Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

Its probably debatable.

What might most people picture when they think of a Performance Artist?

What might most people picture when they think of a Superstar?

Its a toss up.

nice to know Miley and Iron Sheik have the same dentures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Dude who works for SMV just tweeted about doing the CHIKARA iPPV opening for the May 25 show. So, I guess that confirms the return show will be on iPPV.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
In this case, it was live AND it was Quackenbush-- he just finished an AMA:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1xmixr/ama_mike_quackenbush/

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SirDippingSauce posted:

In this case, it was live AND it was Quackenbush-- he just finished an AMA:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1xmixr/ama_mike_quackenbush/
The most interesting thing was seeing Quackenbush break kayfabe in a way that makes it look like he wasn't actually breaking it. Especially about the ARG stuff.

e: The guy sitting next to me at a show in NC asked a question, that's bizarre

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 11, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm going to do a new indies thread in the next few days, do you guys wanna keep CHIKARA discussion here or merge it back into the megathread?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm going to do a new indies thread in the next few days, do you guys wanna keep CHIKARA discussion here or merge it back into the megathread?

This thread was mostly created as a reaction to the whole ASHES phenomenon in the first place, and it looks like most of the Wrestling Is promotions are dead and gone, so I personally wouldn't mind.

I need to catch up more on the other indies anyhow. Seems like they haven't been quite as loud as they used to be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

The irony that Chikara was most talked about when it was dead.

I don't mind CHIKARA having its own thread because it usually keeps shitposters from trolling for no reason. Too many many people were whining because Chikara was "too talked about" in the Indy thread anyway.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
As a non-CHIKARA fan, I think there was enough discussion pre-Ashes to warrant its own thread.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd say leave it like it is now, if only because it's really the only indie that's booked with heavy storylines, so the rest of the news in the indie thread is going to drown in Chikara-chat.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

The Indie thread seems to understandably hate when it's swarmed with Chikara chat. I'd just keep this thread until the proper return, then a new Chikara thread.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm easy either way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the indies thread can have TNA. Chikara deserves its own thread.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Yeah, I'd say keep them separate. The folks who don't like Chikara don't have to worry about it "making GBS threads up" the indie thread that way.

I'd say we create a new Chikara thread eventually, probably closer to May, when the company relaunches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It turns out that the poster for the Ashes of Chikara isn't for the return show. It's actually for the release of a full-length Ashes movie thing. Here's the trailer.

From the looks of it, it's all the stuff from the other videos plus extra scenes that will probably lead to shocking reveals and stuff. None of the unfamiliar stuff in the trailer is especially enticing. But who am I kidding, I'll get it anyway. So bring on the clips of Jigsaw reading the internet on his tablet while chilling at a bar.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

For the return show You Only Live Twice, they're doing an "Expansion Pack", which is a renamed version of the Fan Conclave. The same kind of meet and greet that they'd do during most King of Trios where you get to play board games with the wrestlers, do trivia contests and other silly poo poo. What's interesting about it is the timing. With King of Trios, they did it early enough in the day that they could tell you to leave when it was done and come back a few hours later to wait on line for the show. With this one, it's at 1pm and the doors open for the show at 2. That means that either they're sending you out to hit the back of the line or they're letting anyone in the Expansion Pack stick around for choice seating. I have to imagine it'll probably be the latter.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I can't wait for the rumble pack.

E: or maybe that one that lets you use your own pokemon in Stadium.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I got front row either way since I am in possession of the "I am CHIKARA" shirts.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I can't wait for the rumble pack.

E: or maybe that one that lets you use your own pokemon in Stadium.

That was the Expansion Pak.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

njsykora posted:

That was the Expansion Pak.

No, the expansion pak was the extra ram that you needed for Majoras Mask and Rogue Squadron.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think it was actually Perfect Dark that it was first packaged with because Rare were terribad developers.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nah, Donkey Kong 64. Perfect Dark needed it for single player, though.

According to the table on wikipedia that and Majora's Mask were the only ones that really required it to run, too. A bunch of other games need it only for higher resolution.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nah, Donkey Kong 64. Perfect Dark needed it for single player, though.

