Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I make pottery and have been making it for a year and few months now. All marketing is dumb poo poo insta feels so I don’t really have anything set up except my posting in various discords and here now I guess

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
not trying to say buy my book more yelling at clouds about the state of socials and showing your craft these days

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
this week was firing a gas kiln with soda ash. a lot of these are in a glaze called galactic indifference which rules as a name

jar

garlic jar

1 half of a ramen bowl set

would you like a hug?

tortoise and hare, race epilogue

cup with carbon trapping and blue flashing

chatter and slip tea bowl

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
sold two pots

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
dm me your insta if you have one! I’ve started the making your own glazes journey this year. have a bunch of amaco stuff I have to get through though

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
my group finished clank legacy and I made mugs for our characters to celebrate

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

distortion park posted:

These are awesome! Do you throw and fire at home or in a pottery workshop? I've did a few sessions in a workshop when I lived in London but don't have one conveniently nearby anymore :(

the dream is a home studio but for now i have a membership to a 24/7 access studio. they have some glazes and do the firing. ive recently started making my own glazes (most of those are store bought except the brown on Delores). took classes for about 6 months before we moved.

i take occasional workshops (recently beast sculpture & soda firing) and going back to class for some intermediate/advanced instruction next month. most things can be learned from YouTube once you get the basics down.

you can totally hand build at home! i do sculpture at home. YouTube has some “how to clean up” videos. look around for a studio that fires outside work.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Finally starting to learn how to light box

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

namlosh posted:

nice, can you post a pic of your setup?

wish i could help but it's some cheapo thing from amazon the studio bought and me playing with iphone settings + pixlr

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
have time to do more of this fancy stuff now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Idiot because I ruined the back, so you only get the front

My aunt asked to buy it, told her someone has already spoken for it and then asked for a family discount when I said I can make another and quoted her a price.

:|