Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Looks pretty good but I think there needs to be some emphasis on how Bayern is basically the least interesting thing about the Bundesliga and you should probably completely ignore them and pretend the entire league is cool and competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

frankenfreak posted:

A slow day at work and spending most of it watching my computer getting migrated to Windows 7 made for a good opportunity to start working on an OP for the new thread:

http://pastebin.com/zDDHWzzy

The basic structure and most of the text is there. Some blanks need to be filled and people looking over what I wrote would be appreciated.

Looks good, I am extremely ok with your Leverkusen writeup. I legit think you should post it because you're a good poster and out of all of us, you've suffered the most last season. :glomp: Also if you can put that somewhere editable (Google docs?), people could correct mistakes on the fly.

Do we want to replace "home" with a German word instead? Zuhause, Heimat, etc.pp. i duno how jokes work

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hertha's "biggest" rivals are Schalke, but it's one of those pathetic one-sided rivalries like the England-Germany one. It can still get kinda nasty (nastier than usual I mean) at home games against them. If you want a mutual rivalry it would be Energie Cottbus, but that's more of an Angstgegner kind of thing for Hertha.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'll be very cross with you if the Stuttgart origin story has been defanged.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

I'll be very cross with you if the Stuttgart origin story has been defanged.

I didn't really look at the old writeups, but :lol: I will add that back in.

Also, Google Docs is a good idea. I set to comments only, though, to better keep track of things.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t3yYDd8MsHkaNvfCJR7O3gXLdmNYphu-0dk1PMcxGso/edit?usp=sharing

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

hopterque posted:

I'm still hungover as gently caress and I basically can't talk.

A German co-worker of mine came to play at our lunchtime pickup game at work and was quite visibly hungover

scored the first goal, though, which I thought was fitting

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

frankenfreak posted:

Also, Google Docs is a good idea. I set to comments only, though, to better keep track of things.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t3yYDd8MsHkaNvfCJR7O3gXLdmNYphu-0dk1PMcxGso/edit?usp=sharing

Commented on a few things, most of it is just my opinion and not really factual though.

Infected fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 15, 2014

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
The OP should basically be a comprehensive writeup of the history of FC Bayern Munich and how they're the greatest, OP.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
You should put Katana Gomai's "what team to pick if you're a new plastic" chart in there.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dunban posted:

You should put Katana Gomai's "what team to pick if you're a new plastic" chart in there.

Let me make a new one or at least update it if you do.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Paderborn's stadium is wrong. It's Benteler-Arena (15.000) famous for it's 2000 bicycle stands and you better be quiet when leaving after a game or the neighbours get really, really mad and might even stare at you.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh wow you're not even kidding: "Ebenfalls aufgrund von Anwohnerklagen dürfen keine Veranstaltungen nach 22 Uhr im Stadion stattfinden, wodurch Freitagsspiele in der 1. Bundesliga bzw. Montagsspiele in der 2. Bundesliga ausgeschlossen sind." And the stadium already is in the middle of nowhere, there's just 5-6 houses across the street. How do you even get a Bundesliga license if you can't play on Fridays or Mondays?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

They can, just not at home.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well yeah. But it's still more scheduling shenanigans than with any other club. It's kind of funny though that Friday and Monday matches are so hated by fans and the solution is apparently this easy.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

What I don't get is how you can be such a standoffish NIMBY in the outskirts of a shithole like Paderborn of all places. Their houses are gonna get trashed this season. :twisted:

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Katana Gomai posted:

What I don't get is how you can be such a standoffish NIMBY in the outskirts of a shithole like Paderborn of all places. Their houses are gonna get trashed this season. :twisted:

Shithole? You better shut your whore mouth. I can (have to) see the glorius cathedral from my office windows every single day. :suicide:
There is only really one guy who is behind this. He owns one house and doesn't even live there. It a personal thing between him and the club president. All in all it's just three neighbours.

elwood fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 15, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Katana Gomai posted:

I hope so. Paderborn in the Bundesliga while Bielefeld was relegated to the 3. Bundesliga. Shocking and wrong.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

elwood posted:

Shithole? You better shut your whore mouth. I can (have to) see the glorius cathedral from my office windows every single day. :suicide:
There is only really one guy who is behind this. He owns one house and doesn't even live there. It a personal thing between him and the club president. All in all it's just three neighbours.

Yeah I know, I've read a couple pieces on it right after they got promoted. And given that I'm from Leverkusen, it's not really my place to call any other city a shithole but it is what it is. v:v:v

Torrannor posted:

I hope so. Paderborn in the Bundesliga while Bielefeld was relegated to the 3. Bundesliga. Shocking and wrong.

