Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't tell me they never ported Mother 3 for this reason.

Mother 3 is a GBA game that came out in 2006 and almost didn't come out then. Expecting to get Mother 3, especially after Earthbound didn't sell especially well was a pipe dream. (And it's even more of one now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I love this game and all but if you don't want to grind you're objectively going to lose, by Mole Cave if you haven't at least done a bit of grinding you just can't continue.

I'm playing this for the first time, and I just got to Happy Happy Valley. I can definitely attest to this; even with a decent amount of grinding, I am getting my poo poo wrecked by the UFOs and I can't even properly heal because I get my PP drained by the plants on the way there, to say nothing of getting mushroomed or other stupid status ailments. I've heard it gets way easier as you get later in the game, but these opening parts are just straight up not fun to play. It's charming as gently caress, sure. But it's not 1995 anymore, and there are plenty of games that hit similar notes that I'd much rather be playing.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

zenintrude posted:

Maybe this has been addressed in the 5 pages since, but this is the silliest statement:

1. Nintendo has a solid digital distribution system set up at this point AND a working GBA emulator for 3DS, which wasn't the case in 2006
2. The guy who translated Mother 3 for ROMs has literally offered to give Nintendo his translation for free with no strings attached
3. It's free money

1. Nintendo does not have a working GBA emulator for 3DS. It does not feature save states (manual or the suspend kind) and the 3DS will not go into sleep mode if you close the lid. What they have technically runs, but it's not worth paying for and Nintendo knows it.
2. Even if it is being offered for free with no strings attached, accepting it would set all kinds of precedents and Nintendo isn't going to do it. If (and that's a big if) Mother 3 ever does get translated, it'll be an in-house job.
3. It is very much not free money. Even if they did accept the Mother 3 translation for free, they're still going to have to do bugtesting, and go over the translation to make sure they don't have any problems with it, all of which costs time and money.

I would love to see Mother 3 eventually make its way over here, even if I have absolutely no interest in it, but it's not nearly as easy as "Take mother3.gba, apply translation patch, put up on eShop", contrary to what some people would like to believe.

• Locked thread