all the Gotze money go? They haven't made any big transfers since then, have they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Volkerball posted:

They smoked Real Madrid in one leg last year as well. Sucks they lost Gotze, but hopefully they can still surprise some people. Speaking of which, where did all the Gotze money go? They haven't made any big transfers since then, have they?

They transfered Lewandowski!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

They transfered Lewandowski!

Hmmm dang. Well what about Marco Re-

:getin:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Volkerball posted:

lol Mkhitaryan was 25m, Aubameyang was 13m, Sokratis was 10m. They pissed away the Götze money (37m) on two bad players.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Anyone mind helping me out with finding cheaper tickets? Please? Wont get another chance

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Telling us which game you want to visit would be a good start then.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wolfsburg at Munich. First game of the season. Its the only one I can make unless i want to travel my happy rear end to Dortmund and aid rather not get stabbed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Katana Gomai posted:

lol Mkhitaryan was 25m, Aubameyang was 13m, Sokratis was 10m. They pissed away the Götze money (37m) on two bad players.

They're already trying to move Aubameyang on

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Soulex posted:

Wolfsburg at Munich. First game of the season. Its the only one I can make unless i want to travel my happy rear end to Dortmund and aid rather not get stabbed

That's literally the season opening game, in Munich, which is always loving sold out and full of opera fans like yourself so the prices are inflated as gently caress.

(ask Ephex)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

That's literally the season opening game, in Munich, which is always loving sold out and full of opera fans like yourself so the prices are inflated as gently caress.

(ask Ephex)

I really wish the Mandzukic back to Wolfsburg rumor had panned out because he'd score a load of goals and make Pep eat poo poo like the beta b*tch he is, right in the first game of the season.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No idea what an opera fan is.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Volkerball posted:

Immobile (this will become a meme if he ends up being bad, so get ready) wasn't cheap. Like 20 million or something, right?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah but he loving wrecked Serie A and seemed pretty good at the World Cup despite his team being garbage so maybe it's a good investment?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hopterque posted:

Yeah but he loving wrecked Serie A and seemed pretty good at the World Cup despite his team being garbage so maybe it's a good investment?

I think it will be! He really is a very good player, and I hope he does well.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Soulex posted:

No idea what an opera fan is.

"Opernpublikum" is what German fans call the audience at Bayern's ground because they just attend to watch the show, it's just another way of calling someone a plastic. I lumped you in with them as a joke, at least you know what football is.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. It would be hard pressed to call me a fan. I enjoy a lot of the players but Im Serie A through and through. I just love the beautiful sport is all. That and itll be my last chance to see them possibly ever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

Yeah. It would be hard pressed to call me a fan. I enjoy a lot of the players but Im Serie A through and through. I just love the beautiful sport is all. That and itll be my last chance to see them possibly ever.

Isn't Serie A in a lot of trouble? My first choice to follow in the European leagues was AC Milan, but everything I read was like "We are the dyingest team in the dyingest league" and I was like I'm just gonna go ahead and pass on adding another soul-crushing sports team to my portfolio. Any Euro team I follow is always going to play second fiddle to the south american leagues though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The best comparison for Milan is how ManU did last year. Its true the league isnt as vibrant and finacially secure as others but it always has drama behind it. Example the Maxi Lopez poo poo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hey guys, I'm gunna be in Munich in December this year and it looks like I'll be around for the FCB vs SC Freiburg game on December 16th. What's the best way to go about getting tickets for this? I'm guessing it's probably not on sale yet?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

webmeister posted:

Hey guys, I'm gunna be in Munich in December this year and it looks like I'll be around for the FCB vs SC Freiburg game on December 16th. What's the best way to go about getting tickets for this? I'm guessing it's probably not on sale yet?

Katana Gomai posted:

game, in Munich, which is always loving sold out and full of opera fans like yourself so the prices are inflated as gently caress.

(ask Ephex)

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

webmeister posted:

Stand near stadium and rob a guy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just Bayern that's near impossible to get tickets for, or is it all Bundesliga teams?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Is it just Bayern that's near impossible to get tickets for, or is it all Bundesliga teams?

Bayern, Dortmund, Köln are the toughest ones, but Bayern are a level above the other two. For all other clubs you shouldn't have too much trouble. This issue is entirely solvable with enough money though.

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up
You can get Schalke Tickets for the Nordkurve kinda easily (but it's Schalke after all :haw: ). You have to buy these Combos with a visit to the Veltins-Arena or the Glückauf-Kampfbahn and the Schalke museum. (I remember there were also some free beers and a brat). Also, depending on their group, you can get CL tickets pretty cheap. Last year against Bukarest was something like 25 Euros and we bought it just like a few days before the game.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

The easiest of the top teams to get tickets for is Leverkusen, by a landslide. 30,000 seat stadium in a city of 170,000 people, even the CL games aren't typically sold out unless we play the big teams. Bundesliga is a bit tougher but even then, half the games don't sell out unless we are having a phenomenal season.

I am not happy about this but at the same time I had to give up my season ticket last year since I work so many weekends so I don't get to complain.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So who wants to open the new thread and give it a fitting name (Hoam ins Reich imo)?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak posted:

In case we win the whole thing, I suggest simply "Bundesliga Megathread 2014/2015: Home"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Or "It came home." Grats to all you German goons. Definitely the best team all cup long. Happy for Gotze. What a start to his career he's had.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frankenfreak posted:

In case we win the whole thing, I suggest simply "Bundesliga Megathread 2014/2015: Home"

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Now that that's over, we can finally go back to hating each other because of our club allegiances

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dunban posted:

Now that that's over, we can finally go back to hating each other because of our club allegiances

I don't even care, I love everyone. The bundesliga owns germany owns deutschland owns we're the loving best in the world and I can't wait for the new season.

e: Also 2nd in the kicktipp, loving Smirr is unstoppable I guess, congrats.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Thanks. I don't know what I did right apart from brutally negging Spain and England. Give Pand the Golden Ball(s) for his final tipp itpo

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Dunban posted:

Or go back to hating yourself if you're a HSV guy.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

For posterity, and the first loving time I remember to do it, before I have to reset the Kicktipp for 2014-15:

Congrats Smirr, we collectively got owned by you. Honorable mention goes to Pand, who is hereby given two extra points and thus promoted to rank 5 for his pro tipp.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It was a good cup

nay it was THE BEST CUP.

DEUTSCHLAND IST WELTMEISTER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

A "shame" we played 'home' otherwise I'd gone for a 14:88 tip.

What a night. I stumbled home drunk at 5am this morning through my small City. Most Bars and Cafes were still open.

Also this:

frankenfreak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZNFTQNAwWM

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm still hungover as gently caress and I basically can't talk.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Katana Gomai posted:

Even in top shape, semifinals are a pipedream. The game has evolved in the last decade, Yogi has not.

Typical German pessimism, I'm glad you were spectacularly wrong.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Typical German pessimism, I'm glad you were spectacularly wrong.

Same, op, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A slow day at work and spending most of it watching my computer getting migrated to Windows 7 made for a good opportunity to start working on an OP for the new thread:

http://pastebin.com/zDDHWzzy

The basic structure and most of the text is there. Some blanks need to be filled and people looking over what I wrote would be appreciated.

• Locked thread