This however I strongly disagree with. Not with the Bielefeld part, that was a shame (albeit a self-inflicted one), but Paderborn is cool and I like new clubs in the Bundesliga every now and then.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Katana Gomai posted:

Yeah I know, I've read a couple pieces on it right after they got promoted. And given that I'm from Leverkusen, it's not really my place to call any other city a shithole but it is what it is. v:v:v

This however I strongly disagree with. Not with the Bielefeld part, that was a shame (albeit a self-inflicted one), but Paderborn is cool and I like new clubs in the Bundesliga every now and then.

You're right about new teams being cool, I'm just sad about the Bielefeld part.

I wonder if the HSV can continue to fail and remain in the Bundesliga.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Katana Gomai posted:

IMO Leverkusen is quite nice but maybe that's because I only ever spend time in the nice part so my view is skewed.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 16, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
All I've ever seen of Leverkusen is the stadium, the station, and the park in between. The stadium and the park are quite nice. :v:

Thanks everyone for helping out. I should get around to edit the draft tomorrow. And before anyone thinks I was trying to sneak some FCN into the new OP: the Paderborn stadium mixup was simply a copy-and-paste error.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

General Probe posted:

IMO Leverkusen is quite nice but maybe that's because I only ever spend time in the nice part so my view is skewed.

I grew up in Rheindorf-Nord so...yea. The center of the city is nice enough (well, not anymore since the mall opened imo), but outside of Opladen the city is pretty dead when it comes to pubs and such if you're under 30. Didn't know what to do with myself until I moved to Cologne really. I went to school within walking distance of the stadium though, which was pretty rad because it made me feel closer to the team. We saw the players a lot when we went outside for P.E. class because everyone jogs around the Dhünn, that was cool.

Leverkusenchat.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I've never been to Leverkusen. That's my contribution to that.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Makes sense since Opladen across from the Villa Römer, is where I stay when I'm in town for games but other than that I grew up in Bonn which had decent nightlife, not as good as Cologne obviously but still good. Unfortunately Bonn doesn't have a real soccer identity since our own team is so poo poo.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Leverkusenchat: never been, but I once took a 12+h bus trip to Luxembourg with my team at a time when Die Doofen were hot poo poo and we spent the whole time listening to their album, and now I can't hear someone say Leverkusen (or Wuppertal) without getting this song stuck in my head. Semi-related: please stop talking about Leverkusen (and don't start talking about Wuppertal).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
:siren: Götze to Bayern is a Done Deal :siren:

His younger brother Felix

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Bring back hooker chat imo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

Now sign Kroos!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

:grumble: traitorous scum all of them :grumble:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

frankenfreak posted:

Now sign Kroos!

Who will leave for Castilla in two years? Nah.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I was promised a new thread and didn't get it. You lied :colbert:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This is a pretty decent tl;dr for the new season so far:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/bundesligisten-geschichten-bayern-holt-den-naechsten-goetze-1.2049572

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Torrannor posted:

I was promised a new thread and didn't get it. You lied :colbert:
I did not know that I would be that tired when I made that claim, so technically it wasn't a lie. :c00lbert:

I'll definitely get to it tonight.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CCY-iYhcLKO_OKNRxRbaPFJwXfH7uSbq0zzTP4Ee5RI/edit?usp=sharing - second draft

What's still missing:
- "Why you should hate them" for Augsburg
- "Why you should root for them" and "Why you should hate them" for Hannover (maybe something about Hannover being boring?)
- Maybe another thing for Stuttgart's "Why you should root for them" and "Why you should hate them"

I'd prefer to get these sorted out before posting the new thread.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, Lahm has retired from the national team. Seems a bit early, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with going out on top.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 18, 2014

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
:catstare:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

:staredog:

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up

frankenfreak posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CCY-iYhcLKO_OKNRxRbaPFJwXfH7uSbq0zzTP4Ee5RI/edit?usp=sharing - second draft

What's still missing:
- "Why you should hate them" for Augsburg
- "Why you should root for them" and "Why you should hate them" for Hannover (maybe something about Hannover being boring?)
- Maybe another thing for Stuttgart's "Why you should root for them" and "Why you should hate them"

I'd prefer to get these sorted out before posting the new thread.

I've added some lines for Stuttgart: Drama & Swabian Bruddler fans

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Wow, Lahm has retired from the national team. Seems a bit early, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with going out on top.

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Volkerball posted:

i always figured he'd be more of a bottom, op

• Locked thread