Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

CloseFriend posted:

I thought some people would find this interesting: the back cover copy for Clan of the White Lotus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaPA_eQ2aI

Not sure how to make a timecode work with the video link parsing the forum does, but skip to 38 minutes in this documentary to see a 'real life' application of magical testicle kung-fu. Probably NWS for the shot of a man dragging around a heavy gardening implement via a chain attached to his scrotum.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

The finale from Thundering Mantis (also called Mantis Fist Fighter for some reason) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynsuaBPDFvo

One of the zanniest final battles in any movie I've ever seen. Basically, the evil grandmaster of an eagle claw school tortures and murders the main dude's best friend. What happens afterwards? Why, the protagonist loving loses his godamned mind and absolutely murders the poo poo out of everyone until he finally has a showdown with his nemesis, beats the gently caress out of him, kills him, and EATS HIM

You left out that until the point where "old man" and "kid" are CRUCIFIED and BRANDED WITH HOT IRONS until they die, the film is a breezy and zany Jackie Chan-style comedy about a lazy fishmonger, complete with pratfalls and slide whistles. Then the last 20 minutes are a bloodbath. The totally awesome techno-70s intro sequence alludes to this, at least - "Wow! He's crazy!"

How has no one mentioned

Fist of Legend

A remake of Fists of Fury, this film features Jet Li dislocating the shoulders of dozens of effete Japanese yuppies. People talked up thread about HK films where the enemy was an external occupying force rather than corrupt government or businessmen, and along with Li's "Born to Defence" this is one of the foremost examples of a Chinese hero raging against the foreign devils. That being said, the film is like 90% fight scene, and all of them are exceptional. The climactic confrontation between Li's character and an evil military boss takes up nearly a third of the runtime and completely destroys a multi-room set. Highly recommended, but pretty much pure aggro from moment one with no comedy and minimal character development.

moller fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

This is one of those hilarious quirks of early-mid kung fu cinema. I just watched Prodigal Son (1981), a lighthearted Sammo Hung action-comedy which features a scene where a few dozen sleeping men and women have their throats slashed, which goes on for a solid 5-10 minutes complete with gore effects and torrents of blood. :stonk:

I totally feel you on this point - Wong Fei Hung's faithful and stalwart assistant Foon being beaten to death, wrapped in a carpet, and thrown on the middle of the dinner table during a birthday party in the peking opera focused Dreadnaught being another example.

But Thundering Mantis really takes this juxtaposition further than most, to the extent that the characters in the film acknowledge it. The main bad guy becomes increasingly horrified as the main character begins to rip and eat the flesh from his exposed limbs in the middle of the final confrontation.

Badass Bad Guys:

Dreadnaught

Yuen Biao is a bit of a plucky underdog type in real life. He can be said to be the smallest in both stature and fame of the Three Lucky Stars - an Opera school clique comprised of Biao, Jackie Chan, and Sammo Hung. He seems to have spent most of his career typecast in that sort of role as well. In Dreadnaught he plays the "main character" Mousy, a timid launderer who aspires to be a glamorous opera star. He eventually learns washing-up kung fu from his domineering older sister, and that's about all I'm going to say about Mousy. The star of Dreadnaught is inarguably the titular Dreadnaught himself - The White Tiger. I haven't seen the film in a while so I'm a bit iffy on his (possibly sympathetic) backstory but it's not really important either. Under the direction of Yuen Woo Ping, The White Tiger roars into frame in pretty much every scene he appears in, destroying the set and his targets alike. Tiger spends most of the film wearing Opera style facepaint (I think representing a demon character?) which adds to the sheer freakiness of his sudden and unannounced murderous rampages. The final fight also takes place in a Peking Opera setting with pretty trippy sounds and visuals leading up to the point where Mousy finally vanquishes the White Tiger with laundry fu.

Oh, and Wong Fei Hung and Foon are in it but I forget why. I think Mousy fucks up their laundry or something.

