Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i sperged out and did some silly poo poo with zsh: https://github.com/skroll/zeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
finished this:

http://skroll.org/smoker.png refreshes every 10 seconds

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

coffeetable posted:

cool. have you tested how high it can go

e: also what's the orange line if not one of the probes

orange line is the temp of the smoker.
green line is temp of the meat.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also i dont really want it to go above 225 except unless im making a turkey or something.

i got room for 2 other probes for meat still. not sure if ill ever cook that much (i will).

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i posted about this before but someone requested more info about it so i wrote a lot of dumb text about it

my yospos as hell smoker set up: http://imgur.com/a/JxwpO

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

BiohazrD posted:

crip eatin bread is (was?) a joke account ffs

you take that back

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
when i order from digikey i always order like 10x what i need because im afraid something is gonna slip out of the box while it ships to me

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I got one of these and holy poo poo if you need an adjustable wrench this is where it's at:

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-85-610-10-Inch-MaxGrip-Adjustable/dp/B00009OYGZ

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i sorta want babby's first logic analyzer but i need something that will support differential input (for CAN lol).

what are my options, yospos

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Luigi Thirty posted:

floppy disks suck and i hate them. i'm upgrading to... ZMODEM

last time i used zmodem was around 1996 and i didnt really know much about it other than "this is what you use to download linux isos from BBSes"

then i looked up the spec and holy poo poo is it simple.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
icemodem cause you could chat with the sysop during transfers

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
synology loving rules.

gently caress dealing with anything else imho

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
my old man got me a hakko 937 as a gift like 10 years ago and it's still loving awesome

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
just make sure its a cloudy day so god wont be able to see what you're going to do

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
hell yeah

now get that tenure

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
to put it simpler:

kodi is android

plex is iphone

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
kodi is for poors that want to spend a ton of time micromanaging a consumer device

plex is for people who just want to pay the $5 or whatever it is and not worry about it anymore.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
aw shucks

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i bought it, its fun

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Eeyo posted:

anyway, what's a good place to buy a handful of bolts and such? i don't want to order a pack of 100 #8 bolts, i only want a few.

isn't there any nearby hardware stores?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Sniep posted:

yeah like Ace is where you go to get single bolts and nuts

they have the walls of bins where you just count out exactly what you need in those awful little plastic bags that the ballpoint pens wont write on unless you get lucky and your store has the old paper style bags

plus you can bring in whatever you have and make sure the threading is correct and to pick up a washer in case you need it, etc.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

QuantumPotato posted:

also maybe this is a Metro Detroit thing, but we have fastener stores here. like, we have multiple grainger, parker, and fastenal locations, but there's also there's also independent places like https://www.metricsunlimited.com/. of course we only have one electronic component store and they charge 3x what it costs to buy online including shipping, so maybe that's the trade-off.

shouts out to the true value hardware at auburn and crooks where they have more fasteners than you could ever imagine.

the guy running it didnt even need to look at the numbers, he could eyeball the sizes (and he got them right) plus the price. place owns.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
frentz and sons in royal oak is also pretty good, and still is independent.

most of the time i just go to Ace next to the eagle's club, so i can grab a shot and a beer whenever i need to pick up screws.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

tfw when you hear an adult murmur “righty right lefty loosy” when using a screwdriver

jokes on them, i have 3 different things in my house i intentionally put left-handed threaded fasteners on, so after i die someone's gonna have a hard time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

i use a micro focus product for a specific client and their terminal emulator sucks donkey dick