Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Before kick-off I was kind of expecting us to lose because QPR are a strong side, but I'm really disappointed now because I thought we were good value for at least a point. That said, we look a lot stronger than we have for a long time and I'm still (strangely) optimistic about this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

【CC6節】vs Millwall
1-1の引分 2勝1分2敗 7pts
順位は10位から13位へ下降。 #bhafc #bhafc_jp

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Funny how mccormacks goals have suddenly dried up lol

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Funny how mccormacks goals have suddenly dried up lol
do you have any opinion on the likely future of the Scott McDonald Experience

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Chris de Sperg posted:

do you have any opinion on the likely future of the Scott McDonald Experience

Not really no sorry

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
In the post-match interview Adkins was asked about Kebe signing for Palace and said he was "supposed" to have gone for a medical yesterday but knew no more. He added that the next three days would be very busy as he wanted to get promoted.

Scrappy win, but 3 points and the clean sheet will do. On to the next one.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Bacon of the Sea posted:

In the post-match interview Adkins was asked about Kebe signing for Palace and said he was "supposed" to have gone for a medical yesterday but knew no more. He added that the next three days would be very busy as he wanted to get promoted.

Scrappy win, but 3 points and the clean sheet will do. On to the next one.

Just an FYI Vaz Te put in a transfer request and I'm not sure if he's even going to be registered with the squad, so there's a good chance you'll get him.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Apparently Peter Kenyon - formerly of United and Chelsea - has been brought in as some sort of consultant at Boro. It's a bit confusing because Boro's pawn shop sponsors Ramsdens is also called Peter Kenyon but it seems like it's the footbally one that's being talked about.

There's no doubting the guy's credentials, but will be interesting to see what exactly he is consulting on. If we ever know.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Apparently Peter Kenyon - formerly of United and Chelsea - has been brought in as some sort of consultant at Boro. It's a bit confusing because Boro's pawn shop sponsors Ramsdens is also called Peter Kenyon but it seems like it's the footbally one that's being talked about.

There's no doubting the guy's credentials, but will be interesting to see what exactly he is consulting on. If we ever know.

Are you sure they aren't the same person? Is their photographic evidence of them being in the same room at the same time?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cart Cam posted:

Are you sure they aren't the same person? Is their photographic evidence of them being in the same room at the same time?

I'm actually personally sure it's not the same person but this isn't the time or place for that.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Following our deadline day failure, Reading have taken the 1984 route and removed the stories from the official site about how Adkins had named his targets and expected 3 big signings in the final days of the window.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Following our deadline day failure, Reading have taken the 1984 route and removed the stories from the official site about how Adkins had named his targets and expected 3 big signings in the final days of the window.

Lmao if they've actually done that, the window was looking so good until this last week basically

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently we've turned down an approach from Osasuna for Oscar Juniyet. And so it begins. We need to stop getting in fancy dan foreign managers and go for someone unfashionable like Pullis.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Nigel Howe was on the radio this morning doing a massive beckpedal and explaining that Reading "aren't in a financial position" to complete any transfers and that the £5m raised by sales in the last days of the window was absorbed to cover for lost revenue incurred by relegation.

The senior squad has 3 central defenders and 4 strikers, inclusive of Jason Roberts who we'll probably never see play again, Pog who doesn't give a gently caress, Alf who doesn't fit properly into the system as a lone striker and Blackman who doesn't fit anywhere above league 1. Doomed.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't pay a lot of attention to Reading but they seem to be a bit bipolar.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