Mystery of Chessboxing

The main character is... well, I can't remember. He's some Chinese guy with a shag haircut who ends up befriending an old man who knows Kung Fu and chess (well, Shogi). With the old man's tutelage, he goes on to challenge The Ghost Faced Killer. Oh man I love the Ghost Faced Killer. I'm pretty fond of Ghostface Killa too, I think he's the most consistently solid in terms of solo releases - Fishscale and Ironman are like two of my all time favorite hip hop albums. Ehr, nevermind.

Ghost Faced Killer is essentially a hitman working for himself. He was slighted in some serious way in the past and after several years is back to murderize the hell out of the dentists and second cousins of the people who slighted him. He has a massive head of shockingly white hair tied into a complex updo like a man attending a pain prom. He announces his presence and your impending demise by tossing a metal pendant with a demon's face embossed on it in your path. When this happens the characters in the dub exclaim "Ghost Faced Killing plate!" with the severity of a man who knows he's about to get his face kicked the gently caress off.

Ghost Faced's fighting technique is called Five Elements and has five different styles he switches between, paper-rock-scissors style, to counter any opponent. It also leads to him rolling around on the floor while sitting indian style and yelling "Gold absorbs water!" Blah blah blah nameless hero learns the chessboxing technique which has a countermove for every countermove and eventually by teaming up with the old man and fighting 2 on 1 is able to vanquish ghostface by crushing his larynx Road House style while flashing back to doing the same to a walnut while training. Freeze frame.

Other Stuff:

It's had many loving words said about it in this thread so far, so I don't feel like doing a full blurb about Snake in Eagles Shadow but it's probably my favorite martial arts film. I will just point out that the VHS copy of it I watched as a kid had a soundtrack made of stolen John Williams, Ennio Morricone, Vangelis, and Brian Eno tracks. The music for the training sequence where he had to catch eggs with the snake fist was from Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene. Also of note is that Jackie Chan's character kills a priest (who is really a FIGHTER! FROM RUSSIA!) by punching him in the balls so hard that he dies standing up.

EDIT: Oh, and on the topic of stolen soundtracks the version of Master of the Flying Guillotine I saw had a soundtrack comprised of NEU! and Kraftwerk tracks.

moller fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 23, 2014

moller
Jan 10, 2007

CloseFriend posted:

Man With the Iron Fists disappointed the gently caress out of me. RZA knew so much about the films he wanted to replicate but so little about what makes them tick.

I've never seen it. Can you place it on a watchability continuum with, say, Kill Bill and Crouching Tiger? For a comedy option include Kung Pow and What's Up, Tiger Lilly?

RZA is a talented musician and producer but in terms of actually bringing any sort of narrative content to Wu stuff, eh.

CloseFriend posted:

In all the movies I've seen, though, Sammo Hung ranks as one of my favorite stars. By several accounts, he worked haaaaaard to get to where he got.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Sammo Hung is just one of those absurdly talented people. Dude is a top tier comedy actor, action star, director, and choreographer. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me he did all the editing, scoring, and set design for his films too.

I could be completely off-base here or misled by propaganda but I'm led to hypothesize by reading between the lines of a few books about HK cinema that Sammo's 'hard work' comes from the same root as Jackie's ability to shrug off life-threatening injuries and continue filming. That root being the state-controlled opera school system that essentially kidnapped them and raised them as orphans under constant physical torture and hazing for the purpose of honing their acrobatic skills, like an institutionalized version of Béla Károlyi.

moller fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 1, 2014

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be dismissive of anyone's accomplishments, I was just alluding to the weird and sort of tragic shared backstory of the men, which Oracle explained better than I could.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Just a quick question, is there any particular reason no new, stable stars have emerged out of Hong Kong/China? I may be completely wrong about this, but it seems that all the martial arts stars that are leading men now were already big when I was a kid. Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen. Have there been big stars that just haven't made it to the West?

