Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im building a lil cabin in the woods, as detailed in the DIY thread of the same name

also still tinkering with the mill & lathe but that stuff has taken a back seat for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

spankmeister posted:

i have an interest in nuclear physics but it's not like you cab build a reactor in your back yard.

there was this one kid who kinda did but it didn't really end well

he bought old smoke detectors wholesale and got the americum-241 out and built a contraption with lots of tin foil

in doing so he irradiated half the neighbourhood

his reason for doing all that was trying to get a scout merit badge

lol

he didn't irradiate half the neighborhood and the overreaction against this kid was as sickening a display of cowardly torches & pitchforks as I can remember.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Best Christmas posted:

was gonna say "you could be a teacher" but I have no clue if america has shop classes

y...you all have shop classes right. like you have one for woodworking and one for autoshop etcetc and you have to do one for a semester by requirement so it gets kids who might have never touched equipment to try it

I swear to god if you don't have those

we got rid of most of those during the 80s

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

sports posted:

loving what u do makes u burn out quicker

i dont know if that's true but i do know that doing what you love as a 9-5 is a great way to destroy that love.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

build a cloud chamber from all that crap left over from O/Cing your pentium back in '99

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Cloud-Chamber-using-Peltier-Coolers/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

coffee cake would also be acceptable

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

my wife will not shut up about this game and constantly implores me to find it on emulator

dark stalkers is a Quality Fightin Game and you should get it for her

pretty sure there's mame roms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

you have been hosed by a grue