Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

made an anroid app that runs an analyzer+voiceprint for whatever audio is playing on the device

it's p much a rewrite of a thing i'd made for linux a while ago

doesnt work on sarnsung s3's lol

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

made a pretty fast markov chain library in cpp, then more recently got around to making a python+beautifulsoup wrapper to fetch and insert sa threads

here's the first few lines i got for this thread:

quote:

and then do it for years and that's what is the best: adlib gold 1000

i mean obviously reading stuff's worthwhile (just got my smart dog book) but i dont thnbink ive ever used a 1kohm as the msp launchpad at $22 but transistors seem like they'll turn out it'll let me get back to my hometown's polytech to learn to ejaculate without touch your penis (either directly or indirectly)

what u REALLY need is this mosfet only useful classes. i have

I have zero motivation as a diode with a uC and it was exactly like a week on anything at all. u may not turn your head 45 degrees and look 90 or grinding head in the code, and after telling the driver to the mix good I can see how this works 99% of the people who think they're cool. Like, I'd just be hard to find the ideal equation for it right now, doing what your doing it once my compound objects got to lose motivation and the FartOwnerId automatically created for you

but yeah its a mechanical demux hth

ahh that's gonna be a good minute or so ago they were soldered. barf

also bitcoins instead of the cycle proceed automatically. did he do it? no, "i need to share the new members of the wood to about the color cycling, it's best to restrict your cycling to two probes. if/when a blowoff tube, so lots of Grolsch in flip tops and reuse the bottles. flip tops own for debugging using step into, but you are clearly a man that doesnt have iodine added if you can, that generally improves the converted quality at all

lol as if i'm doing reading on how much you need, and these days

10A at 12v-14v isn't really all that poo poo

Anyway, soldered it all there. might as well get in your designs. I'm amazed I didn't quite mean people like you suggested but stil didn't realy like the diagram says to do stuff like I used http://www.policyalmanac.org/games/aStarTutorial.htm when I have a good powered hub is probably complicated as gently caress - gimme some fuckin hot air thing is halfway done, gotta do my own operating system is in series and/or parallel.

(didn't bother having the fetcher be logged in while fetching so swearing is filtered out :( )

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doc Block posted:

.ogg doesn't play in mosaic

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doc Block posted:

my beautiful amiga has been tainted by netscrape

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

godzilla fireball

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i'm gonna make an operating system

u wot m8

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

nice gang tag

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I am being completely serious here: this reads exactly like something you would see scrawled on a sign held by a crazy man with a megaphone. Schizophrenia often manifests itself sometime in the person's late teens through their 20s. Please at least go and get yourself checked out.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Unless posted:

=
the inside is a combination workzone and shop during the week:

it looks like there arent any ikeas in NM but maybe get some cheap chairs/stools from target or smth because imo those ones dont look terribly comfy

but otherwise mega jelly gj

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

enotnert posted:

I also have plans for screening in the carport, cause you just can't live in the south without a screened in porch.

you really cant thats like the only positive

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

enotnert posted:

3d films look good while buzzed.

3d films make one vomit when hammered.

The more you know.

did u forget to wear the glasses

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

hm yes in the modern cinema. wikipedia writes,

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

enotnert posted:

fence status

Neighbor real mad, he's been stomping on and off up and down his driveway staring at it

hows the property line dispute goin

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

a long time ago i wrote a program to push text (with a rudimentary font/color syntax) to scrolling text led signs

its got stocks and news headlines and charlie chan quotes and whatever else can be scraped and printed to stdout

after about a year at cur job i finally got around to making some scraper scripts for stuff relevant to there, eg build status, any recent pages, current/peak qps for the day, so its now set up and scrolling

anyway thats my story

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 16, 2017

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ya ive thought of making a newer vid but half the blue led elements have burned out since then (i have it mostly use the r/g elements now)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

heheh probe

whats it probing anyway

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

dang thats a lot of labels, i havent even considered labeling

so far ive made two kits:

the first one was caribou slobber (same one you made?): i liked it a lot, apparently my friends didnt as much (as i discovered with the second one). ended up drinking most of this myself. in the first fermentation the yeast went loving crazy within 24h and blew the top, then blew bubbles for hours when i switched it to a larger tube

the second one is this bourbon porter. i think its a little too sweet but everyone seems to really like it, preferring it over the first one. therefore its been lasting a while as i gradually bring bottles to friends/parties. took a while longer to make because of the bourbon soak step, i used bulleit bourbon.

for the second batch i got larger, flip-top bottles. i have a 12pk of pints and a 12pk of 1Ls, and more recently a growler like this one except from russian river and for like a third as much. i used these for the second batch and they take approx 0 time/effort to cap now. they also recap just fine too, less carbonation on the 2nd use but still good. downside is you would want them back when the party's over but this is more apparent with flip tops than with normal capped bottles, and worst case you can buy them individually from eg world market anyway

also the first time took a lot longer, but i took notes on where the liquids/containers/tools should go throughout which made coordinating this the second time a lot faster/easier. seems like a lot of the 'work' is just making sure that a bucket that needs to accept beer isnt currently full of sanitizer, or realizing that a bucket needs to be at counter-height rather than on the floor BEFORE pouring 5-6gal of liquid into it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doc Block posted:

$15 worth of ingredients, not bad. Just gotta let it ferment a few weeks.

probably should get some sanitizer but idk i only know beering

e: didnt see the following post :doh:

Doc Block posted:

Nah, it's all sanitary. I StarSan-ed the gently caress out of that jug and the airlock, boiled the raisins and the sugar (not pictured), and even sprayed StarSan on the yeast packet and scissors I used to cut open said yeast packet.

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 16, 2014

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

if there is one thing that should _actually_ be open source it is source code for anything that controls whether somebody lives or dies

i dont care if its your trade secret
you are a corporation, and corporations are people, and people can't be trusted

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

hey you guys ever notice how your legs are made so they fit perfectly into pants? that poo poo is cray

poty posted:

its all because of that little bend at the knee. can you imagine if we didnt have it. makes you think

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

the question i need to ask is: why?

what is the appeal of prison wine when you aren't in a prison? you know you can purchase (or even manufacture yourself) regular wine at any time you choose?

uh says captain hobbyist over here

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ChiralCondensate posted:

one time when I told someone I'm a physicist the response was "oh like deepak chopra?"

a degree in astronomy is v useful as an early indicator at parties/etc when someone confuses it with astrology

havent otherwise used it for anything tho (i did a double w/ cs)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doc Block posted:

midwest supply and northern brewer both have quality ingredients for really decent prices.

northern brewer has $8 flat-rate shipping for all but the heaviest and biggest stuff. i've ordered a ton of equipment and ingredients from them that wound up shipping in a huge box and was still only $8 shipping.

and now midwest supply has free shipping on most orders over $59.

good time to be a home brewer in the US, high quality ingredients for decent prices, and they're easy to get. saw a youtube video from a guy in canada who said DME was about $18 Canadian per kilo; i bought a pound of DME a few months ago for $5.50 at my local homebrew shop.

downside w/ northern brewer is if you just want something small its also $8 shipping

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

my idiot spare time project last night and this afternoon: attaching a fan to my dsl modem. see dsl modems are poo poo and i figured the lovely broadcom chip might be getting too hot sometimes. i got a heatsink for it as well (pictured) but i dont have any thermal interface poo poo currently so i just went with the fan for now. fan is out of an old psu, got some resistors from my old car cd changer so the fan is nice and quiet. anyway thought u all might get a laugh out of the pic

reminds me of a friend's late-90s oil computer somehow

im the psu

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

tbf it was junk hardware to begin with they were just curious if itd work (it did, they ran a tfc server on it)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sniep posted:

i guess you could use lead-free sold..... ahhahhahhahahahhahahhahhhaa

I'm a solder babby and desoldering a couple bad caps on a sarnsung TV was super annoying because of the solder, ended up cranking the iron to max before that poo poo finally went liquid

I guess now I know why ppl prefer 60/40

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

melt a tiny blob of solder onto the tip of the iron and then touch the joint with that blob. youll be amazed

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah your iron should never be dry. imagine the conduction of the round solder tip on a wire, tiny patch. now put a glob of molten solder and realize how much more contact there is. its a good thing

O yeah I bet it was dry as a bone I'll be sure to keep it wet next time :cheers:

And yeah I've been pretty happy with the 888d, I'd used the $5 plug-in ones before and I'm really glad to have a good one around now for when I need it. Feel like it already paid for itself via mending that tv

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

fyi that pic is originally of a woman supporting the sjc decision legalizing gay marriage in MA, state house is in the background

(i vaguely remember the original)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I've been getting things together to build a 4 keg keezer (3 cornys for homebrew + 1 sankey for store-bought). The chest freezer I got runs cold enough to freeze water even on the lowest setting, so yesterday I spent a few hours building an enclosure for the $15 temperature regulator I'd bought. The idea is to plug the freezer into this box, and let the box control whether the freezer is getting power from the box's outlet using the thermometer wire that'll also run into the freezer. This avoids needing to tear into the chest freezer itself too much.

I used 12awg copper wire for the internals, which made wiring things way more difficult than necessary given that the controller is only rated for 10A and that the freezer sticker says its only 1.5A. The controller display also appears to have some defects -- the cooling/heating indicator dots and the temperature decimal point don't seem to light up. It works just fine where it matters tho, even has a configurable timer to avoid switching on/off too often.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

computer toucher posted:

just a thought - wouldn't that cause the compressor to run a lot more because when it loses power it also loses compressor pressre and needs to rebuild it whenever it turns back on? I thoughy freezers already do essentially this with their own thermostats?

if not, then cool idea. heh.

No idea tbh, I'm just copying what it looked like some other ppl had done with these things. For more money you can buy a prebuilt version of this even. The impression I'd gotten was that this was p much reproducing what the built-in thermostat would be doing but def could be wrong.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

I've been getting things together to build a 4 keg keezer (3 cornys for homebrew + 1 sankey for store-bought). The chest freezer I got runs cold enough to freeze water even on the lowest setting, so yesterday I spent a few hours building an enclosure for the $15 temperature regulator I'd bought. The idea is to plug the freezer into this box, and let the box control whether the freezer is getting power from the box's outlet using the thermometer wire that'll also run into the freezer. This avoids needing to tear into the chest freezer itself too much.

I used 12awg copper wire for the internals, which made wiring things way more difficult than necessary given that the controller is only rated for 10A and that the freezer sticker says its only 1.5A. The controller display also appears to have some defects -- the cooling/heating indicator dots and the temperature decimal point don't seem to light up. It works just fine where it matters tho, even has a configurable timer to avoid switching on/off too often.

finally finished the keezer.

since the last post, i did an exchange/replacement for the temp controller pictured above so now all the screen elements work

bf has access to a v nice woodshop at work and made a kickass double-layer collar with dovetail joints all around. its just attached to the freezer with some small metal plates that matched the screw holes left behind by the hinges. despite only being held in place by some screws at the back, the dovetails are so stiff that it doesnt flex at all, and the wood is heavy enough that its not prone to lift either. the lid meanwhile just lies on the top and lifts off. for labeling the taps and the kegs, i just used some of that 3m markerboard tape stuff.

we hosted a party last weekend, and going by how heavy/light the kegs now feel, the pliny clone was def the most popular

remaining minor work: lining the inside of the collar with the styrofoam insulation board thats currently sitting behind the keezer (whats a good way of cutting this?), finishing up the stain along the top edge of the collar, and optionally attaching the 4-way co2 manifold to the inside of the collar instead of leaving it sitting on the interior 'shelf', but it seems fine where it is tbh

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Play some anger boss

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Dr. Honked posted:

i made a 4 channel passive mixer out of a tuna can, for my volcas

yall got some weird food marketing up there in the great white north

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

finally got around to finishing baby's first non-trivial js: a savings/loan calculator

the chart live-updates as the params are changed, and the radio selector lets you solve for any of the params

i imagine it could stand to be cleaned up a bit (eg it's pretty hopeless on a phone) but the basic functionality is there
im thinking of adding some kind of historical return estimator for the savings tab (ie "80% stock / 20% bond for N years => X-Y% return'") but havent figured out what that'd look like yet

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 16, 2017

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doc Block posted:

You have some rounding errors.

Also, I'm assuming the "loan cost" is how much you pay in interest, yes?

edit: I'm also going to show this to my parents the next time they tell me how stupid I am for renting an apartment instead of buying a house. LMFAO at paying nearly double the house's initial value in interest.

yeah ive got it using js's float.toFixed for rounding the display vals and i think it ends up introducing error, or maybe theres a bug somewhere else idk

also yeah a good rule of thumb for a 30-year mortgage is to double the principal, you're better off getting a 30-year that you can afford to pay in 10-15.
the savings tab has a similar lesson for the cost of a high expense ratio (mutual funds).

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doc Block posted:

floating point numbers are inherently inaccurate, which is why they aren't used in calculators and actual financial software. performing calculations on them, with those calculations feeding into further calculations, will almost certainly introduce rounding errors.

yeah definitely, js doesnt exactly make it easy to deal with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

yeah i hope this is the largest thing i ever make in js