In addition to the answers offered by others, I'd also point to the Hong Kong handover that took place in 1997. Whatever the actual political effects were, an entire generation of veteran directors and actors bailed on HK for Hollywood which gave us The Matrix, Hard Target, Double Team, Shanghai Noon, Sammo's TV show, etc.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Anyone here ever see Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain? Is it any good?

I recall rather liking it. It's a Tsui Hark helmed wuxia of the same vintage as A Chinese Ghost Story. One thing that stood out to me were lots of special effects via painting on the frame, which I tend to find charming - so lots of laser beams and cartoon energy bats. It also has a man using his eyebrows as handcuffs and a wise giant chained to a rock by a hellmouth.

That being said, I think I might prefer Wong Jing's early 90s rip-off Kung Fu Cult Master. They have similarly inscrutable backstories but the latter has color coded ninjas and a giant decapitation machine.

Green Snake is another weird Tsui Hark wuxia worth seeking out, and (arguably) fulfills the earlier request for HK films with female leads.

vvv

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Pretty much anything with Tsui Hark involved is gonna be good times, honestly.

Double Team and Knock Off are both pretty astounding in their oddness and watchability.

moller fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 7, 2014

moller
Jan 10, 2007

No love for the third in the trilogy, Taoism Drunkard aka Drunken Thai Chi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJwfmk3nxCo&t=697s

It's the one I grew up with, and it has The Watermelon Monster. That has to count for something. I think it's also the one where Rat Face drives around in a mouse-shaped car made of bamboo. Not that I can keep the Yuen brothers comedies straight in my mind after seeing them all, since they're constructed of purestrain crazy.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Iron Monkey is good, but I've never understood why it's held in such crazy high esteem. Is it just because it was given a US release?

I'll watch anything with Wong Fei Hung in it, even if he's a babby. The villain was pretty cool too, flying sleeves is a fun gimmick.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The movie that Brigitte Lin tries to forget...

Tries to forget? I've seen Fantasy Mission Force at least a half-dozen times and I could only recall the loosest of plot outlines if pressed.

Fake Edit: james bond -> chick with rocket launcher -> scottish guy -> hopping vampires -> surf nazis -> everyone dies to camptown races

Real Edit: Creepy thumbnail, youtube.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And it has some of the most painful looking falls I've ever seen a stunt team do. I am constantly amazed nobody broke their back during filming.

Yuen Biao? As I was talking about earlier in the thread, it seems like he had a chip on his shoulder in terms of taking falls. Also, in a Jackie/Sammo/Biao film the only stunt players are the anoymous mooks as I understand it. The stars (Stars?) are doing all of their own.

Edit: oh, there was this fall -

fuckin ow

Oracle posted:

No, he's an arms dealer, and Jackie Chan is the world's least convincing lawyer. Also everyone is a kung fu master. EVERYONE.

Doesn't Sammo's character suffer a concussion and become, uh, "special needs" though in the film?

moller fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 26, 2014

moller
Jan 10, 2007

brocked posted:

Do the Razor Hanzo movies belong in this thread as well?

Personally I would lean towards no, because Hong Kong cinema and Japanese cinema are so different. Hanzo is a detective - do Three Seconds Before Explosion and A Colt is my Passport belong here? If we take the thread title literally, what are Hanzo's martial arts? He fights with a rube goldberg style bathroom full of traps and his well-trained information extracting endowment. He also has that jitte with the chain hidden in the handle but he uses that like twice in the three films.

That being said, I dunno if there's a Japanese cinema/crime cinema thread anywhere on CD.

I heartily recommend the trilogy to almost anyone, especially people who have seen some Zatoichi films. The legendary actor Shintaro Katsu who portrayed the blind masseur and friend of the downtrodden and outcast in 20-some films and multiple television series stars as Hanzo, a period detective. Picture every "loose cannon who gets results" crossed with a little James Bond and you're halfway there. The other half is sexual torture. Hanzo uses sexual torture both to purify himself of the corruption that he sees in law enforcement and as a primary means of persuading (female) witnesses to testify. I can't really explain this any better without it sounding weirder than it already does.

