Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
we're going up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

lol out loud at millwall. i see their fans reacting in predictable fashion too

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Eh, you've gotta love 'em, the little scamps.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I personally do hate them

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
I live within hearing range of the ground and I heard both the ironic cheer for the consolation goal and the booing at the end out of my window, things are going pretty, pretty, pretty good

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

loving Blackburn.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Pog, cmon

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This hasn't been the best game, but the cards coming out have livened it up a bit.

Brighton play some really nice stuff from the back, but when they get near the front it just keeps breaking down.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Got tickets to Reading vs Leeds on Wednesday, first match I've been to in ages!

Living in Reading but supporting Leeds finally comes into it's own...

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

we've signed macheda on loan from man u. he has not scored since 2011

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Bloody hell, he's only 22.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

thehappyprince posted:

we've signed macheda on loan from man u. he has not scored since 2011

We had him at QPR in our first year in the PL and he was shite and only played about 6 times for us despite our other options being Heidar Helguson and old no-hips Zamora. Good luck.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Apparently Macheda is well known for drinking and smoking and being a bit poo poo now according to a Manchester based friend, but he likes the other local team so IDK if he would be biased.

Reading have done well this loan window with zero players coming in and Hope Akpan expected to leave on loan for Steve Coppell's Crawley Town in the next couple of days. That's about £1m we spent on him Jan, with us loaning him back on a free in Sept. Steve Coppell is a wizard and I wish he was still at the club.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I hope Leeds loving smash Reading tonight

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

TelekineticBear! posted:

I hope for the opposite of this statement

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TelekineticBear! posted:

This. Reading can get hosed.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Good to see Aidy White back on the bench. Hope he gets a run out.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Fuckin hell the radio went funny as that free kick was taken I thought it was in. Warnock off as well.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
gently caress

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

son of a bitch!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

for fucks sake

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Sounded like we should've won that lads. Gutted.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

7 goddamn minutes

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

cannot believe we're top of the league, this is what not being poo poo feels like

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Sure would be nice to score more than 1 or 0 goals though

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Charlton aren't exactly poo poo but we certainly aren't all that great either

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

Sure would be nice to score more than 1 or 0 goals though

We scored 2 in the first game of the season!

I think once the attack comes together a bit we might see a few more goals out of the side but honestly if we sat and ground out 1-0 wins all season I'd be a happy man.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Great second half performance from Leeds tonight. Red card my arse.

Deserved at least a point. Support was fantastic as usual, 3000+ on a Wednesday night ain't bad.

Also: £4 a pint, what the gently caress is the world coming too!? Nice touch that all the bar staff had Elland Road shirts on though.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Macheda played for Doncaster against the hornets and was apparently poo poo lol and played about an hour.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

We scored 2 in the first game of the season!

I think once the attack comes together a bit we might see a few more goals out of the side but honestly if we sat and ground out 1-0 wins all season I'd be a happy man.

I'm very excited to see how it goes now that the options at striker are Charlie Austin and a couple U21s. Defense has been strong though, hopefully Onuoha didn't do his hamstring too badly

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Macheda played for Doncaster against the hornets and was apparently poo poo lol and played about an hour.

worst part is the constant rumours that billy sharp might come back and take his rightful place on the iron throne of doncaster but no :smith:

we could play 11 machedas and still not be millwall tho so every cloud

thehappyprince fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 19, 2013

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

I'm very excited to see how it goes now that the options at striker are Charlie Austin and a couple U21s. Defense has been strong though, hopefully Onuoha didn't do his hamstring too badly

Yeah I'm quite worried, Ned has been a titan at CB for us so far and as much as I like both Hill and Dunne it'd be the slowest CB pairing in the league by a long way.

Bit mystified by our striker situation too personally but I guess Spurs didn't have any spare that we could afford and god forbid we look anywhere else.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Thought last night was a point a piece tbh, Alf scoring in the last minute is fairly standard though. As is Jem Karacan getting injured against Leeds, fingers crossed it isn't another break.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Reading complete double over Arry by signing Fulham defender Chris Baird who had been training with QPR for the past two months. Redknapp is rumoured to be livid.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Reading complete double over Arry by signing Fulham defender Chris Baird who had been training with QPR for the past two months. Redknapp is rumoured to be livid.

Cunts. Especially since Big Ned is apparently out long-term, which is pretty shocking given that we had both Dunne and Hill playing every game. I can't believe we managed to end up in the same position as last year with only 3 CBs and 3 strikers of which the majority are old and injury-prone, but, well, 'arry.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
After the last two seasons I never figured QPR's problem would be buying too few players.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

According to local press in Southampton and Reading Billy Sharp is close to securing a loan deal to Reading and will more than likely feature in the team tomorrow, despite having not met the players or staff ahead of the game.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bacon of the Sea posted:

According to local press in Southampton and Reading Billy Sharp is close to securing a loan deal to Reading and will more than likely feature in the team tomorrow, despite having not met the players or staff ahead of the game.

Fucks sake.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

After the last two seasons I never figured QPR's problem would be buying too few players.

Our problem has never been buying too many players, it's been buying too many players in completely the wrong positions. I can't even remember all the midfielders we've bought over the last 3 years or so but our depth at CB and striker has been abysmal for a while now - Hughes in particular managed to bring in everything except those two positions despite them being the obvious holes in the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Corrode posted:

Cunts. Especially since Big Ned is apparently out long-term, which is pretty shocking given that we had both Dunne and Hill playing every game. I can't believe we managed to end up in the same position as last year with only 3 CBs and 3 strikers of which the majority are old and injury-prone, but, well, 'arry.

No more need to worry, it looks like Carlton Cole has finally found a new club

• Locked thread