Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Artix posted:

Mother 3 is a GBA game that came out in 2006 and almost didn't come out then. Expecting to get Mother 3, especially after Earthbound didn't sell especially well was a pipe dream. (And it's even more of one now)

Yeah, until we see GBA games on the 3DS Shop, there's no hope of a Nintendo-done localized Mother 3 release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

morcant posted:

When I was young and dumb, I spent a good three months stuck in Magicant because I didn't realize the Casey Bat was a piece of poo poo. I can't remember how I finally figured it out, whether I looked at an FAQ or what, but I found another, less terrible bat I'd put in storage and was on my way in about ten minutes. :downs:

I got lucky. My father saw me playing, pointed out the story behind the name (i.e Casey strikes out) and it occurred to me...that's why I'm missing so goddamn much. Because the legend is about someone who smashes them out of the park UNTIL IT loving COUNTS.

:v: Lucky for me this was only my fourth goddamn playthrough before I realized it wasn't worth the effort.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Harrower posted:

90% of the bosses, 99% of the mini/sub bosses, and all the trash have huge vulnerabilities to some disable that trivializes them. If you cant sleep it, you can paralyze it. If you can't paralyze it, you can brainshock it. Or use one of the many items that does a similar effect.

They weren't THAT inaccurate. Most of the time, if it worked, it ALWAYS worked. Like the mummies in the pyramid. They do a shitload of damage, have high HP, tank hits fairly well, and can wreck your poo poo...but one 7 PP Paralysis Alpha will stop them dead.

Ascetic Crow posted:

Wait, you guys actually use magic? The only time I use PSI in Earthbound is when a boss has an elemental weakness. I'm so afraid that I won't have enough MP that I just spam attacks and lifeup.

I did this too, until I started realizing enemies had status weaknesses. Made my life SO much easier than just mashing Bash, and once in a while hurling a Sleep in can do wonders.

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think Moonside is the coolest thing ever. After it's over the game dismisses it as "Oh yeah it was just a machine that made illusions" but you know it wasn't that. It wasn't that at all. :stare:

Tripping on shrooms in Mother 3 is really awesome but it doesn't come close to how hosed up moonside is.

Moon--side...de-monsiideee...welcome!!!

Hello! And...Goodbye!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Actually, the Mickey Mouse and Storm Trooper ones can be justified under part 4 of the Fair Use doctrine. I.e you are not altering the market value or potential earnings of the copyright holder.

Just because I cosplay as the Doctor does not mean Doctor Who is now less profitable.

They can take you to court and likely money you out of the case, but if it went through to any sort of legal preceding you'd likely be ruled as allowed to do so under that point.

[I am not a lawyer, this is just my understanding of the law]

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Walliard posted:

The joke is that there's no joke. :v:

Alternately, the joke is that he messed up telling a riddle which goes: "If there's five apples on a table and you take away one, how many do you have?"

Answer: One.

I've always heard "If you have five apples and you take two, how many do you have? Five."

But I always liked "Pop Quiz! A Beatles song! XXXterday!
>yes no"

• Locked thread