One weird rape trick discovered by a hardboiled cop - corrupt government officials hate him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e90sdrDNW0

Video is not safe for anywhere, really.

(I love the self-satisfied grin as he pounds himself with the club)

moller
Jan 10, 2007

brocked posted:

Now who's got some Karen Mok movies for me to watch?

I can never not recommend 1996s God of Cookery. Mok really gets to go crazy as obsessed Sik San fan and food truck owner Turkey, pounding pork and breaking into song about how she's willing to die for girls.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

In the version of the story I read at the time, he rode off on an elephant after pissing off said bosses. I hope that part is true.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

"Bone Incineration by Fire" is one of my favorite attack names in any HK flick. Although it's sort of misnamed since it reduces you to a skeleton.

vvv

Boinks posted:

the beams that shoot the skeletons out of people's bodies.

Hell yeah.

moller fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 8, 2015

moller
Jan 10, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I've seen the Miracle Fighters. God, what a ride. I'm scouring about for a copy of Shaolin Drunkard, so in the meantime, anyone have any other similar insanely OTT kung-fu recommendations? I have Buddhist Palm on my list, and have already seen Holy Flame of the Martial World.

Kung Fu Cult Master aka The Evil Cult
Mo: Boxer's Omen
The Story of Rikki
Holy Weapon
The Seventh Curse
Five Element Ninjas

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Just watched this after reading your post because I had it lying around. Holy moly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCUYfwFaD4

The starkiller reminded me of Stewart Gordon movies. I almost feel like the filmmakers were influenced by From Beyond and Hausu.

moller fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 3, 2015

moller
Jan 10, 2007

chaos rhames posted:

What's the weirdest depiction of a foreigner in a kung-fu film? Flying Guillotine has some good ones, especially the sinister japanese and thai fighters, but there's got to be stuff that goes way further into hilarious nationalism.

I meant to type up a blurb about this in a previous post I made on the topic of ultra-weird HK stuff, but for me any HK movie with Thai themes is automagically batshit. Thai people (and possibly Cambodians) are all wizards, apparently. I wish I could name more titles, but this is in Boxer's Omen, The Seventh Curse, Seeding of a Ghost, etc. If someone else more knowledgeable could address this I would be thrilled.

On a more sane note, the British in the Once Upon a Time in China series are pretty amusing, along with Americans in Jet Li's Born to Defense.

The Japanese in any HK film with "ninja" in the title are invariably aloof effeminate cheaters.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

That's the one that doesn't have an ending. They run after the main villain the movie just stops. Like they ran out of footage. It owns.

Believe it or not, Kung Fu Cult Master was based on a book from a popular wuxia novel series that began in the 1950s. It followed the plot of the book fairly closely. Wong Jing was planning to make sequels based on the rest of the books but the film didn't do well enough. There are fan translations of the novels floating around.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

There's that movie where Gordon Liu marries a ninja. It has a strong female lead and as far as I know, no one dies horribly. It's still mostly a Gordon Liu movie though, and Gordon is a snore to watch in action as always. Yoga and the Kung Fu Girl is also a chan-style kung fu comedy with a female lead, but it's kind of terrible.

Honestly the stuff that popped into my head (other than Wing Chun) were Heroic Trio, Holy Weapon, and Angel Terminators, but all of those have some pretty out-there themes going on. For whatever reason, Angel Terminators II is significantly less dark in subject matter than the first film.

Also I love the suggestion about Kung Fu moms. Fong Sai Yuk's mom and Wong Fei Hung's mom (in Drunken Master 2) are wonderful characters.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Guys, I just finished God of Cookery. What... what the gently caress did I just watch?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

I dare to go to hell to fight.
I'm willing to sacrifice for buddies.
I'm willing to die for girls.

I've never had this experience before.
The freshness of beef
with the sweetness of shrimps.
This combination
even better than royal dishes.
They're even better than
my first love memory.
Looking at the moon which
reminds me thinking of homeland.

Super-style cutting!
Supreme-style chopping!
Good Chopping!
So fast!
Eighteen-style frying!
Dog-beating sauteeing!
Good frying!

Good ''Flying Skills''!
The secret of ''Flying Skills''
it can make a man as heavy as a seal fly up high in the sky,
and make ghosts cry.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

I'm not entirely sure what I was on about when I wrote that. I think Gordon Liu is awesome in 'serious' movies like 8 Diagram Pole FIghter and Master Killer but I feel like he was sometimes shoehorned into indie-style kung fu comedies where he comes off as an aloof tryhard.

It actually worked in Heroes of the East because he was playing a straight man to the out-there supporting cast. But even in that film there were some instances - like his attempt to learn drunken boxing by having his entourage get beaten up by a Beggar So type - where his lack of slapstick ability was apparent. Of course, his character in that film was a snotty rich guy so it was arguably in character for him to be overly stiff and formal when attempting to imitate Lau Kar Leung's moves.

It's sort of like there are two clear archetypes for kung-fu protagonists: the polite, deadly, conflicted moralist (think Jet Li as Wong Fei Hung) and the good-natured loafer prodigy (think Jackie Chan as Wong Fei Hung) and never the twain shall meet.*

I realize it's quite a backpedal, but I don't think I was intending to say that Liu's fighting wasn't cool and exciting, just that his fighting wasn't funny. This is, of course, terribly subjective, and I assume someone can come up with a counterexample of Gordon Liu being a total crackup. I mean, he was pretty hilarious in Kill Bill.

*except in the Wong Jing directed Deadly China Hero

moller
Jan 10, 2007

This thread is the best thread because I make a lovely generalization and my punishment is several kickass recommendations.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Chow Yun Fat doing the world's greatest Chow Yun Fat impression [...]

I love Tiger On Beat, but I feel like this statement better describes his role in Ringo Lam's Full Contact.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

I like the one where he befriends a prostitute and pisses off the local mob by beating them at gambling.

moller fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 26, 2016

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Thirding Blind Fury being far far better than it had any right to be. Then again, with Rutger Hauer and Terry O'Quinn the deck was already stacked in its favor. I might even like it better than the Takeshi Kitano remake.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Theater nearby is showing Dragon Inn and A Touch of Zen on Saturday. Considering going but that's a long stretch of Fu. Any opinions?

They're also showing Zardoz after but that's not really related.

Assuming that's the '67 Dragon Inn given the film that it's paired with? I got to see that one in a theatre and it was a great experience. I always feel like it's a rare treat to see older HK films presented in that manner.

I'd take seeing Zardoz in a theatre over it any day of the week though, but that's just because I've never seen it (or any Boorman, for that matter) in a cinema.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Yeah 67 Dragon Inn and long cut of Touch of Zen. I didn't realize there were so many variations.

I've also seen Goodbye Dragon Inn in a theater, which is a movie about people seeing Dragon Inn in a theater.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Five Element Ninja has the best ending of all time.

I think it's actually Thundering Mantis.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

I feel stupid for not being able to find this with search, but a while ago someone in one of the MMA or maybe pro wrestling threads posted a clip of this old guy's video series of how awesome his martial arts skills are and it was all just him like waving his hand at someone three feet away and them falling over like you were supposed to believe you'd be shooting blasts of energy out of your hands if you were as good as this guy. It was absurdly fake looking with folks falling over or otherwise getting blown away conveniently. But then someone posted a clip of him fighting an actual martial artist who of course handily defeated him. Anyways the old guy seemed genuinely shocked his stuff wasn't working during this, does anyone have links to these or know what I'm talking about? Was this old guy a true believer? Are the 20~30 people he tosses around his videos all playing along with him knowing they're playing along? What was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUxPLIJVgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8

Name is Yanagi Ryuken, apparently.

When a "speed hypnotist" (or faith healer) puts his hand on an audience member and yells "Sleep!" or whatever, the vast majority of people put their head down because of overwhelming social pressure. It's much easier to not interrupt the performance that you've likely paid to attend. Now apply that reasoning to this guy's hand picked disciples, some of whom have been training with him for years - if you figure out early on he doesn't have magical chi powers you either speak up and get asked not to return or you justify it to yourself in the short term and then end up in a massive sunk cost fallacy. Who wants to have spent years of their life and presumably lots of money studying under a charlatan?

moller fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 5, 2016

moller
Jan 10, 2007

bitprophet posted:

Got any [Donnie Yen] specifics? I think at one point I had an implicit "...and if you like X actor, go dig up more of their work" but I'm well past that now.

FishBulb posted:

Taoism Drunkard

Remulak posted:

Iron Monkey

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Just watch Wing Chun.

moller fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 28, 2017

moller
Jan 10, 2007

I could be entirely wrong but it seems like the HK film industry were sort of on an ever-accelerating upward trajectory of topping themselves in the lead up to 1997 which was seen as sort of an extinction-level event looming on the horizon. Like, by the time Donnie Yen's career was hitting it's stride in the mid-90s some of his most talented peers were already pursuing escape plans.

Then again, a lot of what I consider my favorite 80s "Hong Kong" flicks were actually 100% Taiwanese productions, which is an entirely different kettle of fish.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

brocked posted:

Nah, it wasn't from Iron Monkey, it was the final fight in the movie...

Once Upon a Time in China 2 has both an umbrella fight and a fight where WFH kicks people's feet out from under them, but not in the same scene.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Rule #2 is the supernatural ghost flick isn't over until the witch explodes.

I hope you mean both the head and the body of the witch, since an exploding witch usually leaves you with an angry, flying head.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

The chicken vs centipede fight also happens in Wong Jings Once Upon a Time a Hero in China aka Deadly China Hero aka Last Hero in China, which is about about Wong Fei Hung accidentally expanding Po Chi Lam into a building that sits next to a brothel.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Oh god a restoration of BOXER'S OMEN. Wish they were doing Bewitched too, but I'm all over that day one.

Edit: The print of Boxer's Omen I have that, uh, fell off a truck was already very good. But there's no BluRay and the DVD is $Texas.

moller fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 19, 2018

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Goddamnit, I need Boxer's Omen on BluRay.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Miracle Fighters, Taoism Drunkard, and Shaolin Drunkard are generally considered a trilogy.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What would you guys say are the absolute best Hong Kong Jackie Chan movies? I'm trying to decide which ones I need to see next. I've seen:

Drunken Master I & II
Supercop (or Police Story III)
My Lucky Stars
Fantasy Mission Force
Police Story I and II plus that recent one that wasn't very good
City Hunter
Who Am I?
Little Big Soldier
Mr. Nice Guy
The Accidental Spy

I once watched Armour of God but was literally so sick I passed out in a hallway about halfway through. I've heard good things about Dragons Forever, Thunderbolt, and GREAT things about Meals on Wheels. Am I missing anything?

Also, will Pedicab Driver ever get a decent release in NA? Watched it once and loved it but I've heard it's notoriously tough to get a hold of.

Snake in Eagle's Shadow, Drunken Master II, Wheels on Meals, Dragons Forever.

Armor of God is kind of a slog but you get to see Jackie almost die if you're into that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How's the selection of Kung Fu on Amazon Prime?

Watch Wheels on Meals.

They have a bunch of Sammo/Yuen Biao movies at the moment - Dreadnaught, Magnificent Butcher, Prodigal Son, Knockabout, Eastern Condors.

Also Five Element Ninja & 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

Edit: Oh, most/all of them are dubs. Ouch. Watch Wheels on Meals and Dreadnaught anyway.