We are. Nigel said we have no money for players in one breath, but confirming we're in for Sissoko in the next. I'm sure we could more than pay the fee and wages for someone like Nahki Wells with the wages Sissoko would earn.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We have 3 central defenders (two of which are Clint Hill and Richard Dunne, so accounting for injuries we have about 2.1 senior CBs), and 3 strikers (by the same equation, about 1.5 when you account for two of them being AJ and Bobby loving Zamora). Our fans remain convinced we'll win the league, presumably after fielding the innovative 0-10-0 formation to use all of our centre mids.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Do you reckon Julio Cesar will play in goal now that he's at QPR for a while?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It's hard to tell. Julio is clearly the better keeper, but he was pretty keen to be off whereas Green committed straight away to staying and fighting and has been pretty good as our #1 since the season started. I think 'arry likes him as well. My suspicion is that we'll quietly continue with Green as the #1 unless/until he makes a massive loving howler and try and ship Cesar out in January once he starts getting serious pressure from Scolari to get first-team football somewhere if he wants to make the World Cup squad.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Two Lancashire teams in the top 3 (gently caress off Blackburn). :allears:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Bacon of the Sea posted:

We are. Nigel said we have no money for players in one breath, but confirming we're in for Sissoko in the next. I'm sure we could more than pay the fee and wages for someone like Nahki Wells with the wages Sissoko would earn.

So what is the deal with Momo right now? Love to see him back in England, he's a good lad

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

T. Finninho posted:

So what is the deal with Momo right now? Love to see him back in England, he's a good lad

Rafa is going to sign him, if the rumors in Italy are correct.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Word is he's talking to Rafa/Napoli, so we're out of the picture.

Saw two articles today where Adkins said he felt disappointed by our window and we won't be able to reach the 100 goal/21 clean sheets target now.

I hope we strike lucky in the panic loan/unemployment raffle.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Word is he's talking to Rafa/Napoli, so we're out of the picture.

Saw two articles today where Adkins said he felt disappointed by our window and we won't be able to reach the 100 goal/21 clean sheets target now.

I hope we strike lucky in the panic loan/unemployment raffle.

Carlton Cole apparently failed his trial due to being fat, you can have him.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

We lost 2-0 to a really well drilled, Paul Le Guen managed Oman national side, fielding a team half consisting of our own U21 players.

Lots stayed away in protest of the poor end to the window and some of our fans booed at the end of the match, which probably did wonders for the lads making their debut in the first team. I have no idea when our fans became awful but it's teeth grindingly bad right now.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'm deeply confused by the whole Reading situation. At the end of last season it looked like they were a well-run, well-managed club who'd taken the sensible approach to the top flight - go up, enjoy the payday with no intention of staying in the league, then aim to come straight back up with finances in much better shape to try and stay in the PL. Instead they've descended into omnishambles while QPR's basket case of a situation has evened right out into what looks like a being a comfortable top 6 campaign.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Loads of our fans are just as confused. We were promised big things and the fans responded by buying a record number of season tickets, but in the end we spent more signing Carl Asaba in 1997 than we did in total in this window.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Loads of our fans are just as confused. We were promised big things and the fans responded by buying a record number of season tickets, but in the end we spent more signing Carl Asaba in 1997 than we did in total in this window.
I think Carl Asaba's still available, hopefully we can beat you to his signature

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Is winning the Championship considered a trophy?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Yeah, I think even 2nd place and the play off winners each get one

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Of course, why wouldn't it be?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

2nd doesn't get anything. The playoff winner does, though.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Yes, and since it's the old First Division trophy it's a whole lot better looking than the PL...thing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I love listening to a top secret stream of BBC Radio Leeds as Luke Varney scores a brutal header

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

I love listening to a top secret stream of BBC Radio Leeds as Luke Varney scores a brutal header

never doubted him a second

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
Alex Aldridge ‏@accordingtoaldo 2m

Turning very sour here. Adam Smith hit by object thrown from crowd. Fan now running on pitch.

Alright Happyprince, you were right, we're going down

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like without Kenny Jackett's steady and sensible management Millwall are literally falling apart

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.

the sex ghost posted:

Looks like without Kenny Jackett's steady and sensible management Millwall are literally falling apart

Agreed, Sex Ghost, agreed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds got a scrappy 3 points away from home which last happened approximately 800 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

its all coming together imo

• Locked thread