Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

wut is going on here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

hbag posted:

added a cool new theme to my shitposty personal site, was a frustrating but educational adventure in js
and after making sure there's nothing that could get me doxed on it i figured i might as well post the link
https://hbaguette.neocities.org

after last night im trying to come up with other neat js toys to stick on the site, lmk if you have any ideas or something
also lmk if i should absolutely remove that link because i missed something or whatever

cursor: pointer on hover on links would be nice and it would be super dope to do a custom cursor

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
i dunno anything about what it does but it looks cool and i want one

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

hbag posted:

ok cool let me hop in my loving time machine and not do that then

get a computer touchgin job then you can buy a new av 2x a week

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
why not wifi?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

hbag posted:

no, no, its worse
for example, its like fuckinnn photos/2021/09/foobar.png
the loving YEAR is the top-level folder
its terrible

this sounds pretty good op

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
is a synology a better solution than some sort of cloud thing u pay a sub for, i know this is the project thread just wondering about dollars

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
ok i bought the synology and 4x 8tb wd easystores ty jony

now to remember how to uhhh... get the movies and music on there

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
:vince:

thats dope. i think we can learn a few things from the older mac guis like 7. or maybe im just old.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
i shucked the drives and set up my synology last night. having some issues getting it to connect to the package store for some reason.

also if someone could pm me about how to get files on this that would be great

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Jonny 290 posted:

you're looking at around 1.9 TB if you grab the halloween movie pack off the site im on

this is more like what i was asking about how to find lmao

spankmeister posted:

is your DSM up to date?

ya i updated it when i set it up last night, then i had to assign a static ip to it and then its like nah i dont wanna connect. ill have to check it out later this week when i have more time

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
oh nice i didnt set the gateway ty

what are the sick packages

is plex good or do i do kodi

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
whats a good vpn for privacy these days?

i used mullvad years ago, is that one still good?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
you invented lets plays? what a legend

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

PIZZA.BAT posted:

so i've got the java part of my idiot spare time project up and working and am now looking at the python/ai side of things and man.... this poo poo is complicated lol

i'm reading through tensorflow documentation and while nothing is completely beyond my grasp it's just every single thing i read opens up like a hydra of even more things i need to read. i'm eventually going to hit a point where i go, 'oh... ok now i get it i know what to do now' but it's probably going to be a while

edit: the most frustrating part is even in their tutorials they do the, 'ok now draw the rest of the owl' a whole lot. i understand that this is a brand new and complicated field where the only real contributors are academics at this point but it'd be nice if their tutorial code used real loving variable names instead of things like _

i joined a scala shop recently and its just _ and a and b and whatever meaningless name for every variable. must be an academic thing

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
_ is wildcard in scala, no idea about pizza.bats shop tho

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
make it fizzle in

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

hbag posted: