Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTallMan
May 1, 2011

Boooooyyyyyyy!!!
This played like every Wan movie that I've seen. I liked about 80% of it. I keep going to see his films because I am sure that somewhere lurking inside him there is a REALLY good movie. It just hasn't surfaced yet. That being said, I do think this is his best outing to date. It works reasonably well as a throwback to haunted house movies from the 70s and 80s. While the script was weak, the acting was okay. A little corny, but that's to be expected. I liked the slow burn, but found the ending to be way over the top. When I was a kid the local science and industry museum had a hurricane simulator. They filled the room up with foam blocks, gave you a pair of industrial earmuffs, and cranked the wind. The last 20 or so mintues of this movie had the same sort of effect on me. It was neat for the first minute or two, then it was just an unsteady cam filming a lot of poo poo flying around. Again, there was enough here to keep me entertained and I will surely go see his next feature, but in the end it was just okay.

3.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU