Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CloseFriend posted:

Enter the Dragon (1973)

Enter the Dragon marks the beginning of Hollywood's relationship with martial arts films: Warner Bros. and Golden Harvest teamed up to make it happen. Unfortunately, it also marks the end of Bruce Lee's career, as he died less than a week before its release. Co-star Jim Kelly passed just last month.
Considering this film's status as America's first big-budget flirtation with this style of film, I find its subtle use of Yellow Peril characterization apropos. It also has inimitable Bruce Lee action that reaches a fever pitch in the famous, unforgettable mirror-hall climax.

I think the only Kung-Fu film I like as much as this is The Chinese Connection/Fist of Fury (you might find it under either), just for pacing. But I still think I prefer Enter The Dragon. The "art of fighting without fighting" scene is a favorite of mine to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU