Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Big flying insects are like a grape being shot at your head.

Big flying insects are like big flying insects being shot at your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Linedance posted:

welcome back human being.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dang

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I crashed my truck so yeah drivers are getting worse

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

captainOrbital posted:

Aphex V-Twin.

yes

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

Decided to start changing my own tires.

Okay, two hours later I got the new rear tire mounted. Can't get the bead to set, it's midnight and I'm sure my neighbors have loved hearing the song of my compressor's people the last twenty minutes. I'll try again in the morning.

Oh man, front's are even worse. Tire lube, taking small bites, and getting the tire to the drop center is the holy trinity. Also put the tire in the sun for a while beforehand.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

primitive posted:

Still makes me carry everything in my panniers though :(

She keeps using her clutch too much when going out

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

There is no way you are doing that the correct/easiest way

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I got some schmutz on my lens

https://gfycat.com/RaggedConsiderateCormorant

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah, Pinochet pretty much took care of that.

...drat

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Usually they charge 40 bucks for suspension setup at the track day that you've already paid for. that sounds like a deal. don't gently caress up your tire pressure as he's real big on that.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

MomJeans420 posted:

Looks like we found the problem. Didn't see the nut anywhere inside the fairings, and I checked the ground yesterday, so for all I know it fell off a while ago and sprocket stayed on for a while. I couldn't get it back in without getting more slack in the chain, but I'm swamped at work so I'm just towing it home and I'll deal with it later.

*edit*
I suck at imgur on my phone

what the gently caress. Are the threads on the countershaft hosed from spinning against the inner teeth of the front sprocket while you were putting the bike in first and letting out the clutch? wouldn't that make a hosed up noise?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I have a Yamaha trombone

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Nice sunny day so I decide I'll bust out the bandit and do some riding and tuning. All goes well for an hour, then I go to start the bike and the starter clutch is somehow completely blown now despite the bike having low mileage and there never even being a hint of a problem with it. Normally they play up and deteriorate over time, not just decide to completely stop working out of the blue.

And it's a genuine only part that costs $700 I don't have :suicide:

This comes right after my little Honda decided it didn't need it's spark plug thread anymore and my car decided it doesn't need to keep the oil and water separate anymore. gently caress my life I'm sorely tempted to yard sale all my vehicles at a massive loss and just buy an SV.

You should buy something reliable like a ktm

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

but he is, he's just stuck in new zealand

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

popping boingers is fun but goopy and smelly

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Hell yeah hail satan

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

imagine getting into a physical fight. loving cool as hell

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

that's a great way to get your rear end kicked

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

gently caress the police

*buys hitler bikes*

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

are you culpable if you fix someone's hit and run damage?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Also I don't know about other countries but in America, even in California, there's a non-zero chance that any line of cars will have a patriot who's individual duty is to keep the status quo.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The Iannone Method

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Dipsticks allow the manufacturer to change the oil capacity post release. Thank you triumph for your inegenuity

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Were you in a barbershop quartet?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

It was just weird as hell to see the exact same story in r/motorcycles and then in here like I had a stroke. Like that time someone posted how they sold a cbr250 in CA and then the new owner posted a "I just crashed my new bike" thread on Reddit.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Canlis deez nutz

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Adding to Skull chat I just picked up a DRZ400sm with these babies on them

The seller also had another bike for sale a Ninja ZX1000 so I bought both

...for a G each. This potentially is the best CL deal I've ever gotten

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Two bikes sitting under tarps for 3 years unused. The CL ad was for the Suzuki, no pictures and very brief and I emailed within 20 minutes of it posting. The first guy to respond flaked out so he reached out to me and when I got there I saw the other bike and asked "what about that one?" bam sold. the kawi starts up no problem after hooking up a new battery. The drz turns over but hasn't fired up yet so that one I'm gonna have to actually do some work. I point blank said "You know this is a really good deal right?" but he just wanted them gone from the side of the apartment so I wasn't gonna press the issue.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

lol the vins are clean I checked!

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Gonna be stressing til those titles come in the mail

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Got both bikes running today but there are two issues:
1) The Ninja 1000 does not respond after 1/4 throttle. The rpm's don't rise at all. I get an FI code of 32 which is like stuck butterflies or something so boohoo I have to take the tank and airbox off to figure that out.
2) The DRZ's carb boots do not make me confident that they are seated correctly and that's just annoying.
In any case still pumped with the deal and the cops haven't knocked on my door yet. My anxiety says it's a clever way for someone to get their non-running bikes running again; Just sell them to someone that will fix them and then report them stolen after they're fixed. whatever I got plates and registration for them and requisite burnouts:
https://streamable.com/04hzbg
https://streamable.com/7c4lmz

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Teslas I worry around because my anecdotal evidence is that anyone I know that bought a Tesla were never interested in driving cars before and I don't believe they're gonna be good at it

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Also sometimes they're empty? :shrug:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

If they didn't put a hand out immediately acknowledging that they hosed up then that would warrant a chit-chat in B-group. Since it's C-group that's way too close for most org's rules on ~6ft passing and probably still requires a chit-chat regardless of acknowledgement.

Now, this is a little victim-blamey, and every rider is fully within their right to use the entire track, but I generally don't use the entire track on straightaways for this exact reason. There's plenty of times a faster rider behind has made the decision to pass and I don't want to put myself in their way. Again it would be entirely that other person's fault if an incident happened but it could help prevent it from happening.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh I mistook the hand signal as him saying I did something wrong, that makes more sense.

A leg out or arm out after a dodgy pass is the universal sign for "sorry dawg that was messed up of me and I want you to know that I know that". It is extremely lovely/rare that someone would make a sign of 'what the gently caress' at you and it would be unmistakable (Like they full on turn around and look at you with a finger pinching motion)

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

*Skids into the wall*

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Strife posted:

Crushing other riders' heads should be outlawed on the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Are those dummy thicc rings or a super tiny piston?