Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The only city riding I’ve done is SF, but even that I can’t imagine someone never ridden before going out on a scooter and having a good time yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Elviscat posted:

I wish USAA would insure my bikes, I've been in a couple.not-at-faults with them, and they'll pay out with a waived deductible within a couple days. You tend to pay upfront for this privilege though.

Wait this is not the case? When I first inquired I was directed to progressive due to them saying they didnt insure new motorcycle riders, but I am coming up on being able to switch back to USAA for auto insurance this September after 5 long years and was hoping to roll the motorcycle back in with them too

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sagebrush posted:

yeah turns out liability insurance on a vehicle that will only kill you if you crash it is pretty minimal

Very true, but when I went to get full coverage on my brand new bike I was reminded how one lay down totaling a vehicle affects those rates! I pay more to insure my MT09 than I do for my Mazda3

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The thing I don’t get about CARB is that they even prevent me from shipping an exhaust to the state, but literally after it leaves the showroom floor there is zero check on anything. Like cars at least have SMOG which is an emissions test and a visual inspection for all CARB compliant components. Just seems so weird to me to not even have any sort of inspection on bikes. I’m not exactly complaining per se, but it’s just odd to me, especially with how little motorcycles really account for in the grand scheme of the state and pollution.

Let me order a dang exhaust!!!

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 30, 2020

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Toe Rag posted:

It's also apparently illegal to ship/sell kangaroo leather to/in California. I didn't know this until today. This law seems to be largely ignored. It seems so arbitrary.

:wtc: I just don't even understand that one at all. Is that some PETA poo poo?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Jazzzzz posted:

For whatever reason a lot of Japanese bikes lose their flash-to-pass switches in US trim

My MT09 still has it at least, it's v useful!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

FBS posted:

useful for anything in particular? :confused: I only use mine to flicker at people who cut me off but that's not "useful"

I use it (in combo with blinker) to let people know I am going to pass them on a two lane road, which is basically 90 of my riding. Sometimes it results in people letting off the gas and moving over a bit to make it extra easy.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

A couple years ago I caught a bee in the neck on the freeway and that poo poo was not fun at all, big rear end whelp on my neck that stung like a...b when I got in to the office.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Strife posted:

Unfortunately the people who would benefit from this the most are too stupid to understand it. It was not hard to wear a mask and distance yourself while there, but maybe that’s just because I’m from a state with strict policies and am not willing to die to see Smashmouth.

I mean how many also won't wear a helmet? And that's something that is purely self beneficial!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

S1000RR?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Razzled posted:

being not a dick is key, but just lol at getting mad at other bikers for speeding

Yep this exactly

MomJeans420 posted:

On my local canyon roads (that are now going to be closed indefinitely due to our fires this season) I just do the "I'm exiting the track" arm thing and slow down while moving to the right edge of the lane, so a faster rider can safely share the lane with me and pass even on a turn. On the freeway you should be able to pass someone without coming that close, unless it's a Harley rider refusing to pull to the side for a second when they're splitting lanes too slowly and you want to get by. Not all Harleys obviously, but it's always a Harley (and for some reason it ALWAYS happens to me on the same freeway, the 5S heading to San Diego but already south of OC). Although cut too close to a patched rider at your own risk, I just split lanes the next lane over if necessary.

I only have anecdata of riding Valley SoCal freeway but I found in general other riders in LA were a lot better about keeping track of faster riders coming up behind them while splitting. I don't like splitting in LA though with how the carpool lanes are painted and treated, too much paint and separation.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I mean those Altas or whatever are honestly pretty sick. And I don’t know why but I’m way more open to EV bikes than cars in terms of me accepting them.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I wish I were living in COMMIEFORNIA another one of those times it would be awesome if the accusation were true

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I am so confused what is even being ranted about now

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:laffo:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Yuns posted:

Despite all it's other issues my first gen MV Agusta F4S has a metal tank although all the new F3 ones are plastic.

That is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, I am jealous.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Jazzzzz posted:

I ordered Nitron suspension bits for my FZ-09 because I was tired of the factory parts set up for a 140lb miniature person, and I specified "I want a PLUSH street ride" in the notes section of the order form I still ended up with something that's far better suited for track than street. Of course it's better than stock but is still far too firm and will kick you out of the seat on good bumps. I guess they're used to street Rossi wannabes?

Yammie Noob did own one afterall...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

gently caress I hope he makes it. People crossing over really fucks with me and I hate it.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 15, 2020