Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007
Solar powered raspberry pi that will serve up interactive fiction in the middle of the desert.

Why people bring their mobile devices to the middle of the desert I will never know. But if I can take advantage of that for ~~ arts ~~ then so be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

last night i rage-shopped at radio shack and paid $4.99 each for two 2200uf caps. then i paid several more dollars for some perfboard.

i went home and miraculously found a fuckin' matched pair of 7805 and 7905 regulators. i have my mixer PSU board about 1/3 done, tonight i just need to solder some more parts on and see if it will resurrect my old mixer, so i can write and play music again, because i'm dying without it

I almost rage shopped some capacitors at radio shack the other day. Instead I drove to Fry's, paid less for the caps, but probably spent the difference in gas money. I'm going to have to do the same for more resistors because I can't for the life of my find the right pairs in my stash to make the voltage dividers I need.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007
Learning about electronics is fun.

Little things like common ground for everything. And that backpower is a real thing you need to account for in your designs. I'm amazed I didn't let any magic smoke out yet.

I've also decided that since I have all this solar poo poo I'm going to run our internet connection and bedroom electronics with it starting in the fall.