Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Another good Gordon Liu movie is Heroes of the East (aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja), where Gordon Liu is forced to fight basically every Japanese martial artist on Earth because of a wacky misunderstanding. I think it has like a dozen duels with everything from fists to swords to darts to Ninja gadgets and poo poo, but the tone is also a bit lighter and it has more comedy than some other famous kung fu films of that period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Haywire owns, but a lot of it is slower paced and more serious than you might expect. It's not like Taken where everything is a pretext for constantly murdering scumbags.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

moller posted:

There's that movie where Gordon Liu marries a ninja. It has a strong female lead and as far as I know, no one dies horribly. It's still mostly a Gordon Liu movie though, and Gordon is a snore to watch in action as always.

That's Heroes of the East, aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja. It's pretty funny, and IIRC nobody dies and it's basically bloodless.

Also Gordon Liu is great. :mad:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Neurophage posted:

Lau Kar-Leung is my favorite kung fu director. 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Drunken Master, Eight Diagram Pole Fighter and especially Dirty Ho range from great to best-of-their-genre.

Also Heroes of the East.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

What up

Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits

Gonna be wild to see The Big Boss in quality better looking than "bootleg VHS transfer."

:drat: