Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The Kid with the Golden Arm is on Netflix, and it looks FANTASTIC. This along with the 5 Deadly Venoms and the # Cripped Masters were always running on local TV when I was a kid. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I avoided Iron Monkey for ages, probably due to the cover, but it's terrific so far. Sneaking in the identity of the kid is great, they give you both halves of his name separately first, so it's something you need to catch.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Masked Avengers is on Netflix too, one of the really nice shaw-scope versions that started showing up last month (and that have occupied most of my free time).

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Police Story 3: Supercop.
A Touch of Zen
Lady Whirlwind

There is that other one with I think 7 women that's well known, at the climax they all climb together and fight in formation, can't remember the name.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The Flying Guillotine print on Hulu is one of the most amazing things I've seen in my life. And I look at cool images for a living.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Oracle posted:

You are missing Dragons Forever
Great one, Wheels on Meals has those three as well and I saw it streaming someplace a coupla years ago. I'd add Sammo's Pedicab Driver, if you can find it, and Police Story 2, which not only has insane Pre-CGI fire gags but also serves as the 'inspiration' for the best stunt in Bad Boys 2.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Samuel Clemens posted:

Unless we're thinking of a different stunt, that scene's in the original Police Story.
Ha ha, that's funny as hell, I am clearly thinking of a different gag, the Police Story 2 opening scene where they crash downhill through a shantytown.

What are you thinking of?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Mr. Vampire 2 (he's in 1 as well as a jiang-shi),
Aha, If you've never seen a Mr Vampire, or any other 'hopping vampire' movie, you're in for a treat!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
And every time there's no movement you expect a freeze-frame.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’ve been told that the incredible stunt work on late 20th-century Hong Kong was an interesting side effect of free high quality health care.

Somebody gets busted on-set they don’t care, they get free healin’ and are back to work a few days/months later.

Please don’t fact-check me.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Pedicab Driver x100.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

G-III posted:

I'm so mad that the only copy I can find of this with english subtitles is on VCD while there's an HD version out with only german and cantonese subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7drDmrQ8f8

Goddamn, I saw that on VHS, it’s tragic, like The Godfather with Kung-Fu, and crap I forgot how great the fighting was.

Also Goddamn film is amazing, so glad somebody saved a print.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The other day I remembered watching a presumably Japanese martial arts movie that has swastikas EVERYWHERE, on the uniforms (karate style) the temple floor and walls, everywhere. Yeah these were the good guys. I saw it on TV in the early 80’s. Ring a bell for anybody?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Goddamn that movie is pure joy.

That kid’s one-handed brick stacking trick is amazing, that’s some real hk opera school stuff, I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
To me Pedicab Driver was the one that showed him as a star. I haven’t seen all of the movies listed but probably will soon!

Fantasy Mission Force is a gas tho.