Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Werthog 95 posted:

dear people making idiot spare time programs: plz post the source for us idiots

if it's awesome we can learn something

if it's dumb it serves as further proof that even dumb code can produce cool poo poo

it's kinda maybe going to be a turn-based kinda-hockey board game thing. i tend to rewrite it from scratch every so often. done in haskell. has hexes.

https://github.com/Swooshed/Fight-puck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i guess i lucked out then because my undergrad was math + compsci and i got far enough in that when i decided that i didn't really want to do math anymore that i could just ride it out and get an okay mark

e: right, i'm going to stop doing work at home and start updating that game again

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 6, 2014

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
current game status:

(gif recorder only does 10 fps for some reason??, the actual movement is smooth)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
when i said "rewrite from scratch every few months" i wasn't kidding

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
spent 3 hours attempting to do trig then remembered that http://www.redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/ existed and did it in 20 mins. don't math while exhausted kids.

e: poo poo just noticed that the bottom-right section of the selected hex is still black. gently caress.
e2: changed the compression

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 7, 2014

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i blame the compression on the gif cam for making my hexes look weird, they're fine on my screen
e: that's better

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 7, 2014

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

are you my supervisor? I wake up basically every day to 1-2 long, rambling, self-contradictory emails full of buzzwords

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

look at it this way: you go and see a shrink and one of two things happen:
1) you are certified unschizophrenic in which case great that's a step forwards to being taken more seriously
2) you are certified schizophrenic in which case great that's a step forwards to getting help

which do you think will happen?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
so when are we going to be able to do that with the colour of the car itself?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
there have probably been worse accidents since which were blamed on faulty machinery that were actually faulty software

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

im working on a quine based operating system, gin and tonic and tea and brewing, if you will. quinine.

imagine twelve monkeys on macbook pros and iphones and ipads at the operating system factory mashing buttons in the test suite while the code janitors have snuck off to get pad thai and drinks.

but if the monkeys in the test suite had a git commit history, and a repo, and somewhere to stash their changes...

you could make a slightly less lovely operations system

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Symbolic Butt posted:

it's useless

yospos is cursed with mr superawesome's posts till the end

there's a lot more yosposters with mental problems more conducive to suicide than schizophrenia

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
don't let anybody else see that you've got it or they'll want it and then everybody will have it in a week then management will find out and ban it which people will ignore then IT will get involved

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i haven't touched a piano in like 4 years, i got to grade 5 when i was in college

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bloody posted:

what about k-meleon and konqueror :smuggo:

or lynx, browser of the great rms

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Symbolic Butt posted:

don't worry fellas, if I start thinking I'm the next ramanujan I'll see a doctor

no don't summon them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

Ok here's my idiot spare time project:

1. Use ffmpeg or learn some image processing and automate the creation of new "it's free real estate" gifs with proper bottom text that doesn't look crappy
2. Register "itsafree.house"
3. Turn it into a web service and puts ads on it
4. Spread the word.

I'm going to wait until I finish step 1 before doing step 2 because step 2 costs $30 dollars. Nobody steal that domain please.

I saw the other day that loving hacker typer has ads on it now. Rip.