Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Changing diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Rude. posted:

2 months ago I helped my brother with a project.

cool

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i wanna do a aquaponics thing that would be cool

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
im in the process of learning powershell (lol) and today i hacked together a script that drainstops and reboots each node in a NLB cluster one at a time after disabling monitoring and then when its done it should reenable monitoring again. the hardest part was figuring out how to make powershell play nice with the : character. ended up doing this

code:
cmd.exe /c "wlbs drainstop $($Clustername):$($Servername)"
lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

stoutfish posted:

aren't you a little old to be getting gifts?

aren't you a little fat to still be alive?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
owns

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

nah the city has a lovely non-dynamic "updated every 10 minutes" page that i scrape, sanitize and then poo poo into mysql. then a separate thing tweets it

is this just for ur hometown or are u adding other places?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
we dont have one of those :(

i like ur idea tho

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

dumb

i think the 2013 x86 or x64 are the relevant ones. welp

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

thats the one u want

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I dunno but it's the one I always see used

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Glans Dillzig posted:

hey yospals

gonna be (attempting) to build a robutt to fetch me a beer. starting off small (aka not opening the fridge and getting it, just off the ground or something) but hopefully eventually i can make it work.

no i have no experience with any of this poo poo

it's gonna own

lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i posted about this before but someone requested more info about it so i wrote a lot of dumb text about it

my yospos as hell smoker set up: http://imgur.com/a/JxwpO

owns

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
my radioshack still has a small parts bin and also I saw that arduino kit you were talkin about

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
gmaerfuel

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

BiohazrD posted:

Build your own rc car!

I found a bunch of old laptop batteries for cheap, ripped out the 18650s and built a 4s8p battery pack

I'm currently designing a frame and I'm gonna 3D print a bunch of parts, buy a couple of super high torque motors and make a skid steer monster

Basically a grown up version of this

i had this thing and it was loving awesome for like 7 minutes at a time

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
look cosely. there is no left/right controls. the left throttle is for the 2 left wheels and right is for the 2 right wheels. mega ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

lol