According to the table on wikipedia that and Majora's Mask were the only ones that really required it to run, too. A bunch of other games need it only for higher resolution.

Yep you're right. I knew it was a Rare game. The glitches in DK64 are incredible.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Xenoletum posted:

No, the expansion pak was the extra ram that you needed for Majoras Mask and Rogue Squadron.

Bollocks, it was the Transfer Pak because I just found mine.

Could call the 2011 season the Transfer Pak as most of the roster transferred to WWE.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
At the end of Wrestling is Fun tonight, they announced that the Tag World Grand Prix is back this year in Easton, PA on April 5th. It will be under the Wrestling is Fun! banner though, and I think the winners will be the Tag Champs for WiF! and the "belts" will be a couple of pears. Seems like it will only be a 1 night thing, so most likely just 8 teams?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I had almost forgotten last year's TWGP in Chicago, another one-day event right before the collapse of the company. It had 16 teams, all of which were either Wrestling Is, the usual suspects of Young Bucks, Bravados, and Da Soul Touchaz, and the Submission Squad filling in for the Heart Throbs, who didn't show.

So yeah, I'd expect it to be some combination of that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It makes sense to move TWGP to WiF. It's outlived its usefulness as a Chikara thing and the only reasons they've brought it back was because they wanted a hook for their European tour years ago and because they weren't planning on doing Trios last year. Now it's just a hand-me-down to a company that doesn't have anything unique compared to its bigger brother.

Also, they're doing June shows in Chicago and Detroit. Tickets go on sale today.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I really hope they return to Da Souf again this year, especially if The Batiri are on the card. Crazy southern fans vs Demons is one of my favorite things in wrestling. :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd go if they came to Columbus/Cincy/Dayton. They had a Wrestling Is... card booked about 30 mins from my house last year but it got cancelled.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, the TWGP is a 16 team tournament and it STARTS in Easton. 8 matches there, so I guess they will finish it on the show the following month since no other show that weekend has been announced.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So what did DJ Hyde say about Quakenbush?

Drew Gulak is suddenly doing damage control on his twitter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

Is he pouting again for not being able to compete in National Pro Wrestling day?

e: Apparently it's from an RF Shoot which I have no interest in buying.

lmao I'm watching the preview on YT and he's legitimately pouting and raging because he wasn't included in National Pro Wrestling Day. And he admits he was going to do poo poo to put over CZW too.

last edit: He says that Quackenbush was loving Saturyne.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 27, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Remember when we all applauded DJ Hyde because he was more sensible than Zandig?

Also I wanna know how he knows who Quack is loving. Was he loving Quack too?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

Remember when we all applauded DJ Hyde because he was more sensible than Zandig?

Also I wanna know how he knows who Quack is loving. Was he loving Quack too?
I think he insinuated that Jon Moxley was loving her too. It's pretty well known that Deej just makes poo poo up all the time, no one takes him seriously, not even CZW wrestlers.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

I think he insinuated that Jon Moxley was loving her too.

This is infinitely easier to believe than Quack loving her.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I don't know what it is about wrestling promoters that causes them to embarrass themselves so. I mean, I get the natural desire to do things your way since you're in charge and all, and the nature of competition and differing ideals, but is it really that hard to show some restraint?

It just hurts business at the end of the day. I feel bad for guys like Gulak caught in the middle.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

njsykora posted:

This is infinitely easier to believe than Quack loving her.
That's funny because Dean Ambrose was signed to FCW before she ever debuted.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

coconono posted:

Here you go.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

drat, nice WoW cup DJ.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I feel dumber for even listening to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

"I took shoot kicks for your sins"
"I don't pay my guys but I take care of them"

Claims Drew Gulak's gimmick is Mike Quackenbush/cult leader although isn't anything like a cult leader, it's just an anti-hardcore gimmick
Then he buries The Colony in the same rant apparently unaware his champion is one of them.
Acknowledges that Quack has OCD and hates shaking hands and then gets mad about Quack not shaking his hands.

DJ puts over Hallowicked as a great worker, everyone puts him over pretty drat huge, even Chris Hero. I just don't see it, I guess. Maybe it's his gimmick that holds him back.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 27, 2014

• Locked thread